Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When you said this place was embarrassingly middle class, you meant because it was beneath you, right?

Well as he modestly stated before - its a luxury he can afford!

And I've no problem in admitting that I've never bought a full-price Radley bag anyway. They're a luxury I can't afford unless they're in the sale.

And I've no problem in admitting that I've never bought a full-price Radley bag anyway. They're a luxury I can't afford unless they're in the sale.

Erm no. I said I could afford decent meat. I certainly can't afford designer hand bags, all I said was Radley isn't the most expensive. Tbf, my wife has all but given up designer goods now, cos we really can't afford it.

I bought Mrs HF one full price from Fenwick's when we started courting. That was all show though. Now I own her she gets them cheap from boundary mills or she gets nowt. ;)

I bought Mrs HF one full price from Fenwick's when we started courting. That was all show though. Now I own her she gets them cheap from boundary mills or she gets nowt. ;)

Direct her towards the website when there's a sale on. Got a £250 bag for £70 ;)

Xbox One Day One edition. waiting to see if they are giving away a free game for the USA. If not I'll pick up Forza/Fifa and get call of duty for x-mas most likely. Had to get this in before the baby comes. :ninja:

Erm no. I said I could afford decent meat. I certainly can't afford designer hand bags, all I said was Radley isn't the most expensive. Tbf, my wife has all but given up designer goods now, cos we really can't afford it.

You don't need to be ashamed of being able to afford nice stuff you know

You don't need to be ashamed of being able to afford nice stuff you know

You don't think there's a moral issue in spending £100s (£1000s?) on a handbag when Aldi bags cost coppers and there's kids sober in Africa?

It's a tightrope like...buy a cheap Primark bag and you're exploiting foreign slave labour, an expensive tarty one and you're a morally bankrupt, materialistic husk with no compassion for human life.

You don't think there's a moral issue in spending £100s (£1000s?) on a handbag when Aldi bags cost coppers and there's kids sober in Africa?

It's a tightrope like...buy a cheap Primark bag and you're exploiting foreign slave labour, an expensive tarty one and you're a morally bankrupt, materialistic husk with no compassion for human life.

:lol:

Is that because of your galloping case of the shits? Or for something more seedy?

aaaaaand now I have the mental image of CT, naked but for his Panama hat, sitting in his shed with the vacuum hose planted on his wee ginger mushroom.

Thanks.

Thanks very much :lol:

aaaaaand now I have the mental image of CT, naked but for his Panama hat, sitting in his shed with the vacuum hose planted on his wee ginger mushroom.

Thanks.

clint_ew.gif

Thanks.

KBNcZ.gif

I bought a similar pair from asda for about £10 3/4 years ago and they've been great for the price, meant to be PC speakers but use them for ipod only now are they starting to show wear and tear.