Cooking

Gemmill

Definitely. Love that far more than I ever did my Tasimo.

You're out of luck CT as I gave mine away the other week. If you had have mentioned it a few weeks ago I would have happily let you have that one.

Obviously you have now moved on but overall what were the pros cons?

Obviously you have now moved on but overall what were the pros cons?

At first I loved it. Really liked some of the flavours of coffee on offer etc. Then I just got sick of the extortionate amount I was paying for the pods or whatever they are called, plus it doesn't actually fill up your glass that high either.

Productive and successful weekend, so a shepherd's pie has just gone into the oven as a reward. :good: First run-out for the new potato ricer, which might already be challenging for the title of "favourite kitchen implement" (I keep a detailed top 10, natch.)

Productive and successful weekend, so a shepherd's pie has just gone into the oven as a reward. :good: First run-out for the new potato ricer, which might already be challenging for the title of "favourite kitchen implement" (I keep a detailed top 10, natch.)

I had one in my hands in Marksy's after the match but bottled it at £15 and bought a six pack of Thomas underpants instead.

Salt. This is the next thing on my radar.

Never much bothered with it but over the years our lass's heavy handed use of it has worn off on me.

Two questions.

Is there a healthy alternative for table salt?

Do the healthy folk who cook still use it in cooking or do you leave out, only use a tiny amount or use a substitute?

I just use whatever the recipe recommends and it's usually plenty. It's just about retraining your taste buds really.

You need to wean yourself off it rather than find an alternative though.

So when it says season to taste, do you just not bother or just add a couple of token shakes.

'Season to taste' is an annoying term.

It comes down to tasting as you go along. Just add a pinch if a dish doesn't taste quite right. If you can see how much salt you're putting into food then there's very little chance of having too much.

I never use table salt after a meal is done because you just don't need it. Table salt is crap anyway. Invest in some kosher salt for seasoning.