Sunday Paper gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Frank Lampard is a £15m target for Barcelona, the Catalonian club having lined the midfielder up as the perfect person to give their team more bite. (Sunday Mirror)

Sam Allardyce will sign a £13m deal to manage Newcastle and then, with the ink still drying, make a £5m bid for Manchester City bad boy Joey Barton. (The People)

Although Big Sam might be able to save some money, with Barton's value plummeting to £3m. (Sunday Mirror)

Allardyce will also look to spend Freddie Shepherd's hard-earned cash on Freddie Ljungberg, although he'll face competition from Portsmouth. (Sunday Mirror)

Jermaine Jenas will head back up north in a £10m move to Everton. James Beattie could go the other way in part exchange. (The People)

Leeds striker David Healy will escape League One football by teaming up with his former international manager Lawrie Sanchez at Craven Cottage. (News of the World)

Although he could go to Middlesbrough. (The People)

And Preston forward David Nugent is also keen on a move to the Premiership to safeguard his spot in the England squad. (The Observer)

But one player going nowhere is Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov, chairman Daniel Levy reiterating that he doesn't run a selling club. (The Observer)

Micah Richards is 'happyish' at Manchester City, although he admits that he would like to play in the Champions League and would view a switch to Arsenal as a 'dream move'. (News of the World)

Carlos Tevez is wanted by most of Europe, with Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Milan among the suitors. (Various)

Michael Owen could move to Manchester United for £11m, just two years and 12 starts since joining Newcastle for £16m. (Sunday Express)

Tell us your transfer rumours

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United have turned down a "sensational" £850m takeover bid from a Chinese consortium. (News of the World)

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan believes West Ham will be relegated "if there is any justice in the world". (Sunday Mail)

But his counterpart at Upton Park, Eggert Magnusson, has urged Sheffield United and Wigan to play fair and not to contrive the Wigan win which could send West Ham down. (Sunday Express)

Alan Curbishley will be handed a £45m transfer kitty if the Hammers beat the drop. (News of the World)

Stuart Pearce will be axed if and when ex-Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra completes a £160m takeover. (News of the World)

Neil Warnock will make a decision on his future at Sheffield United after the relegation showdown with Wigan. (Various)

The right side of the LA Galaxy team line-up could turn into a haircut competition, with full-back Abel Xavier set to line up behind David Beckham. (The Independent)

AND FINALLY

Chelsea's senior players have welcomed referee Graham Poll's retirement. One senior player described the announcement as "the best news we've had in years". (Sunday Mirror)

With tongue firmly in cheek, Eric Cantona has claimed to be the greatest French footballer of all time. (Sunday Times)

Don't want Barton, good player but I dont want anyone who is going to beat up any of his teamates. :D

Freddie would be all right if we got a good price for him.

Ljungberg is way too injury prone for my liking and not exactly what we are desperate for at the minute. Barton is a head case!

I'd take both of them. Get rid of Emre and Duff.

Wouldn't fancy the risk of Barton kicking off, we couldn't sell Duff until January and I would like him to be given a chance under Allardyce. Ljungberg just seems a crock and hasn't looked anything near his old form whenever I have seen him.

ljungbergs last good game was the champions league final.

he's a luvvy as well now allegedly thats why wenger wants rid....

i'd take barton as he is citeh's best player. and better than most we have in our midfield. might knock some sense into dyer for example.

ljungbergs last good game was the champions league final.

he's a luvvy as well now allegedly thats why wenger wants rid....

i'd take barton as he is citeh's best player. and better than most we have in our midfield. might knock some sense into dyer for example.

Well that's a given.

I'd have ljungberg and ship duff out but I wouldn't touch barton with a barge pole for fear of him taking it off me and beating me with it now

Ljungberg is way too injury prone for my liking and not exactly what we are desperate for at the minute. Barton is a head case!

wouldn't do such a thing...emre is a decent player and i would atleast give duff anotha season

See if ROeder was saying he wanted these players I would be scared. But look at what Big Sam has done for others like them. I think he could get some quality returns on his players.

Agree.

wouldn't do such a thing...emre is a decent player and i would atleast give duff anotha season

Emre is garbarge mate. I'd rather have Jenas back :D

Emre is garbarge mate. I'd rather have Jenas back :lol:

Now you're just being silly.

Isn't Ljungberg the same as Duff? A past it player looking for a mug to match his big wages?

Also, don't they play on the opposite sides of the pitch?

I dunno if Duff can get fit and stay fit and get a consistant patch of games under him I think he's got a bit left in him he's not that old and should be in his prime really.

He was out for long injuries 3 (?) times last season and hadn't played as much as he might at Chleski before that, he was never going to dazzle under those conditions if IF he still could.

Emre is garbarge mate. I'd rather have Jenas back :lol:

Now you're just being silly.

See Jenas' pass for Keane's goal yesterday? How many times has Emre managed a decent final ball this season? I'd sell him if someone came in with £200k tbh