Cooking

Gemmill

No problem mate I didn't expect straight away, I have apprehensions anyway, some idiot bint set the fire alarm off at 2 am last night burning toast apparently :huh:

We used to do that in the nurses home all the time because we'd automatically get 3 lots of firemen...

:D That's such a stereotypical female answer. Sorta like going "Ooh I like that Cabaye he's got some legs on him"

:D That's such a stereotypical female answer. Sorta like going "Ooh I like that Cabaye he's got some legs on him"

I never did it personally but never really complained when someone else did ;)

As for football - I do actually understand the game AND the offside rule!

David Ginola, however.... :wub:

I never did it personally but never really complained when someone else did ;)

As for football - I do actually understand the game AND the offside rule!

David Ginola, however.... :wub:

Being a moderator in with the wankers on here I can imagine you know your stuff :lol:

Cheers Tom! I might make a purchase, just had my new oyster card come through (lost old one on the tube on the way home from watching the Wolves game) so i'm happier ordering stuff to my halls now, will look so queer with a cooking book though.

It's probably the most simple way to learn to cook curry, although I wouldn't look past searching online for a free resource having a book is certainly a lot handier round the kitchen.

There's a load of good ones out there however the one I posted above has to be one of the simplest, how do you think I learned? ;)

As stated previously once you've got the basics down you can go on and do more adventurous things but don't be afraid of googling what may seem obvious like the best way to cut garlic etc etc because if you've never done it before you'll need help getting it right first time.

Oh and get some good knives! :up:

Fist, dahl pending, I just need to tidy it up a little.

Have you got any Asafoetida?

Did have but the penicillin seems to be clearing it. :rimshot:

No, but I'm due an ingredients trip to town so I'll pick some up along with a clothes peg. ;)

I am sick of cooking every day so tonights offering will be Beefburgers (not even home-made) Chips, tomatoes and a fried egg. Followed by triple choc ice cream with a flake stuck in it :dance: I will be having Beans on Toast.

Writing this whilst eating my own curry, simple, humble origins, but ya know, gotta stat somewhere :D

Good on you mate!

Did you follow a recipe or make it up as you went?

Bit of both, followed a simple reciple i'd read online, but added red peppers and more onions etc, plus it was me remembering it 6 hours later, and us young 'uns have shit memories so I probably did something wrong like. Went down a treat surprisingly, used the packaged sauce but actually cut up and cooked chicken fillets etc which for me is unreal :)

The Kangaroo is tasty too.

I used to have the steaks in Fox Talbot restaurant, never had Springbok like.

Never realised until I'd paid that they had Kangaroo fillet. There's some canny stalls there like.

I've not been there this year tbh. How much are they asking for the 'Roo steaks?

I never asked. Think I might go back on Saturday morning though, as I'd just finished work so couldn't really carry much. As there was loads of stuff I fancied from the chilli stall.