Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Yeh I've a Panasonic Viera - can't remember the exact model but it's 3D & 47'' if that's a clue.

I got the matching sound bar for £200 & it's pretty awesome. Virtual surround sound & HD audio but most importantly loud - better than the atrocious speakers most flatscreens are left with anyway.

Mines not wireless mind...

Thanks for the info Tom cheers

Got this set up and working. It takes about 20 minutes and now works perfectly with The Openelec version of XBMC on it.

I hadn't realised that 1Channel had a subscription feature, so you can add all the shows you're watching to your library and it'll update automatically when a new episode gets aired (by which I mean add the link to a stream, along with episode art etc, rather than download the episode). Anyway aye, for 50 quid it's well worth doing. I haven't tried to set it up with files on my network cos there just isn't any point when everything is available to stream - even stuff for which torrents and usenet are knackered.

This purchase is literally gibberish to me.

It just means that you have access to all TV shows and films you can think of, but without the need to download them. So you're streaming direct to the TV.

And you can subscribe to the shows you watch, so they pop up as soon as they've been aired in the US.

It just means that you have access to all TV shows and films you can think of, but without the need to download them. So you're streaming direct to the TV.

And you can subscribe to the shows you watch, so they pop up as soon as they've been aired in the US.

Isn't that illegal?

The pi itself isn't just for telly. Its a credit card sized PC that is being hailed. Kids around the world can start programming for a few quid.

Was gonna get one myself...and I had no idea about the televisual delights it held.

Sounds like you watch far too much telly.

It's dead easy to do. I mean it's undoubtedly beyond CT, but the rest of you should be fine.

I've got a Pi I've never taken out of the package, is there a page of instructions to set this up you could link me to?