Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

HF, as a podcasting mayyyynnnn, you might want to give Doggcatcher or Beyondpod a go. Both are paid apps, but I think both have trial periods. Basically you subscribe to podcasts, get it to refresh daily, and everytime a new episode comes out it'll auto-download it without you having to do anything. You'll never be without your favourite podcasts.

And if you're gonna listen to music, there's a shit ton of sub-standard media players on the market. Go straight to Winamp, which is by far the best of the lot.

HF, as a podcasting mayyyynnnn, you might want to give Doggcatcher or Beyondpod a go. Both are paid apps, but I think both have trial periods. Basically you subscribe to podcasts, get it to refresh daily, and everytime a new episode comes out it'll auto-download it without you having to do anything. You'll never be without your favourite podcasts.

And if you're gonna listen to music, there's a shit ton of sub-standard media players on the market. Go straight to Winamp, which is by far the best of the lot.

Cheers big ears.

1.5gb is a bit paltry for all my podcasts...I'll need to invest in a 32gb micro SD to go with it.

It's worth seeing (i.e. the Basilica of the Holy Blood in Bruges). Where you off to exactly? I went to Brussels and Bruges. Fancied Ghent as well but couldn't fit it in (it's on the same train line between Bruges and Brussels though). Loved it. Nice architecture, not to mention the holy trinity of chips, chocolate and beer.

Edited by alex

Were staying Ghent, but going to travel around Brugge, Brussles & Antwerp. Also doing a sportive around Oudenaarde.

Been looking at the architecture. As someone in the industry I am really looking forward to that.

Were staying Ghent, but going to travel around Brugge, Brussles & Antwerp. Also doing a sportive around Oudenaarde.

Been looking at the architecture. As someone in the industry I am really looking forward to that.

Ah well, it's not far from either Brussels or Bruges. Meant to be nice but a bit less touristy too. The beer is bloody fantastic btw (as are the chocs and chips).

Looking around for flights to Hamburg/Berlin in April (as my February trip over got cancelled) and the flights back in particular are proving an absolute cunt (sorry Cath), hardly anything coming in at less than £100 unless I go Ryanair and even then it's £70-ish for the return leg.

Not bought one yet, but looking at netbooks.

Purely for browsing/streaming films on occassion. My old laptop is screwed, and was thinking of getting an Acer-anyone have any experience with them or any suggestions?

Have been looking on www.laptopsdirect.co.uk as they have some refurbs.

I own, and am very happy with, an Acer 5XXX series laptop that I got late last year. Well built, quiet, not too heavy, decent components, and good value for money at around £600.

What's more, I got it from Acer Direct who I believe are Laptops Direct's Acer-only outlet. Again can't fault the service.