What are you reading?

Brock Manson

Get around to reading The Virgin Suicides yet, alex?

Got about 40 pages to go so I'll probably finish it tonight. Really enjoying it, cheers.

;) Any time!

Finished it, excellent. Just started 'Delta of Venus'. Didn't realise it was that erotic like (it is a Penguin Classic I'll have you know). Good though :lol:

YOu been to Verlaine's website Al?

One excellent (tongue in cheek) electro pop mix on there of one of his songs.

Got about 40 pages to go so I'll probably finish it tonight. Really enjoying it, cheers.

;) Any time!

Finished it, excellent. Just started 'Delta of Venus'. Didn't realise it was that erotic like (it is a Penguin Classic I'll have you know). Good though :lol:

Not recently. Might have a look later though.

:razz: Any time!

Not recently. Might have a look later though.

He sings it in a very camp German. ;)

Guest Patrokles

I'm going to completely overhaul the site tomorrow night and add all the new songs, remove dead wood, redesign, etc, etc. So hang fire until the weekend!

(song for laura is a true story. She really did crash that golf cart into a tree)

Ordered The Selfish Gene and The God Delusion and want one of the Dawkins geeks to tell me which one to read first, please. :lol:

Think Wullie has read them.

Given up on Midnight's Children for the forseable future, couldn't be fucked anymore. Went for Fever Pitch after that as something a bit light hearted and enjoye it a lot, certainly spoke to my inner geek.

Reading The Bookseller of Kabul - Asne Seierstad at the moment, very interesting although seems a little preachy at times.

Chris Moyles' autobiography.

Quite funny actually. :taunt:

;) I've always wonder who the fuck reads these sort of books. :lol:

:pmsl: I wouldn't even want a 5 minute conversation with the prick, never mind have to read his life story.

Guest Patrokles

I wonder if Moyles mentions his graveyard shift stint with Severn Sound, the local radio station here in Gloucester. Whenever he talked about his career when he first started with Radio 1 he completely glossed over that bit.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not about the bike - Lance Armstrong

I got that for my mum to give her some inspiration for her fight against cancer, I'll give it a go when she's read it, he's a legend.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Magpie Memories: Conversations with Newcastle Players Down the Decades , not a bad read if you're interested in old skool toon.

Just started Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell.

notes from a big country - bill bryson

I think its called that anyway...its good, all his newspaper articles in one book, short and sweet, good to read a few chapters before bed/on the bog etc...

Edited by jimburst

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Christopher Brookmyre's A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Blacked Pencil.

Excellent, but that was hardly a shock, for me he is one of the best writers around at the moment, top in that genre certainly.

I've read almost all of his stuff, so that's definitely on my list. ;)