Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

One of these (highly recommended, cracking little piece of kit):

000000000000049997_ca.jpg

I got it before the summer, was a cracking purchase for the various holidays we were on. Now its on my desk for radio 4 (which i cant get over here) from my phone.

Panasonic_TXP65VT50_left_0.jpg

Panasonic Viera TX-P55VT50B Plasma HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 55”

Arrives tomorrow :D

Is this a purchase following one of the children breaking the other one by throwing something at it? :lol:

Yes! :lol:

Thing #2 broke the last with the dogs bone. So this is insurance payout + a few £ more and a stern warning to the kids ;)

That looks smart, what model No. is it?

Soundlink II

Battery lasts maybe 7/8 hours until it shows red (they say 8), really good volume and depth of sound, am well impressed. Connection range probably about 30-40ft ft (through walls) over that it'll break up. (it will charge up and play at the same time).

Got it in the States same price in dollars as in pounds here = bargain. Adapter/transformer for the yankee plug £4.95 off Amazon, jobs a good un.

Wish I could get a TV over there and bring it in, comparatively they are washers compared to here for a monster one.

Edited by Toonpack

Was in HMV earlier so purchased the following.

Total Recall triple play steelbook.

TotalOpen.jpg

Avengers steelbook.

theavengersfutureshopsteelbook2.jpg

The Thick of It boxset.

51PgiYRF0XL.jpg

Avengers steelbook.

theavengersfutureshopsteelbook2.jpg

Was debating this, but also quite fancy the 6 disc Avengers assemble boxed set.

To be honest Tooj is inspiring me to start collecting Steelbooks myself. The movies I have on my hard-drive are fine, but it's kind of nice to have a visible collection you can cast a glance over. Similar to people with vinyl collections imo

Buying media is so 1990.

Interesting question though. Lots of people who love a particular art form dont want to own an inferior digital copy, music lovers increasingly buy Vinyl in some 'segments', film lovers may continue to purchase the real media of films that they love. I stopped buying CDs and Vinyl then after a few years of buying or acquiring digital music suddenly realised that i actually wanted to own the media.

Having said that, if you've got loads of films on your hard drive, media solutions like Plex are great for browsing and using that collection.