Cooking

Gemmill

i'm making my famous baby aubergine, okra, paneer and tomato curry tonight.

It starts with some onions, garlic and ginger fried up with a teaspoon of cumin seeds.

later come the aubergines. chop these babies up quite fine and fry off until they go mushy (nothing worse than under-done aubergine), then hoy 3-4 chopped fresh tomatoes and the okra in the mix along with some a teaspoon of chilli powder, a teaspoon of tumeric and teaspoons of coriander powder and garam masala. finally the paneer. let it stew on a low-ish heat until the tomatoes have reduced to a thick sauce, the spices have infused, the aubergines are soft and the okra softish but with a little bite. finally throw in a handful of fresh coriander leaves.

serve up with some mint raita yoghurt and homemade pilau rice.

Booooom

Liver n' onions with roasted sweet potato last night. I tweeted it to Guy Fieri but I won't hear anything back. (I really don't understand twitter) :lol:

No skimping on portions tonight and best of[f]all, pancetta joined the party. @GuyFieri even you'd be tempted! pic.twitter.com/TnjFvbkESa

Bf0TBqICcAAVeLa.jpg
12:17 PM - 6 Feb 2014 · Details

Haha thanks. :shifty: Much prefer to serve liver pan-fried rather than cooked in something, a lot more tender.

One of the lasses at work fries it all off and then bakes it for an hour in bisto - it comes out like liver-flavoured jerky. :puke: I need a new job!

Haha thanks. :shifty: Much prefer to serve liver pan-fried rather than cooked in something, a lot more tender.

One of the lasses at work fries it all off and then bakes it for an hour in bisto - it comes out like liver-flavoured jerky. :puke: I need a new job!

Otherwise known as "bathtime chez CT"

Is there anything interesting you can do with parsnips that isn't roasting or soup? (Aye aye, no funny answers mind. :razz:) Picked up about 20 of the buggers for £1 at the end of the market the other day and I'm already out of inspiration. :lol: