Tonights Champions League

khay

Probably the best team performance in the history of the competition. To go into a game losing, against the 2nd best team in italy, and score 7.

err maybe not like....

Has to up there with the best, shirley.

Doubt there's been many better performances in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best team performance in the history of the competition. To go into a game losing, against the 2nd best team in italy, and score 7.

err maybe not like....

must be close though... Banging in seven at that stage of the competition is pretty unique.

Watching the highlights now, the thought of our shower of shite playing football like that is simply ridiculous.

To be fair under Roeder and Souness we aren't playing the same sport as this!

Its stretching the imagination to think we ever played close to that level under Bobby tbh

Some still wet their knickers over a night in Rotterdam. Shows how small time we really are.

Edited by gram

As much as I hate them, first half last night Man U were on a different level. Perfect game plan againts Italian teams at home, high tempo up their arses stuff.

The move ahead of the second goal was simply briliant. From the own box to the scorer in few seconds with no player touching the ball twice... :D

How good is Ronaldo? I really hope he stays in the Premiership long-term.

Fantastic work from Ferguson to nurture a talent. Ronaldo is getting better with every season and even cutting down his theatre-antics.

btw - Viana was a late substitute for Valencia...

Fantastic work from Ferguson to nurture a talent. Ronaldo is getting better with every season and even cutting down his theatre-antics.

He's no Zoggy the way some folk are carrying on. :D

That's always been the worst bit about him, he's almost alway been more dangerous staying up than having a dive.

Can't see that he'll ever really get rid of it though, too much a part of his personality.

Aye to think The Sun newspaper and half of England didn't want to let him back in the country after the World Cup.. :D

He plays nice football (when he's not trying his gamesmanship out) and largely always has..... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him with both legs folded backwards around his head though :panic:, nor does it excuse his other antics.

Aye to think The Sun newspaper and half of England didn't want to let him back in the country after the World Cup.. :D

He plays nice football (when he's not trying his gamesmanship out) and largely always has..... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him with both legs folded backwards around his head though :(, nor does it excuse his other antics.

:panic:

He plays nice football (when he's not trying his gamesmanship out) and largely always has..... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him with both legs folded backwards around his head though :(, nor does it excuse his other antics.

:panic:

He might be. :P

I'd still enjoy seeing it though. :icon_lol:

Watching the highlights now, the thought of our shower of shite playing football like that is simply ridiculous.

Thats what portsmouth thought before they beat them 2-1 .. funny old game innit

I'd actually like Manchester to win it. They played a great season. If not then I've no problem with Liverpool winning it again. It's not their fault that winning trophies earns you the bragging rights. But I've always disliked Chelsea and am not a great fan of Italian football.

I'd actually like Manchester to win it. They played a great season. If not then I've no problem with Liverpool winning it again. It's not their fault that winning trophies earns you the bragging rights. But I've always disliked Chelsea and am not a great fan of Italian football.

Balls to that, Teen Wolf!