For the duck skin pangritata:

1 thick slice of quality stale bread

1 clove of garlic, peeled

a few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked

For the homemade pici pasta:

350 g tipo 00 flour, plus extra for dusting

150 g semolina flour, plus extra for dusting

1 large free-range egg

So I'm quite hoping to make this tomorrow.

Questions.

1. To make the pangritata JO used stale bread. We never have stale bread lying around *insert usual jokes* so what else can you do? Can you buy stale bread, will toast work etc

2. He made pici pasta, rolling it out by hand into individual worms. Has anyone done this before as is it a ball ache to prepare for four people. Also can it be bought (locally within the NE)

Today's hot seller at the restaurant:

Sardines on toast with roasted new potatoes, cauliflower 'couscous' and a tomato vinaigrette.

Awesome stuff! All I did was pre toast the bread, douse it with a little sauce then hoy everything together in the 200 degree oven for 7 mins. :D

Loads and loads of bacon cut fine and fried with red onions/spring onions and crushed garlic. Tip in half a bottle of red and a tin of toms, dash of puree...Simmer for 10 min or so and luz in loads of par boiled pots. Cover and simmer for a futher 10 mins..Add fav herbs near the end. Fackin lovely.

MtG Rayvin?

Yep - I can't use pictures of real people as avatars, it doesn't feel right to me. I'm also just a nerd :lol:

I don't actually play it these days, it's more of a tribute to my younger days.

A vomiting bug, eh?

No, I've never experienced one of those before. :no:

Have you got kids that attend nursery? Can be pretty unavoidable if you do. Not sure what your point is like, do your vegan super foods protect you from viruses?

Anyway, felt dog sick last night but much better today thankfully. Will try some food later.

Yep - I can't use pictures of real people as avatars, it doesn't feel right to me. I'm also just a nerd :lol:

I don't actually play it these days, it's more of a tribute to my younger days.

I've played a bit but made a business with one of the artists.

I've played a bit but made a business with one of the artists.

Seriously? What kind of business? I appreciate this is now woefully off topic :lol:

<obligatory on topic comment> I had cheese on toast this morning, although I'm planning to start trying to make homemade curries this week; I have some Indian friends who are lending me some 'secret' spices. Could be bath salts for all I know but I'm willing to try... </>