What are you reading?

Brock Manson

Normally something intellectual but at the moment i am reading 'A Mag for all seasons' by Billy Furious.

Poetry is alright.. I liked Robert Frost until i realsied that the Road Less travelled was used in Dead Poets society.

'A Mag For All Seasons' is actually a canny good read.

Normally something intellectual but at the moment i am reading 'A Mag for all seasons' by Billy Furious.

Poetry is alright.. I liked Robert Frost until i realsied that the Road Less travelled was used in Dead Poets society.

It is funny and he does capture that one-eyed view of the world very well (and deliberately too).

The bit on the FA cup is good, basically calls it a slag who flirts with us and never gives anything up.

It is funny and he does capture that one-eyed view of the world very well (and deliberately too).

The bit on the FA cup is good, basically calls it a slag who flirts with us and never gives anything up.

:blink: Aye, I read it a while ago now but he does have a memorable turn of phrase.

http://www.cosmoetica.com/TOP1-DES1.htm

He's taken apart Yeats' Into The Twilight on this page, here's how he scores the original:

Bad to Terrible to Doggerel to Atrocities (self-explanatory- plain old shit!)

and his rewrite:

Excellent Poems (high technical skills are manifest; perhaps 1 or 2 hints of greatness)

:razz::blink::D

Guest Patrokles

http://www.cosmoetica.com/TOP1-DES1.htm

He's taken apart Yeats' Into The Twilight on this page, here's how he scores the original:

Bad to Terrible to Doggerel to Atrocities (self-explanatory- plain old shit!)

and his rewrite:

Excellent Poems (high technical skills are manifest; perhaps 1 or 2 hints of greatness)

:razz::blink::D

Jinkies. What a loon.

Just finished The Incident With The Dog In the Night Time, after giving up on Louis de Bernieres. Good read, fascinating insight into Asperger's Syndrome

I thought it was alright. A bit overrated but a decent enough read. From the comments on the sleeve I was expecting more tbh.

I liked it too.

In a similar vein to My Little Blue Dress (fictional diary) by Bruno Maddox, which I also loved.

Has anyone read that new fictionalised diary (I thinkl) of Brian Clough? I forget what it's called.

Moondust by Andrew Smith. The author basically tracks down the 9 surviving austronauts to see what has happened to them in the years since they made the trip. A lot of them have had problems like, on the basis that once you've set foot on the moon...what else is there to achieve?