Big Sam

Ketsbaia

Yeah Id like to see him here and see what he could do. But, as mentioned, internet generated rumours are not something I hold on to.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not totally convinced by Allardyce, but his record with Bolton with limited ressources does speak for itself. While Roeder has the right ideas, Allardyce would more likely to be able to realise his intentions.

I don't believe any internet rumours though...

He'd never be given the time to be successful here (assuming he'd come), and I'm far from sure his style of football would go down well (fans would say they'd tolerate it now, but fans have very short memories).

If he moved the club in the right direction in his first season (which wouldn't be too hard tbh) he'd get the time imo. I'd like to think he have the team playing better football in time with more money/better players too than what he's had at Bolton - not sure they play worse football than we've had to watch in recent seasons. Either way, he'd be a massive improvement on GR.

Must admit i'd like to see big sam given a chance at a bigger club.

i reckon him and his staff, especially sammy lee could workwonders on some of players.

also - i seem to remember a lot of opposition to him in the past :o

Interesting to see that in Shepherd's statements about strengthening the squad in the summer he doesn't mention Roeder, simply that signings would be made.

Though I'm probably reading a bit too much into that.

i can't stand the man personally. that would obviously all change if he took over nufc and turned the club around.

but what a sad state of affairs that so many on this board are so overjoyed by the rumours...quite a turnaround in opinion since the last couple of times we were linked with him.

i can't stand the man personally. that would obviously all change if he took over nufc and turned the club around.

but what a sad state of affairs that so many on this board are so overjoyed by the rumours...quite a turnaround in opinion since the last couple of times we were linked with him.

I think he's a twat like. Loves himself. So what though? You're right about the turnaround but every back then thought we were going to get Hitzfeld tbf.

I think he's a twat like. Loves himself. So what though? You're right about the turnaround but every back then thought we were going to get Hitzfeld tbf.

i didn't think things could get any worse after the souness debacle but it seems that roeder's appointment has lowered expectations even further.

you'd be hard pushed to find a chairman that has made consecutive appointments as crap as souness and then roeder.

edit - still the 5th best in the country mind

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

I don't like the bloke at all, but then none of the better prem managers are remotely likable, in fact most of them are complete twats!

I'd have him here like a shot because he'd sort out alot of the things about NUFC that really drive me up the wall.

He'd bring in a top, professional coaching set up, and indeed a set up that encompassed everything you could think of and more. He'd bring in organisation and structure and produce a team that looked liek they knew what they were doing instead of the current system of sending out 11 people who seemingly met! He'd have us well drilled on all set pieces both attacking and defending and we are currently a disgrace on both.

Also he tends to get the very best out of players instead of making them worse and seems to know what he's doing in terms of scouting and signing players from roudn the world.

And here he'd have more money than he's had before, bigger crowds and a shot down the line (if he's succesful) of trying to break into the top 4 which no matter what he does at Bolton is unlikely.

i can't stand the man personally.

I agree, but I'd much prefer to put up with him rather than endure the "nice guys finish last" routine under Rodent.

Interesting to see that in Shepherd's statements about strengthening the squad in the summer he doesn't mention Roeder, simply that signings would be made.

Hmmm, Portly Freddie's comment of 'We realise the team needs changing in more than one way', or words to that affect, made me think there was something strange. Maybe the powers that be can see what the vast majority of fans can and think Rodders has served his purpose and needs to be pushed to one side?

Hmmm, Portly Freddie's comment of 'We realise the team needs changing in more than one way', or words to that affect, made me think there was something strange. Maybe the powers that be can see what the vast majority of fans can and think Rodders has served his purpose and needs to be pushed to one side?

EDIT: The commentator on Century for the citeh (best supported club in the history of football. FACT) game actually said he knew of certain things regarding NUFC's near future but said he couldn't say anything. He was speaking regarding scouting and the like, but why be so coy about scouting etc :o ???

When you're hoping for the likes of Hitzfeld or Hiddink, he doesn't really compare but when you've sat through three seasons of utter shite like we have he would definitely be a step forward.

I'm sure he wouldn't take the job without being assured he would be able to work his way (which would mean a propper coaching set up and scouting network as well as more modern thinking on diet etc) which is what we have all been crying out for.

Yes Bolton don't exactly play attractive football but it's way above the shite we're churning it and they're doing it without any big name players.

They're also a team no one likes to play which is the exact opposite of the pushovers that we are.

As for not liking him, well tbh we need a manager who wants to get stuck into other teams unlike Roeder who just wants to get his tongue stuck in their arses!

I was under the impression that allardyce was offered the job last time and he didn't have the balls to take it. If he was so scared then, what's different now? IMO, he's found his level at Bolton and that's about as high as he'll go.

I was under the impression that allardyce was offered the job last time and he didn't have the balls to take it. If he was so scared then, what's different now? IMO, he's found his level at Bolton and that's about as high as he'll go.

Which is still quite a bit higher than us at the mo.

I wanted him last time, and saw Roeder for what he was, Ooh, I feel almost Leazes-like.

Now someone go dig out my confessions of wanting to sniff Roeder's underpants and destroy Sam Allardyce...

would get the players playing for each other and gets good results compared to many of his peers. look at how much he's spent and how much spurs have spent for example.

probably the best results for your money boss in the premiership.