Cooking

Gemmill

I try to stick to no more than 2 slices a day. But whether the thick slices I cut off a loaf is considered 2 slices, I dont know! :icon_lol::friends:

You can always feed what you don't want to the grockles.

:( I wouldnt waste good bread on them! I'd rather feed it to the pesky seagulls :rolleyes:

Eat like a pack of gays. OoooooOOo just one and a half thin slices with my hand poached eggs with fresh ground seasalt. Jeeesus. :rolleyes:

Got a point like. These threads are gayer than Meenz in eurodrag.

If Mrs P ever sees one of these threads the games up and that's a fact. :(

Today I've made chilli con carne and beef hash with butter beans and bacon and jacket potatoes. Chilli is bagged for the freezer, the hash, beans and potato have been eaten with more left over for later in the week.

All Jamie Oliver obv. :razz:

Today I've made chilli con carne and beef hash with butter beans and bacon and jacket potatoes. Chilli is bagged for the freezer, the hash, beans and potato have been eaten with more left over for later in the week.

All Jamie Oliver obv. :razz:

It's all about the Joliver :(

All Jamie Oliver obv. :(

It's all about the Joliver :lol:

I love Jamie's 30 minute meals, great tips for speeding the cooking up and cutting corners. I call him Jamie 'sprinkle from a height' Oliver :razz: I know he doesn't always 'cook' from scratch and uses ready made things, but hey life's like that! We haven't all got time to stand and cook for hours. The meals are generally pretty healthy.

The only gripe I have towards Jamie is he's way too heavy handed on the olive oil...even when a salad or main meal is finished he still drizzles loads more oil over it, its just a habit with him I reckon.

All Jamie Oliver obv. :(

It's all about the Joliver :lol:

I love Jamie's 30 minute meals, great tips for speeding the cooking up and cutting corners. I call him Jamie 'sprinkle from a height' Oliver :razz: I know he doesn't always 'cook' from scratch and uses ready made things, but hey life's like that! We haven't all got time to stand and cook for hours. The meals are generally pretty healthy.

The only gripe I have towards Jamie is he's way too heavy handed on the olive oil...even when a salad or main meal is finished he still drizzles loads more oil over it, its just a habit with him I reckon.

that's for flavour! A drizzle of uncooked posh extra virgin on any main dish will sex it up big time. And as far as fats go, it's one of the healthiest and tastiest

All Jamie Oliver obv. :lol:

It's all about the Joliver <_<

I love Jamie's 30 minute meals, great tips for speeding the cooking up and cutting corners. I call him Jamie 'sprinkle from a height' Oliver :lol: I know he doesn't always 'cook' from scratch and uses ready made things, but hey life's like that! We haven't all got time to stand and cook for hours. The meals are generally pretty healthy.

that's for flavour! A drizzle of uncooked posh extra virgin on any main dish will sex it up big time. And as far as fats go, it's one of the healthiest and tastiest

Yes but he adds it to food that already has it in! It doesnt need all that oil over the top, he puts loads of it on, yuk. Its still a fat so why eat more of it than you need?!

He does use an awful lot of it - he loves his lemons and basil as well.

Yep, lemons and olive oil with everything, still you gotta love him! :lol:

Yeah, he's a great teacher. Full of tips, which is ace being the hopeless inexperienced, and generally not very good chef that I am. :lol:

Some of the stuff he comes out with is good for a laugh as well, he just needs to start saying pucker again.

He does use an awful lot of it - he loves his lemons and basil as well.

Yep, lemons and olive oil with everything, still you gotta love him! <_<

Yeah, he's a great teacher. Full of tips, which is ace being the hopeless inexperienced, and generally not very good chef that I am. :lol:

Some of the stuff he comes out with is good for a laugh as well, he just needs to start saying pucker again.

Each episode has a word that Jamie seems to get stuck on...the other day it was 'clang' :lol: 'Clang' it in the oven :angry:

Edited by Toonraider

This afternoon I will mostly be making soup.

One batch of carrot and coriander (with absolutely loads of coriander because I love the stuff) and one batch of Potage à la Clearing Out The Vegetable Drawer.

This afternoon I will mostly be making soup.

One batch of carrot and coriander (with absolutely loads of coriander because I love the stuff) and one batch of Potage à la Clearing Out The Vegetable Drawer.

Made carrot and coriander soup last night (with loads of coriander in). Lursh, even if I do say so myself.

All Jamie Oliver obv. :lol:

My housemate's got the 30 minute book so I made the hash and butter bean stuff last week. What I really liked was the avacodo dressing for the salad - chopped avacodo and sour cream with a little (guess what) extra virgin stirred in - lush.

Buying all the shit seems to be a bit pricey like.

Fillet steaks.

Our lass bought a fillet loin the other day to bring home, cut into steaks and freeze.

Seen a few of these now and you never seem to be able to cut a steak thats anywhere near the size of a fillet steak you get in a restaurant.

Any ideas why?

(and I worked in a butchers for three years)