Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ant/Ewek - Oxegen line up's announced on 8th March. Times / Day's will not be announced til June

T in the park is oxegens sister festival has been since they both started up.

It'll be the same as what's already been annouced for t in the park, nailed on.

Aye with a few minor changes, good line up aswell

Nobody would ever be up for going somewhere outside of the UK to a festival. The line ups are normally better, what's the one in spain with muse and arctic monkeys etc.? that would be amazing

Nobody would ever be up for going somewhere outside of the UK to a festival. The line ups are normally better, what's the one in spain with muse and arctic monkeys etc.? that would be amazing

Bilbao?

Festivals in Europe are great. Nice weather, great scenery, cheaper & different food/beer/etc, the trip over with your friends, a relaxed atmosphere and much better lineups, as its far cheaper to book bands on the mainland. It costs the same, often less, as a festival over here too, although the price difference isn't as great as a few years ago.

It's definitely worth it, if only for the experience - but once you go to one you'll want to check out all the others as well :lol:

I could be fucking travel agent.

Bilbao?

Festivals in Europe are great. Nice weather, great scenery, cheaper & different food/beer/etc, the trip over with your friends, a relaxed atmosphere and much better lineups, as its far cheaper to book bands on the mainland. It costs the same, often less, as a festival over here too, although the price difference isn't as great as a few years ago.

It's definitely worth it, if only for the experience - but once you go to one you'll want to check out all the others as well :lol:

I could be fucking travel agent.

Think he's on about Benicàssim or more likely Primavera in Barcelona.

Honestly the European festivals piss all over the uk ones, especially Irish, they have to be more competitive because of the competition with festivals within reach without having to fly.

With maybe the exception of electric picnic as it really is a decent festival as far as Ireland goes and has oxegen beat hands down.

In terms of acts or in terms of the crowd?

I was saying european line ups are normally better.

Thank fuck for that, indeed they are by far, and for a lot of the festivals your weekend camping ticket will not only be half the price of oxegen for a better lineup, but gets you free trains/coaches out to the venue and all.

and as Jon said, better weather food and experience all round

Got that fucking right, 4 euro for a dish of chips which was about 10 chips :lol:

Found one van though on the last night during muse, done half a chicken and a full tray of chips for 7 euro which was heaven after not eating proper stuff for days!

Aye i didn't bring enough food last year, a few packets of biscuits, was living off shitty trays of chips, had chips and curry and the curry was like water, im surprised it didn't come straight out of me.

On the friday they let us take drink into the arena then on saturday they dumped it.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to this http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/ again in August, third year in a row. Gets better every year.

Just heard also that they won an award.....

Here’s the full rundown of this years Breakspoll Winners:

Best Track – Hedflux – Mindcell

Best Remix – Freestylers – Cracks (Ctrl-Z Remix)

Best Album – Against The Grain Classics by Krafty Kuts

Best Label – U&A Recordings

Best New Label – Scarcity

Best Producer – Elite Force

Best New Producer – Run Riot

Best DJ – Krafty Kuts

Best New DJ – DJ Chamber

Best Large Event – Shambhala Music Festival

Best Small Event – The Drop

Best Website/Blog – NuSkoolBreaks.co.uk

Best Radio Station – NSB Radio

Best Radio Show – Annie Nightingale Breaks Show (BBC Radio One)

Outstanding Contribution to Breaks – Krafty Kuts

Pretty fuckin cool that a party in deepest darkest Kootenays won!

Edited by tooner

Already said it in the gigs thread, but Coachella next month.. Was a bit miffed about the KoL but at least I'll be able to find something else. Plenty to choose from!

mainPoster.jpg

Edited by WubbleUC

i'd be serioulsy tempted to go parklife in manchester in the summer if i wasn't about to have a kid. what a lineup - grandmaster flash, kelis, beardyman, 2manyjs, chase and status, dj shadow, dj marky, rob da bank, andy c, high contrast. would be a quality couple of days. only downside being it's in manchester

http://parklife.uk.com/lineups/arena-breakdown/

i'd be serioulsy tempted to go parklife in manchester in the summer if i wasn't about to have a kid. what a lineup - grandmaster flash, kelis, beardyman, 2manyjs, chase and status, dj shadow, dj marky, rob da bank, andy c, high contrast. would be a quality couple of days. only downside being it's in manchester

http://parklife.uk.com/lineups/arena-breakdown/

this sounds awesome, saw beardyman last year at shambhala, guy is fucking mental.