Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I'm sick of responding to the same shite craic in every thread :lol: I reply to one and he's called me and fat nurse in another two threads.

This from the bloke who posted pictures of himself oiled up and naked in a pair of skidmarked undies. Add in his daily mentions of shagging women, shooting animals, benching 150kg and driving fast cars and you start to get the feeling Norways uber sexy alpha male might be over compensating for something. . .

I'm sick of responding to the same shite craic in every thread :lol: I reply to one and he's called me and fat nurse in another two threads.

This from the bloke who posted pictures of himself oiled up and naked in a pair of skidmarked undies. Add in his daily mentions of shagging women, shooting animals, benching 150kg and driving fast cars and you start to get the feeling Norways uber sexy alpha male might be over compensating for something. . .

AND he's familiar with Powerhouse ;)

other than recreational use with all the extra gear having a bike just seems to be a pain in the balls, if that was your only mode of transport i mean.

It's not so much the gear as you buy that once and it can last you ten years. I wouldn't fancy having to commute on a bike in the rain or snow though. Also, unless you have big fuck off panniers on the sides its a bit of a mare trying to carry anything around with you.

On the plus side motorbikes are free parking in town on a weekend and you can filter through the gridlock down Milburn Way after the match. Also much more fun to do a tour of Ireland/Scotland/France/Italy on a bike with your mates than all jump in a car for 3 days.

Agreed, I just cant be arsed getting dressed for a gay polar expedition every time I want to fart over to the nearest mate or grocery store.

Rather hoy myself into the car with a t-shirt and sandals..

The law states you need a helmet, that's all. The rest is optional. You could ride around in sandals shagging birds and shooting squirrels to your hearts content

Also, unless you have big fuck off panniers on the sides its a bit of a mare trying to carry anything around with you.

On the plus side motorbikes are free parking in town on a weekend and you can filter through the gridlock down Milburn Way after the match.

You need one of these.

1259771284_messenger-bag_1025939.jpg

In Kevlar.

Where's Milburn Way?

You buy a homs jacket like that, without shoulder and elbow pads or reinforced stitching and you might as well be riding in a T Shirt for the amount of time it would take to disintegrate on impact

And thats why I cant be bothered with bikes really. No way of looking cool !

I'd be getting one of these

im_mk2.jpg

Holds up to impacts/pigeon shit, no weak points, and would look good at a dinner party.

Edit: would look mint on one of these

Moto%20Guzzi%20California%20Jackal%2099%20%201.jpg

I just went for a plain textile jacket.

2011051309265535.jpg

With the jacket and jeans you can walk around town fairly comfortably without having to look like the tossers on westgate road

10852121.jpg

Oh, and this is why you wear proper gear LBT

101377d1321819901-what-should-expected-about-quality-known-brands-motorcycle-leathers-berik-titanium-failure-2.jpg

Also much more fun to do a tour of Ireland/Scotland/France/Italy on a bike with your mates than all jump in a car for 3 days.

Thats what I want to do when I am older, get a BMW tourer and tour the Alps, Ireland, Scotland etc.

:)