Michael Winner slates the North

BlueStar

Famous-for-being-famous attention whore Michael Winner must have realised he hadn't been in the papers for a while, and that he had been made redundant by a blue mouse. So in an episode of real life trolling he managed to get an airing on Breakfast news by convincing someone to film him saying "There is no actual specific thing in the north that would cause any reasonable person to go there."

He must have forgotten he'd already tried this desperate bit of attention seeking by saying on the North-South divide ""it starts North of Hyde Park, it starts at Oxford Street, anything North of Oxford Street is ridiculous".

I'm sure Cockeys will be pleased to know that they'll get no respite from the man who is contending with Jeremy Beadle, Jim Davidson and Paul Daniels for the title of "Britains most hated little twat"

Edited by BlueStar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, southerners, it's freeeeeeeeeezing up here at the moment.

I couldn't sleep last night with the fighting going on outside in the street.

The leccy is on the blink again, I see; it is only going to be on for five hours today instead of the usual seven.

I was watching that new programme on tv last night - Love thy neighbour I think it was called - can't wait for colour television.

Better get up soon as I have to take over from my son down the pit for my fourteen hour shift.

Aye, southerners, there's nowt for yee lot up heeya.

It's grim up north!

Surely Fat Freddie could challenge him as a good restaurant critic?? :lol:

26130[/snapback]

Judging by the state of Winner and some of Freddie's 'unguarded' comments, I'd say both would make good brothel critics. Allegedly.

Michael Winner is great.  Seriously, take no notice of it.

26114[/snapback]

Yeah, he's one of the best restaurant critics out there :lol:

26117[/snapback]

He's one of the dest directors ever :lol:

Michael Winner is great.  Seriously, take no notice of it.

26114[/snapback]

Yeah, he's one of the best restaurant critics out there :icon_lol:

26117[/snapback]

He's one of the dest directors ever :lol:

26138[/snapback]

Sima, you do like a wind-up don't you? :lol:

Aye, southerners, it's freeeeeeeeeezing up here at the moment.

I couldn't sleep last night with the fighting going on outside in the street.

The leccy is on the blink again, I see; it is only going to be on for five hours today instead of the usual seven.

I was watching that new programme on tv last night - Love thy neighbour I think it was called - can't wait for colour television.

Better get up soon as I have to take over from my son down the pit for my fourteen hour shift.

Aye, southerners, there's nowt for yee lot up heeya.

It's grim up north!

26110[/snapback]

the electric was off in the whole of our town last night for nearly 3 hours :lol:

i like storys like this, it means we get less cockneys coming up here to live  :lol:

26029[/snapback]

Exactly. Let them live in their 2 bedroomed houses for half a million quid, travel 3 hours to work every day.....

Northumberland, Lakes, North Yorks...it's our little secret and keep it that way.

Good for him.  Hopefully this means that this pompous cretin will never venture this far north and pollute my lovely city.

26111[/snapback]

Aye. He's an idiot, so if it means he won't be gracing us with his precence - hurrah!

It's his loss, not ours.

The daft thing is, London's a fucking dump.

26113[/snapback]

Yes, doesn't stop the media continually jizzing over it as if its one of the greatest cities in exisitence though!

26377[/snapback]

I like London. I like going down there every now and then, but I wouldn't want to live there. It's overcrowded, polluted, dirty and expensive. A lot of London are absolute dives that make Scotswood and Elswick look like Hampstead.

The daft thing is, London's a fucking dump.

26113[/snapback]

Yes, doesn't stop the media continually jizzing over it as if its one of the greatest cities in exisitence though!

26377[/snapback]

I like London. I like going down there every now and then, but I wouldn't want to live there. It's overcrowded, polluted, dirty and expensive. A lot of London are absolute dives that make Scotswood and Elswick look like Hampstead.

26499[/snapback]

I quite like visiting too, it's a shit tip though :lol: