Cooking

Gemmill

From The Guardian feature on Britain's spiciest dishes.

"The Widower, Lincolnshire

While preparing the Widower, a chicken curry at the Bindi Indian restaurant in Grantham, chefs wear goggles and a protective face mask. The ingredients, as displayed on the restaurant's website, include 20 of their own "Infinity" naga chillies, 10 fresh finger chillies, five scotch bonnet chillies, a tablespoon of chilli powder and a drop of chilli extract. Nobody had ever finished a portion until consultant radiologist (and daredevil) Ian Rothwell managed it in January last year. "It took Mr Rothwell just over an hour," said Muhammed Karim, the restaurant's boss, "but that included a 10-minute walk down Grantham High Street when he started hallucinating."

:lol:

Sounds like a chilli vodka they were handing out at a organic shop near me, allegedly made with the hottest chillis on earth. My mrs and I both fancy ourselves as spice heads so we gladly accepted a shot, despite the shopkeeper's warning to tread carefully.

The wife promptly ran off, leaving me in the shop to pay the bill, so she could run home to lie down as she thought she was going to pass out. Meanwhile I staggered up and down our high street, dripping in sweat while trying to find her (her phone was switched off), bumping into people and feeling a bit like hunter s Thompson after he takes the ether in fear and loathing.

From The Guardian feature on Britain's spiciest dishes.

"The Widower, Lincolnshire

While preparing the Widower, a chicken curry at the Bindi Indian restaurant in Grantham, chefs wear goggles and a protective face mask. The ingredients, as displayed on the restaurant's website, include 20 of their own "Infinity" naga chillies, 10 fresh finger chillies, five scotch bonnet chillies, a tablespoon of chilli powder and a drop of chilli extract. Nobody had ever finished a portion until consultant radiologist (and daredevil) Ian Rothwell managed it in January last year. "It took Mr Rothwell just over an hour," said Muhammed Karim, the restaurant's boss, "but that included a 10-minute walk down Grantham High Street when he started hallucinating."

:lol:

I'd give it a shot but I'd want a starter or pudding on the house.

(Would also want unrestricted allocated access to the bog and a packet of huggies baby wipes).

:D

Got a leek and carrot cobbler on the go to accompany some bangers (Lincolnshire's finest, innit). Mushroom stock for the sauce and mustard powder in the "scones" ftw.

Top notch bro. This mushroom stock you add cream oder nein?

I made grilled jack daniels honey mustard pork again. Paired it w/ swede mash, samphire and peas. Not just for fish! pic.twitter.com/FQZQfqIRA9

BjChaMVCUAQJH_x.jpg

I love making this. You grill two pork steaks (because sod having just one, they're not very big) for about 5 minutes on each side.

Take the steaks out, mix up 1 part honey, 1 part mustard, 1 part drambuie/jack daniels honey and then brush on thickly. Grill it again until it caramelises.

Suede is also lovely mashed. Can't stand the smell of the thing when it's raw though.

I might try that Cal's own one of these days. Anyway........Has anybody on here have ceramic pans? Are they worth the bother and what would you recommend? I fancy getting some but don't want waste my money if they're shite and don't want waste money if certain makes models are worse than others. Help me out here! :D