Roeder Hopeful On Transfer Target

Scottish Mag

GLENN Roeder is hoping that he will be able to bring one player in particular to St.James' Park before the end of January.

The United boss refused to name his target but did say that the player, should he arrive on Tyneside, would be a big success for the Magpies over the next four or five seasons.

However, Roeder is adamant he will not be forced into panic signings following the crushing FA Cup defeat against Birmingham City.

Indeed, the Toon chief again reiterated his desire to bring quality to the club and avoid making the same mistakes as previous managers.

Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "I will not be making any panic buys.

"We are working hard to bring in new players but it is slow going because I want quality.

"I could easily go out and buy a couple of central defenders who are the wrong side of 30, but that's the road to nowhere

"I have got to be positive that I will be able to get the signature one of player in particular that I have targeted, and be positive that he would be a big success at Newcastle over the next four or five years.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GLENN Roeder is hoping that he will be able to bring one player in particular to St.James' Park before the end of January.

The United boss refused to name his target but did say that the player, should he arrive on Tyneside, would be a big success for the Magpies over the next four or five seasons.

However, Roeder is adamant he will not be forced into panic signings following the crushing FA Cup defeat against Birmingham City.

Indeed, the Toon chief again reiterated his desire to bring quality to the club and avoid making the same mistakes as previous managers.

Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "I will not be making any panic buys.

"We are working hard to bring in new players but it is slow going because I want quality.

"I could easily go out and buy a couple of central defenders who are the wrong side of 30, but that's the road to nowhere

"I have got to be positive that I will be able to get the signature one of player in particular that I have targeted, and be positive that he would be a big success at Newcastle over the next four or five years.

Any slower and he'll be in reverse!

Guest Patrokles

Or he's off to Holland at the weekend to have a look at that Kuyt lad.

Right country and position, wrong player.

Don't get all enigmatic just because you don't think anyone else has read skysports.com recently. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Patrokles

worrying that we targeting a player rather than players

"we are hopeful there could be a few others who come in and whether they are loans or buys we will have to wait and see," Roeder added.

worrying that we targeting a player rather than players

"we are hopeful there could be a few others who come in and whether they are loans or buys we will have to wait and see," Roeder added.

"We are working hard to bring in new players but it is slow going because I want quality."

Edited by nufc4ever

Or he's off to Holland at the weekend to have a look at that Kuyt lad.

Right country and position, wrong player.

Don't get all enigmatic just because you don't think anyone else has read skysports.com recently. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why, what's on it?

It ain't Babel if it's four or five years... Babel's only twenty.

It was three or four players last month.

Last week it was two players, albeit loanees.

Today it's one player.

Oh the joy.

It's a striker he's looking at though. Leazes will be happy.