Cooking

Gemmill

No :lol: I was doing the veg, carving the meat, sorting the gravy, keeping the potatoes warms etc and making sure it was served nicely. Didn't have time to capture it in all its glory. There's still loads left, if it makes a good photo before lunch tomorrow will take a snap.

It was the gravy that distracted me really, so much fat to take out and was doing that and veg at same time to make sure it was all piping hot. All worth it though, the crackling went down a storm.

It was fucking magnificent. Crackling was perfect on the high side of the roast, less good towards the bottom. Did an apple sauce so didn't do ausman's Normande cider thing. The meat was ridiculously good, was a 4kg piece so roasted it for 5 hours, could have done more. The wine was amazing (savigny les beaunes) and we had a tarte tatin for afters so I opened the half bottle of 1989 Sauternes premier cru which was a gift from the father in law. Rounded off with 1991 Coal Ila Mackillops choice. Fucking lush.

vic-04.jpg

"Llllllet's take a sllllooooiiiiiice."

Edited by Gemmill

Whereas I dug out a near-forgotten tub of lentil and spinach curry from the freezer and wrapped it up in parottas. Tons of coriander, gorgeous earthy flavours but it looks like diarrhoea so I won't be providing photos either. :lol:

It was fucking magnificent. Crackling was perfect on the high side of the roast, less good towards the bottom. Did an apple sauce so didn't do ausman's Normande cider thing. The meat was ridiculously good, was a 4kg piece so roasted it for 5 hours, could have done more. The wine was amazing (savigny les beaunes) and we had a tarte tatin for afters so I opened the half bottle of 1989 Sauternes premier cru which was a gift from the father in law. Rounded off with 1991 Coal Ila Mackillops choice. Fucking lush.

Beef dinner with fancy pop tbh

Being the key word here as he couldnt spare a nano second to click a button ;)

(Dinner in bin my guess)

When was the last time you did a full roast for 6 people and did some photography during the service?

It was good because i know how to cook, been doing it for 20 years.