Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Just traded my old Xbox Premium (20gb model) for a new Xbox Arcade. As I'd bought a 120gb drive off eBay I only needed an Arcade so I could upgrade to HDMI. Game had a sale on last week and it only cost me £40. 1080p loveliness :(

Also, not so much of a 'What have you bought' but more of a 'What I am probably going to have to buy' - Mrs Paws just rang me all upset. Apparently Charlotte's just projectile vomited and some of it landed on my recently purchased (and upgraded) Dell Mini10v netbook. Now it won't turn on.... :(<_<

Just traded my old Xbox Premium (20gb model) for a new Xbox Arcade. As I'd bought a 120gb drive off eBay I only needed an Arcade so I could upgrade to HDMI. Game had a sale on last week and it only cost me £40. 1080p loveliness :(

Also, not so much of a 'What have you bought' but more of a 'What I am probably going to have to buy' - Mrs Paws just rang me all upset. Apparently Charlotte's just projectile vomited and some of it landed on my recently purchased (and upgraded) Dell Mini10v netbook. Now it won't turn on.... :(<_<

Ouch! Not good at all...

Ouch! Not good at all...

Removed the keyboard and the damage wasn't as bad as I feared. Managed to clean it up and I now have a working 10v again. :(

dr-martens-classics-1460z-purple-smooth.jpg

My wife has a pair as of today. They don't come in my size otherwise I'd have a pair too.

Seems like you need to grow a pair tbh. :icon_lol:

Meaning?

Anyway, they were a wedding present, as she bought me a gituar.

This arrived earlier, I swear the box was so light I thought it was empty!! :o My son just ordered it as he is starting racing soon on circuits such as Brands Hatch instead of short oval racing. His helmet obviously had to be upgraded, this one worked out about £470 I think (thats inc the HANS posts) The HANS device isnt a requirement yet in the series my son will be doing, but he is going to get one anyway. You cant put a price on your head and neck can you?!

He ordered the white as it will have orange and black graphics put on to match our race colours.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/B...565/12/206/3608

A handmade sporran from blokey in Braemar, North American Grey Fox fur, silver cantle, black leather back and mustard interior. Be ready in a few weeks.

Alienwares are god awful just so ya know, they're basically dell now.

I bought a desktop a year ago just purely out of interest and ripped it to bits within 3 months, all generic parts and such.

but thats some spending spree! had to tell us how the led panel works out.

Aye it maybe dell but its still impressive, God awful is alittle unfair

The Panel is stunning, blows my LCD out the water and when pushign 1080p its jaw droppingly pretty

80euro for a 1gig. Bought it as a present for someone online. If you were into doing a few lengths quite often though, it might be a decent investment.

(speedo website, btw-I didn't check prices elsewhere)

51MOzyQAfYL._SS400_.jpg

"Three of the songs are astonishing. Four or five others are very good. The vocals are brilliantly recorded, and the guitar playing is (generally) more interesting than the guitar playing on the "Use Your Illusion" albums"

"It's an exhilarating album. Seriously, after finally hearing these 14 tracks in their finished form I was so energized I wanted to climb a mountain."

"a cyborgian blend of pop expressiveness, traditional rock bravado and Brian Wilson-style beautiful weirdness"

£2.89 :D

Worth getting then?

Meh!

I've had it since it came out. Only liked one track though and not given it much more attention after the first week of release.

Worth that price though.

Worth getting then?

Meh!

I've had it since it came out. Only liked one track though and not given it much more attention after the first week of release.

Worth that price though.

never thought about getting it till now. was put off by all the erm....... indifferent reviews it had recieved. I'll deffo have a look now.