Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Sunglasses Wars Bitches!

Cheap sunglasses > expensive sunglasses tbh.

Disagree.

I used to by cheap and they lasted 5 mins, which is fine when they are cheap, but in the long run all adds up. Bought a pair of Oakleys and they lasted me 7 years. I have just bought another pair and they are great, you dont get the quality on cheapo ones.

Sunglasses Wars Bitches!

Cheap sunglasses > expensive sunglasses tbh.

Agreed, I don't get nearly enough wear out of my aviators to bother about the tiny white logo in the corner.

Recently bought this as I moved into my new flat and was looking for a Ipod docking system which could also function as a sound system for parties etc.

Paid around 200 quid for it, Impressive bass and doesnt distort at 100% volume. My flat is 50 square meters and 4`20 meters to the roof and it fills the room to the point of having to yell to eachother if you crank it up. It looks a bit cheesy but the sound cant be faulted. Also very userfriendly, anyone can just hoy their Ipod on it and play their songs straight away. Comes with a remote and you can even get a wireless module so you dont even have to dock it. 5/5

Beats-by-Dr.-Dre-Beatbox-iPod-Audio-System.jpg

Disagree.

I used to by cheap and they lasted 5 mins, which is fine when they are cheap, but in the long run all adds up. Bought a pair of Oakleys and they lasted me 7 years. I have just bought another pair and they are great, you dont get the quality on cheapo ones.

You're obviously considerably more fastidious than I. ;)

And what I mean by that is I break/lose these small items with such frequency that I have learned to consider them throwaway items.

I buy sunglasses in packs of 5 off eBay. B)

Maybe you would take better care of them if they cost more than a Nandos meny ;)

I learned the hard way I am incapable of providing the appropriate levels of care to delicate, expensive inanimate objects.

It's just a coincidence that I think it's a waste of money too. :razz:

I learned the hard way I am incapable of providing the appropriate levels of care to delicate, expensive inanimate objects.

It's just a coincidence that I think it's a waste of money too. :razz:

To be honest I used to buy cheap pairs from H&M or wherever and thought they were fine. Had this pair for about a week and I can already tell the difference. Far superior build quality, the polarized lenses make a noticeable difference and I think because they cost what they did I am more careful with them.

To be honest I used to buy cheap pairs from H&M or wherever and thought they were fine. Had this pair for about a week and I can already tell the difference. Far superior build quality, the polarized lenses make a noticeable difference and I think because they cost what they did I am more careful with them.

same, not had a pair with polarized lenses before either

same, not had a pair with polarized lenses before either

First time I wore them in bright sunlight reminded me of seeing the world through the lens of an ecstasy tablet or two :icon_lol: