Cooking

Gemmill

Fucking livid. Used my new kenwood stick blender for the first time on a roasted veg soup and there must've been some plastic hidden underneath the blade. Had a load of shredded pieces of plastic hidden away in almost every bite.

Argh. :pullhair:

Just passing time so boiled a bit of broccoli florets for 5 mins, then mixied them in a bowl that contained a bit of plain flour, chilli flakes, chinese 5 spices, pepper, salt and ground ginger.

Stir fryed high for a few minutes in some garlic olive oil (ran out of just garlic) and then soya sauce and a smidge of honey added for the last minute.

Bloody delicious.

Just passing time so boiled a bit of broccoli florets for 5 mins, then mixied them in a bowl that contained a bit of plain flour, chilli flakes, chinese 5 spices, pepper, salt and ground ginger.

Stir fryed high for a few minutes in some garlic olive oil (ran out of just garlic) and then soya sauce and a smidge of honey added for the last minute.

Bloody delicious.

that does sound good. try it minus the flour next time and it's even healthier.

i would also recommend trying ground nut oil instead of olive oil for stir frying. less of a powerful flavour and less saturated fat plus you can heat it to a higher temperature, which is what you want when stir frying.

i tend not to boil brocolli before stir frying either as i like it on the al dente side of al dente.

that does sound good. try it minus the flour next time and it's even healthier.

i would also recommend trying ground nut oil instead of olive oil for stir frying. less of a powerful flavour and less saturated fat plus you can heat it to a higher temperature, which is what you want when stir frying.

i tend not to boil brocolli before stir frying either as i like it on the al dente side of al dente.

Aye a few of the recipes I looked at mentioned groundnut oil but not something I had in. Now at stains bury so will buy.

The flour was only there as that's what I use for my salt and chilli chicken recipe .

Aye a few of the recipes I looked at mentioned groundnut oil but not something I had in. Now at stains bury so will buy.

The flour was only there as that's what I use for my salt and chilli chicken recipe .

i use olive oil mainly for salads and italian cooking. olive oil is still healthy, and delicious. but for stir fry, when you want to heat up the oil really high, a flavourless oil like groundnut is better.

the flour will have done a good job of holding the broccoli together given you par boiled it before stir frying it and it would have made it nice and crispy. but if you don't bother par boiling it, you needn't worry about it turning to mush. it will hold its shape and still cook through while not going too mushy.

either way, a nice sounding dish. :thumbup:

i use olive oil mainly for salads and italian cooking. olive oil is still healthy, and delicious. but for stir fry, when you want to heat up the oil really high, a flavourless oil like groundnut is better.

the flour will have done a good job of holding the broccoli together given you par boiled it before stir frying it and it would have made it nice and crispy. but if you don't bother par boiling it, you needn't worry about it turning to mush. it will hold its shape and still cook through while not going too mushy.

either way, a nice sounding dish. :thumbup:

After Olive Oil gets over 200 degrees celcius, it becomes a saturated fat, and so it becomes unhealthy and high in cholesterol. Remember that. Canola Oil is better when cooking on high heat.

After Olive Oil gets over 200 degrees celcius, it becomes a saturated fat, and so it becomes unhealthy and high in cholesterol. Remember that. Canola Oil is better when cooking on high heat.

That's a huge, huge myth!

It's really easy tbh.

Cook off the chicken breasts in a sauté pan, lift it out and gently fry off diced onion and garlic. Add the mushroom for a few minutes, then add a decent whack of white wine. Put the chicken back in, reduce it, add some stock, reduce it again, lift out the chicken, stir in a handful of tarragon , then add a bit of cream.

The mash, I boiled the celeriac with potato ( about 1:2 ratio) , mashed with some butter and a drop of cream.

Proper winter comfort scran.