Big Sam

Ketsbaia

I would have been happy with Allardyce after Souness was sacked, and I'd be even happier if we got him now. He's doing a tremendous job at Bolton. I never thought he'd keep them in the top 5 this season after he didn't get the England job last year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been happy with Allardyce after Souness was sacked, and I'd be even happier if we got him now. He's doing a tremendous job at Bolton. I never thought he'd keep them in the top 5 this season after he didn't get the England job last year.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

He'd bring back pride in the shirt, he'd make players proud to play for Newcastle United. Look at the players he's brought into Bolton....Bolton ffs...they all seem committed, something we seriously lack under the current 'manager'.

How reliable is this?

Who would want Big Sam?

Money

Since taking over at Bolton Wanderers back in 1999 Big Sam has spent £17.35m which works out at a mere £2.16875m per season (our average spend per season is £9m +), and incredibly he has brought in £23.29m in sales, effectively operating without a budget. The average cost of a Bolton player under his management is less than £500,000 - Big Sam has acheived promotion, a Cup Final, Premiership consolidation and European qualification on half a million pound buys basically. People talk about Arsene Wenger's shrewdness in the transfer market but Big Sam has shown there is no-one better at getting full value for money and working within the confines of a strict budget.

I would, for me the best manager outside of the top four by some distance, sadly can't see it happening like.

for me the best manager outside of the top four by some distance, sadly can't see it happening like.

So the 5h best manager in the league for the 5th best club in the last decade.

It's like they're made for each other tbh.

Who would want Big Sam?

Money

Since taking over at Bolton Wanderers back in 1999 Big Sam has spent £17.35m which works out at a mere £2.16875m per season (our average spend per season is £9m +), and incredibly he has brought in £23.29m in sales, effectively operating without a budget. The average cost of a Bolton player under his management is less than £500,000 - Big Sam has acheived promotion, a Cup Final, Premiership consolidation and European qualification on half a million pound buys basically. People talk about Arsene Wenger's shrewdness in the transfer market but Big Sam has shown there is no-one better at getting full value for money and working within the confines of a strict budget.

I would, for me the best manager outside of the top four by some distance, sadly can't see it happening like.

The question that has to be asked though, is would you be happy with a team of Campos and Dioufs?

Because that is where big Sam's success lies, reviving the dregs not scouting young unknown talent.

Guest Patrokles

Interesting to see that in Shepherd's statements about strengthening the squad in the summer he doesn't mention Roeder, simply that signings would be made.

Though I'm probably reading a bit too much into that.

You think? :lol:

Who would want Big Sam?

Money

The question that has to be asked though, is would you be happy with a team of Campos and Dioufs?

Because that is where big Sam's success lies, reviving the dregs not scouting young unknown talent.

Diouf's a quality player.

Who would want Big Sam?

Money

No better than Dyer and Dyer is average on a good day.

Who would want Big Sam?

Money

He's a better player than Dyer, has more of an end product in my eyes.

He's a better player than Dyer, has more of an end product in my eyes.

Can spit further than Dyer can piss, allegedly :lol:

IMHO they are both the product of their current managers.

They share similar footballing traits, one just has a better manager who knows how to get more out of his players.

Dyer hasn't had a manager like that since SBR in 02/03.

Edited by sammynb

I don't think we're in a postion to be turning our nose up at Big Sam.

Exactly how BIG is he anyway? :razz:

I think Gemmill describes him as a 'shaved bull'.

He always looks like he's got a skin moustache to me, same as John Major.

:lol: He does now you mention it.

Assuming Allardyce did come here which Bolton players do you think he'd like to bring with him? Nolan & Davies seem to be his cornerstones.

As an aside, if anyone was going to make Titus a dependable-for-90mins-competent-defender who fulfilled his physical attributes it would be Allardyce. Typical of us that he would be going out the door as Sam went in.

Assuming Allardyce did come here which Bolton players do you think he'd like to bring with him? Nolan & Davies seem to be his cornerstones.

As an aside, if anyone was going to make Titus a dependable-for-90mins-competent-defender who fulfilled his physical attributes it would be Allardyce. Typical of us that he would be going out the door as Sam went in.

El Hadji Diouf can fuck right off for starters !

I don't think we're in a postion to be turning our nose up at Big Sam.

Exactly how BIG is he anyway? :lol:

I think Gemmill describes him as a 'shaved bull'.

He always looks like he's got a skin moustache to me, same as John Major.

In football management size is everything.

All this talk smacks of hope and desperation - we are assuming that fs has made an autonomous decision in advance of it being a dire necessity(i.e. that we have no manager) to recruit a highly reputable coach with an outstanding record at an unglamorous club to haul us up by our bootstraps from the spiralling nosedive of a shite situation that we find ourselves in and inspire us with clenched fist and thumped chest to glories yet even to be dreamt of...... I think not.

Gr gets 10mill over the summer then the boot by th autumn by which time nobody wants to leave their club-its the circle of life

All this talk smacks of hope and desperation - we are assuming that fs has made an autonomous decision in advance of it being a dire necessity(i.e. that we have no manager) to recruit a highly reputable coach with an outstanding record at an unglamorous club to haul us up by our bootstraps from the spiralling nosedive of a shite situation that we find ourselves in and inspire us with clenched fist and thumped chest to glories yet even to be dreamt of...... I think not.

Gr gets 10mill over the summer then the boot by th autumn by which time nobody wants to leave their club-its the circle of life

I wish you wrote for the Chronicle... :lol:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin