Dyer included in England squad

Jimbo

Just announced.....

and Scott Parker.

LONDON, Feb 2 (Reuters) - England coach Steve McClaren named on Friday a 28-man squad to face Spain in a friendly at Old Trafford on Wednesday:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic), Ben Foster (Manchester United, on loan to Watford)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Gary Neville (Manchester United), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Neville (Everton), Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders: Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Newcastle United), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Joey Barton (Manchester City)

Forwards: Andy Johnson (Everton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur).

Just announced.....

and Scott Parker.

LONDON, Feb 2 (Reuters) - England coach Steve McClaren named on Friday a 28-man squad to face Spain in a friendly at Old Trafford on Wednesday:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic), Ben Foster (Manchester United, on loan to Watford)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Gary Neville (Manchester United), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Neville (Everton), Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders: Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Newcastle United), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Joey Barton (Manchester City)

Forwards: Andy Johnson (Everton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur).

How? :lol:

i wonder how barton's presence will go down after he slagged the likes of cole, gerrard and lampard for releasing books after the world cup

Loved those comments tbh, he was spot on.

There were rumours that he wouldn't be picked for that very reason. Jesus wept.

Dyer included in England squad

:lol: Sad state of affairs tbh,do we need a friendly?we know we are shite and the quality of International football is more entertaining than the Championship

Edited by @yourservice

Half those players shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, including our own Parker based on form, this is one of the reasons why we keep failing, unimaginative selection policy. I'd love to see an England manager drop all the big names and past squad regulars and call up a load of players based on their club form and say right, there you go, see what you can do. It wouldn't half be exciting and different and may throw up a gem or two. No doubt the media would kick up a fuss about devaluing the cap though.

Guest Patrokles

Shaun Wright-Phillips? Jesus wept, what must Milner be thinking, or Young even. He isn't going to start so I just don't see the point. Arrrr... why do I even give a shit about England and internationals.

You're as bad as Owen. :blink:

BTW Dyer on form deserves to be in there like, and I'm not a big fan of his. He hasn't played especially well, but he's scoring goals (shock horror) and does cause teams problems, which is better than playing well but with no end product like he used to do.

Edited by Howaythetoon

Half those players shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, including our own Parker based on form, this is one of the reasons why we keep failing, unimaginative selection policy. I'd love to see an England manager drop all the big names and past squad regulars and call up a load of players based on their club form and say right, there you go, see what you can do. It wouldn't half be exciting and different and may throw up a gem or two. No doubt the media would kick up a fuss about devaluing the cap though.

I agree,the media dictates transfers and who should be in charge of whatever club etc these days,at the minute the flavour of the month is José Mourinho.