Cooking

Gemmill

Discovered a tremendous breakfast courtesy of The Naked Deli on Chilli Road: bancakes.

Recipe is 2 eggs and a banana. Mash the banana, mix with the eggs, bit of butter or coconut oil in the pan and tip the lot in. Makes one nice thick bancake that keeps hunger well locked up til lunch.

Doesn't need anything adding to it cos of the sweetness of the banana, but you can add yogurt or maple syrup if you like.

Must thank you for sharing this! I had a bancake for breakfast this morning and thought it was bloody delicious. I don't normally even like sweet pancakes but I love bananas so this was just about right for me. I went a bit CT mind and topped it with a Weight Watchers yoghurt which wanted using and a small box of raisins meant for kids. :lol: Managed a nearly 19 mile walk afterwards armed only with a cereal bar and a bottle of water so it must've done the trick.

I'm not a fan of over-ripe bananas too so that'll be a champion way to use them up.

My youngest lad (12) just informed me were having Rainbow Couscous with a Tarragon & Lemon Dressing for tea tonight he made it at school last week and he's going to re-create it for us tonight. This will be a first for me as I'm a couscous virgin.

Must thank you for sharing this! I had a bancake for breakfast this morning and thought it was bloody delicious. I don't normally even like sweet pancakes but I love bananas so this was just about right for me. I went a bit CT mind and topped it with a Weight Watchers yoghurt which wanted using and a small box of raisins meant for kids. :lol: Managed a nearly 19 mile walk afterwards armed only with a cereal bar and a bottle of water so it must've done the trick.

I'm not a fan of over-ripe bananas too so that'll be a champion way to use them up.

19 mile walk btw! You crazy bastard! Edited by Gemmill

19 mile walk btw! You crazy bastard!

I've had a week off work and spent most of it eating and drinking so I was consumed with guilt and felt the need to stretch my legs.. it just went a bit further than expected. :lol:

Good practice anyway as I'm hiking Skiddaw in a couple of weeks.

I walked from Killingworth to Prudhoe, via South Gosforth, the Town Moor, the West Road, Newburn and Wylam. So a pretty mixed route. :lol: Needless to say, the last section was a bit more aesthetically pleasing than the beginning/middle.