Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

What do you think of the kinect? I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Aye it's really good especially if u've got kids only downside is I'm fucking shattered all the time but that's the point good exercise.

Good stuff. Hoping if I get it there'll be good games the missus and kids will eventually play too and it's not just going to get played once a year.

Cheers.

A new telly that Amazon's courier of choice has decided not to bother delivering today after all.

If its the HDNL then you're in trouble. Turbo Gash.

City Link, I think. Either way, resigned to it not turning up today (funnily enough :icon_lol:), so ho hum.

I'm getting something from Amazon via City Link on Tuesday and after all the bother I had with them last month, I checked whether they were back to normal on their web site - apart from 4 or 5 depots they claim to be okay.

I'm still waiting for my kindle from amazon. It should have arrived before the 22nd. They didn't dispatch it until the 27/28th. Fucking joke really

Great purchase there Jonny.

If you don't mind, how much and where from?

Used to have Life on mars series one and two on my old PS3 but it died.

They're a £10 each on Zavvi.

I converted an old touchscreen bookies cabinet. I don't see the point in building one from MDF when you can buy a nice solid cab off ebay and gut it. Will last you a lot longer. Just use liquid metal to cover the control panel holes and redrill some decent ones in. This is what I did for an old cab of mine

CP-1.jpg

Something like this would be good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arcade-Cabinet-Ideal...f#ht_500wt_1156

I fancied making one for the fun of making it myself. The finished product will just be a bonus. So far it's only cost about £60 for parts and all I need now is an old tv and some (lots of) mdf.

I'll be very surprised if that cab doesn't go above a few hundred quid!

The only bit I'm not looking forward to is discharging the tv then touching it...just in case I fail!

Thanks to the talk of Asian films in the favourite films thread....

bodyguards_and_assassins_poster.jpg

Winner of Best Film at the 2010 Hong Kong Film Awards

Winner of Film of Merit at the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards

Nominated for Best Film at the 2010 Golden Horse Awards

Nominated for Best Film at the 2010 Asian Film Awards

£2.93 at Asda :calmdown: