Luques performance today.

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered what that outburst was for :blink:

21523[/snapback]

Well man, FFS, the lad hasnt even trained with the rest of the squad!!!!! And for me, Laurent Robert was a waste of space and yet to LM he was freakin Pele!!!

Luque will be far more effective than Robert in the long run, I am certain of that.

21539[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but that is just plain arrogance, no-one can know that. If he scores and supplies half the goals Robert did he will be doing well. Robert was a very capable player in offense, you would have to be very prejudiced to dispute that.

He's been getting great reports from Pompey too, even though their team is otherwise quite shit. And it's early days, but we certainly don't look as good without him so far, do we?

21545[/snapback]

Its not just arrogance its utter bollocks until the bloke has been here for a few years and come close to matching the number of goals and assists Robert achieved. But why let that get in the way of another whinge about Robert eh?

As for Laurent at Portsmouth, he's currently scored 1, set up 2 and from what highlights i've seen put another two on a plate but his team mates missed them (not his fault) i wish we had somebody doing that for us.

Basically, the lad arrives in the country and within 48 hours he is told to get past Rio Ferdinand and co. (who haven't conceded a goal this season) playing with teammates he doesn't know in a formation he probably hasn't played in. He was completely and utterly rushed into a team desperate to break its goalscoring duck against Man Utd with almost no preparation. He couldn't have asked for harder circumstances to make his debut, and yet people are judging him already!

I thought he had a decent debut, he showed some good touches, a bit of flair, his persistance won us set-pieces and he provided the team a lot more balance. He also gave Babayaro plenty of space to run into as he kept O'Shea on his toes and did well to win corners when there was noone to pass to. His 'Gazza' flick made a mockery of Rio Ferdinand, who just happens to be a world class defender. With Shearer almost motionless and Emre and Dyer on the sidelines he had it all to do in the second half.

Edited by ohmelads

I wondered what that outburst was for :D

21523[/snapback]

Well man, FFS, the lad hasnt even trained with the rest of the squad!!!!! And for me, Laurent Robert was a waste of space and yet to LM he was freakin Pele!!!

Luque will be far more effective than Robert in the long run, I am certain of that.

21539[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but that is just plain arrogance, no-one can know that. If he scores and supplies half the goals Robert did he will be doing well. Robert was a very capable player in offense, you would have to be very prejudiced to dispute that.

He's been getting great reports from Pompey too, even though their team is otherwise quite shit. And it's early days, but we certainly don't look as good without him so far, do we?

21545[/snapback]

Its not just arrogance its utter bollocks until the bloke has been here for a few years and come close to matching the number of goals and assists Robert achieved. But why let that get in the way of another whinge about Robert eh?

As for Laurent at Portsmouth, he's currently scored 1, set up 2 and from what highlights i've seen put another two on a plate but his team mates missed them (not his fault) i wish we had somebody doing that for us.

21549[/snapback]

Robert will score from free kicks, granted. If you could have brought him just to take those then take him off again he would have been worth a place. He put our left fullback under pressure countless times as he wouldnt track back the other teams wing/full back. We couldnt afford the luxury, plus he wouldnt stop yakking to the press, both under SBR and Souness he was told to shut up, he wouldnt do it and now he's gone.

Last of all, if he was so good, why never near the French team?

Robert will score from free kicks, granted. If you could have brought him just to take those then take him off again he would have been worth a place. He put our left fullback under pressure countless times as he wouldnt track back the other teams wing/full back. We couldnt afford the luxury, plus he wouldnt stop yakking to the press, both under SBR and Souness he was told to shut up, he wouldnt do it and now he's gone.

Could it be that France have plenty of world/international class players, i'm a Robert fan but don't think he's the greatest player in history. And anyway Emile Heskey has nearly as many England caps as Beardsley got, is that a sign that the two are as good as each other?

We managed to afford the "luxury" under Bobby when we for a whole at least had Robert and Solano who were both similar in terms of wrokrate and tackling. Of course in those days our team was sent out to play football and score goals, not like the "proper" team we have now.

The fact that people are saying Luque was shite yesterday just confirms my feelings that there are fans with too much of an agenda against Souness. Yes, Souness isn't te answer, but ffs if we're going to start picking on his latest signing to point score then we really have reached the lowest of the low.

Robert has been capped a few times for France. Not a regular mind, but still surprised not a bigger club took him, in particular one in France, where the league is a lot weaker.

He's 30, not nearly over for him.

21747[/snapback]

Maybe because bigger clubs didn't want him, thought he wasn't good enough etc?

Robert has been capped a few times for France. Not a regular mind, but still surprised not a bigger club took him, in particular one in France, where the league is a lot weaker.

He's 30, not nearly over for him.

21747[/snapback]

Maybe because bigger clubs didn't want him, thought he wasn't good enough etc?

21749[/snapback]

I'd be surprised at that though. He's shown he can play very well for Portsmouth and he put in some good performances last year.

We hasn't being a lazy and provocative idiot.

I'm gonna say this one last time, for the good of all you. One day you'll thank me, trust me.

ROBERT DOESN'T PLAY FOR US ANYMORE. HE ISN'T COMING BACK. THE END.

21762[/snapback]

alot of the people i know who are loving Larry now are the same one's who said he was a waste of space when Bobby was out, but because he's anti-souness now love him

I'm gonna say this one last time, for the good of all you. One day you'll thank me, trust me.

ROBERT DOESN'T PLAY FOR US ANYMORE. HE ISN'T COMING BACK. THE END.

21762[/snapback]

...and? What has that got to do with a topic comparing old players with their replacements (no matter how rediculously early)????

Stop shouting and getting yourself wound up . Chill out ffs. :D

Jesus Christ, the lad makes his debut against Man Utd having been in the country two days.  Sorry like, but now is not the time to be making judgements of him.  Unless that is you're so blinded by your hatred of the manager that this just gives you something else to witter on about.  Pathetic.

21053[/snapback]

good post. especially the last word.

21071[/snapback]

Omar the expert has seen Newcastle play how many times ??

21116[/snapback]

And what's that got to do with anything about Luque?

I might not go to as many games as you, but I saw the game yesterday. He didn't lack heart; you're saying this because you're a narrow minded fan that thinks every foreigner doesn’t give 100%. If this were Owen, you wouldn't be saying that, why? Because he's English! :D If you think Dyer, Jenas or Ameobi give 100% for the cause, then your observation skills are shit, and therefore there’s no point in trusting your opinion, even if you were there.

Before boasting about how many games you go to, try to observe the game probably.

21434[/snapback]

I see the game properly, because I am there.

I saw that Kluivert was a fat waster who wouldn't break sweat for Newcastle, and for some reason you still think differently. Quite often my "judgement" as you call it turns out correct, it did in Kluiverts case anyway, and it did with Ameobi's too.

Find me saying that Dyer, Jenas and Ameobi give everything for Newcastle, especially Ameobi being anything other than hopeless, who the majority of people a year ago said was Shearers natural replacement. Were you one of those ? Or are you just someone who wear rose tinted specs and thinks because someone signs for the toon they must be brilliant because they play for the toon? I realised the stupidiy of that way of thinking 35 years ago.

Jesus Christ, the lad makes his debut against Man Utd having been in the country two days.  Sorry like, but now is not the time to be making judgements of him.  Unless that is you're so blinded by your hatred of the manager that this just gives you something else to witter on about.  Pathetic.

21053[/snapback]

Agree. Coming from spanish footy to the prem, with no pre season or practically any training with his new team he gets thrown into his debut straight away, against one of the top teams in the prem, whilst we are in the middleof a crisis and playing shite and having little or no help in attack because of our manager/formation, the injuries etc.

And people think you can judge him on this???

You don't judge any player after one game, some players do little for a season before becoming great players (Henry, Pires etc at arsenal being the best examples)

21099[/snapback]

Has it ever happened with a manager?

Instant success is rare in this world.

Working at things is how you get somewhere.......

21109[/snapback]

Jesus wept, he has played 1 game with no prior training with the rest of the team and has missed personal training due to flying here to sign, aswell as being pulled from Deportivo last fixture.

Fact of the matter is that you (LM) are pro whiner, nothing anybody does is ever acceptable to you. God, man, you are so depressing, do you take Zoloft, if not I would recommend a vist to the Quack, I think you need it.

21515[/snapback]

I think you must have a good view of the match mate...

Anyway, read the posts properly, you must be taking as much notice of the posts as you do of the game on telly !

He put in an excellent performance in his first season at us, but he tended to slip into a comfort zone after that.

21757[/snapback]

I agree with that, he was an excellent player when he wanted, just that, similar to Ginola those times became few and far between. This began to happen while SBR was still mananger, before anyone tries to blame yet another thing on Souness.

21053[/snapback]

Agree. Coming from spanish footy to the prem, with no pre season or practically any training with his new team he gets thrown into his debut straight away, against one of the top teams in the prem, whilst we are in the middleof a crisis and playing shite and having little or no help in attack because of our manager/formation, the injuries etc.

And people think you can judge him on this???

You don't judge any player after one game, some players do little for a season before becoming great players (Henry, Pires etc at arsenal being the best examples)

21099[/snapback]

Has it ever happened with a manager?

Instant success is rare in this world.

Working at things is how you get somewhere.......

21109[/snapback]

Jesus wept, he has played 1 game with no prior training with the rest of the team and has missed personal training due to flying here to sign, aswell as being pulled from Deportivo last fixture.

Fact of the matter is that you (LM) are pro whiner, nothing anybody does is ever acceptable to you. God, man, you are so depressing, do you take Zoloft, if not I would recommend a vist to the Quack, I think you need it.

21515[/snapback]

I think you must have a good view of the match mate...

Anyway, read the posts properly, you must be taking as much notice of the posts as you do of the game on telly !

21782[/snapback]

When do you have anything positive to say?

Aye, LM< but you were wrong on Bellamy :D

Actually I think we all were. I know I was. I was wrong an lots of players, Kluivert, Jenas and Ameobi.

I thought Kluivert would turn out to be a great signing, he didn't. I thought Shola could make it given a run in the side, he hasn't and although I still believe JJ has potential, I hope he does move now because he clearly does not want to be here if his nothing performance on Sunday is to go by.

I think you are being harsh on Luque because Robert, for large spells of his United career, didn't give a fuck and there is no denying that. Cast you mind back to the Marseille and Wolves home games where the vitriol on the stands and on the old HTT and Toon-Chat boards was something else.

I atually thought Luque showed plenty of heart in his willingness to close space even though all was lost, he was running on empty but he still put his hand up for Parker's ball at the end, where he outfoxed Ferdinand with that sublime piece of control.

I liked what I saw but of course it's too early to tell.

I remember watching Bellamy in the InterToto after he signed and thought we'd wasted 6m on a player not even good enough to play in the Premiership. I remember his performance at SJP for Coventry, he was awful, missed lots of sitters, kept getting cought off-side, and his control was shocking.

He turned out to be alright (as a player anyway).

I wondered what that outburst was for :D

21523[/snapback]

21539[/snapback]

21545[/snapback]

21549[/snapback]

21599[/snapback]

At the end of the day, if the team doesn't make at least 5th, then Souness' collective attempt at changing it has been for the worse, and Robert was a major player in the team that qualified for the Champions League.

But Bellamy is the biggest clanger anyway. If you don't see that and are blinded by Souness' spin, then like others Terry Macs appointment hasn't been for nothing, there is always someone gullible to ignore facts.