Cooking

Gemmill

Lemon drizzle is almost foolproof. It works well when "sized up" for catering, can be done in a deep baking tray.

Drizzly

Hadn't thought of that.

That'd be smashing! I'll write it down as 'Monkeys Fist Cake" :lol:

A nice variation is to add coconut and Lime zest to the cake and substitute lime for lemon in the drizzle

Fo shizzle.

To make a change, where you would use a tin or carton of chopped tomatoes in a recipe I've been using the ones with added ingredients. Tried the Sainsburys one with Chilli, Basil and Oregano, pretty good :lol:

To make a change, where you would use a tin or carton of chopped tomatoes in a recipe I've been using the ones with added ingredients. Tried the Sainsburys one with Chilli, Basil and Oregano, pretty good :lol:

Very adventurous. :razz:

To make a change, where you would use a tin or carton of chopped tomatoes in a recipe I've been using the ones with added ingredients. Tried the Sainsburys one with Chilli, Basil and Oregano, pretty good :razz:

Very adventurous. :icon_lol:

:lol:

No!!! I do make all kinds of things but Ive only just started using those cartons...I always used to add my own ingredients. Well I still do but its all extra flavouring!

Just bought the stuff to make Jamies Chicken Tikka Masala. Cooking it tomorrow night.

Requesting a report back on this, please.

Most curry recipes don't come anywhere near recreating the real thing, but old fat tongue tends to hit the spot more often than not. Wouldn't necessarily expect it to be faithful to curry house stuff, but he often adds his own twist that really works.

Just bought the stuff to make Jamies Chicken Tikka Masala. Cooking it tomorrow night.

Most curry recipes don't come anywhere near recreating the real thing, but old fat tongue tends to hit the spot more often than not. Wouldn't necessarily expect it to be faithful to curry house stuff, but he often adds his own twist that really works.

Look at you quoting posts! :lol:

It worked then?

Feeling sick as a dog still, but planning to make Kebabs tonight. (never made them before).

Im assuming you just chuck a few peppers, mushrooms and bits of meat on a skewer and bang it in the oven, however if there is any Kebab artistes out there who can spice up a dreary attempt, all advice graciously accepted.

Thinking of a little side salad and some dip of some sort???? Yoghurt based perhaps??

It worked then?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...0&start=600

Aye, thanks for quoting me happy! :razz:

Marinate your meat CT, for as long as poss.

And grill ( or better still, chargrill if you have a pan) them.

Other than that they are a piece of piss

Cheers MF, (looked out for you on the Sutherland building on my trip to Town yesterday but you wasnt there :lol: )

Any suggestions for a marinate, any other stuff to stick on with the meat and whats a char grill pan????

It worked then?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...0&start=600

Aye, thanks for quoting me happy! :razz:

Ah fab, I missed your last post cos I went to the crap canteen for some dinner. Glad you're sorted honey :icon_lol:

ChargrillPan

Depends what meat as to your marinade, cut into pieces then marinade for as long as possible.

For chicken, oil, crushed garlic, chilli and /or herbs, White wine vinegar.

You can substitute the oil and vinegar with natural yoghurt if you like.

Get creative.

(working on Newcastle Uni Medical School this week, and next :lol: )

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Marmite porridge is my new favourite breakfast. I may have already made some of you feel unwell sharing that previously, but it is so good it is worth repeating.

Lordy, that sounds quite dreadful :lol:

Marmite porridge is my new favourite breakfast. I may have already made some of you feel unwell sharing that previously, but it is so good it is worth repeating.

Bet it's not the only repeating you've been doing either, you dirty tramp.

ChargrillPan

Depends what meat as to your marinade, cut into pieces then marinade for as long as possible.

For chicken, oil, crushed garlic, chilli and /or herbs, White wine vinegar.

You can substitute the oil and vinegar with natural yoghurt if you like.

Get creative.

(working on Newcastle Uni Medical School this week, and next :lol: )

Good man.