Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Gone for the Nexus 7 tablet. £199 at Tesco direct, whack on a couple of cheap batteries to take it over £200 then use the TDX-KNHP code to take £20 off.

I went through Top Cashack so I'll get a little bit of extra cashback too. Getting it delivered to my local store that's barely two minutes walk away on Thursday intead of waiting for delivery next week.

What's that code? I fancy a nexus for that price.

TDX-KNHP

If I remember it right you don't have to enter the code until three or four steps into the checkout. I think there was a box on the right hand side for it, but again I might be remembering wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets to next year's Download Festival. :sing:

Maiden would be awesome, but I'm not a fan of Rammstein or Slipknot..... as the only Slipknot song I like comes on my random playlist! Wanted to go last year, but couldn't get it sorted with work and exams and things. Enjoy!

Maiden would be awesome, but I'm not a fan of Rammstein or Slipknot..... as the only Slipknot song I like comes on my random playlist! Wanted to go last year, but couldn't get it sorted with work and exams and things. Enjoy!

:o

I'm the opposite. Hate Maiden like Rammstein and Slipknot, but they'd be x10 better live.

Edited by StevenL

:o

I'm the opposite. Hate Maiden like Rammstein and Slipknot, but they'd be x10 better live.

Funnily enough one of my favourite Maiden songs just came on, Fear Of The Dark. Guess I don't really know either of Rammstein or Slipknot well enough to judge them properly. Did see Slipknot at Leeds years ago, did not really enjoy it. It got a bit more violent than I was ready for and I just didn't get the music at all.

Not bothered about seeing any of the three again to be honest, although Maiden are touring their earlier stuff at the minute, which is ace.

Download festival goers wet dream so far, though.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

I absolutely love Rammstein! :D My mate saw them play in Switzerland and absolutely raved about how good the set was.

Slipknot are shite but they might be decent to see live. Never cared for Maiden but again, it'll be good to say i've seen them.

Doing the whole 5 day camping stint with two other lads, should be interesting!

Coincidently I brought a ticket for Damnation festival in Leeds today.

Not sure I'll bother with Download this year, the undercard normally leave a lot to be desired, and the layout now is by far the worst of any festival I've been to. I'll probably end up going to Hellfest in France again this year, as it's always the bestest thing ever.

Last camped in 2009 to see Faith No More, went on the Sunday last year - the layout of the arena isn't terrible, but trek to and from it is a pain, particularly when the weathers been bad, although they've improved it since they first moved it in 2008

The fact the the lineup is normally so uninspired bar a couple of bands is the main reason I probably won't bother again, particularly when there are a whole bunch of other festivals across Europe that always have line ups I much prefer, that said it was always great fun when I went.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

Never been to Download before so I'm looking forward to it.

I want to do Paleo Festival in Switzerland again - line up has steadily declined in quality over the years but it's a week-long festival in Switzerland so you tend to let it slide. :D

Has anyone ever been to a gig alone before? Literally noone I know likes the band but I don't wanna turn up like a cunt on my own because frankly, it's a bit weird.

I've been to gigs on my own a few times when I thought I'd rather see the band than miss out because my friends weren't keen. Always had a really good time. It's just the waiting around in between support acts etc that's shit on your own but some well timed toilet/bar breaks can get round that. Finding out the set times is a good idea too so you know when to turn up for minimal waiting around.

I can see the point of it being a bit weird but personally I'd hate to miss seeing a band I like just because no one else fancied it.

Has anyone ever been to a gig alone before? Literally noone I know likes the band but I don't wanna turn up like a cunt on my own because frankly, it's a bit weird.

I'm thinking about going to see Radiohead on my own next week because it's like £80 and no one will pay that/people have seen them before but I've never been on my own

I've been to gigs on my own a few times when I thought I'd rather see the band than miss out because my friends weren't keen. Always had a really good time. It's just the waiting around in between support acts etc that's shit on your own but some well timed toilet/bar breaks can get round that. Finding out the set times is a good idea too so you know when to turn up for minimal waiting around.

I can see the point of it being a bit weird but personally I'd hate to miss seeing a band I like just because no one else fancied it.

Aye been to a few on my own, its easy enough to meet folk there too, either in the queue or between bands. Met some good friends who I still go to gigs with now that way.