Sunday Paper Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United are set to beat Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Valencia and Real Madrid to the signing of Barcelona's Argentine striker Javier Saviola, for a cut-price £7m (News of the World).

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will make a £2.5m offer to Portsmouth for midfielder Sean Davis, after missing out on Scott Brown and Joey Barton (Sunday People).

Charlton striker Darren Bent will snub a bumper £60,000-a-week deal from West Ham to sign for London rivals Tottenham (News of the World).

And that could prompt Hammers boss Alan Curbishley to turn his attentions to Jermain Defoe (News of the World).

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is making a shock move for Turkey's World Cup right-winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz, 27, who plays for Trabzonspor (Sunday People).

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings is making a £2m move to sign exciting Sheffield Wednesday youngster Chris Brunt (Sunday People).

West Ham and Portsmouth are keeping tabs on Reading's Irish winger Stephen Hunt, who only has a year left on his contract with the Royals (Sunday People).

With Arsene Wenger's future at Arsenal still uncertain, Tomas Rosicky could be the first big-name exit from the Emirates Stadium, with Atletico Madrid keen to sign him (Sunday People).

Derby boss Billy Davies wants to celebrate promotion to the Premiership by signing Matthew Etherington from West Ham for £2m (Sunday People).

More to follow...

OTHER GOSSIP

Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein will be offered a role at Newcastle, should billionaire Mike Ashley's attempted takeover of the club prove successful (Sunday People).

Liverpool fans have been condemned as the worst in Europe in a scathing Uefa report, following violent scenes at the recent Champions League final against AC Milan (News of the World).

AND FINALLY

Not one player at Chelsea, one of the richest football clubs in the world, agreed to contribute any of their wages to the 'May Day For Nurses' campaign, where footballers are asked to give a day's wages to hard-up Nurses.

Of all the 556 Premiership players asked to help with the scheme, only 225 contributed.

How many nurses gave a penny to the Michael Owen Rehab Fund?

not one I bet

And nurses aren't hard up - they're like farmers - always whining on - no-one FORCED them to take the job as far as I know.............

And nurses aren't hard up - they're like farmers - always whining on

Rob, I think we're destined to be soulmates, because all that can be said in reply to that is 'Amen my brother'. Everyone everywhere is over-worked (unless you're Scott or Alex) and under-paid, it's just that nurses never shut the fuck about about it. Enough already.

Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein will be offered a role at Newcastle, should billionaire Mike Ashley's attempted takeover of the club prove successful (Sunday People).

:lol:

I was joking when I posted THIS

Be happy if there was some truth in it though...

Manchester City chairman John Wardle could make Graeme Souness the club's new manager amid fears that Thaksin Shinawatra's attempted £90m takeover has hit a stumbling block (Sunday Mirror)

:lol: I'd have stuck with Pearce...

Liverpool fans have been condemned as the worst in Europe in a scathing Uefa report, following violent scenes at the recent Champions League final against AC Milan (News of the World).

Renton will be seething.

DAVID DEIN is set to be offered a stunning return to football as Newcastle's new chief executive.

Billionaire Mike Ashley, now believed to own more than 50 per cent of the Toon, wants the former Arsenal vice-chairman to take over all football matters at St James' Park.

Ashley has a five-year plan to turn Newcastle into major players in European football and wants Dein to have complete control of changing the internal structure of the club.

The pair are near neighbours in Hertfordshire and Ashley believes Dein has the experience to turn Newcastle around.

A Toon source told People Sport: "The new man wants to bring in David Dein. He will be given the tools to turn Newcastle into a major force."

Also made his debut at the age of 9, what a guy. :lol:

I hope you aren't doubting the validity of the information on wikipedia !!!

:)

Yet another reason to hate Chelsea. Anyone know anything about this Turkish player?

Chelsea made a club donation, rather than the players doing it. Of course, no mention that only 2 players from Man United donated, and 3 from Arsenal. 0 from Boro.

Newcastle actually did a bit better, with 12 players:

Titus Bramble, Celestine Babayaro, Pavel Srnicek, Nicky Butt, Stephen Carr, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Stephen Harper, James Milner, Scott Parker, Peter Ramage, Nolberto Solano

Incidently, both Fred and Big Sam put a donation in themselves.

Also made his debut at the age of 9, what a guy. :lol:

I hope you aren't doubting the validity of the information on wikipedia !!!

:)

The German Wiki version say he was banned for six months in 2005 for illegal betting. He will like it in England then...

Yet another reason to hate Chelsea. Anyone know anything about this Turkish player?

Chelsea made a club donation, rather than the players doing it. Of course, no mention that only 2 players from Man United donated, and 3 from Arsenal. 0 from Boro.

It's not as shocking as none of the players from the richest club in the league if not the world not donating a penny of their own money though, is it?

Newcastle actually did a bit better, with 12 players:

Titus Bramble, Celestine Babayaro, Pavel Srnicek, Nicky Butt, Stephen Carr, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Stephen Harper, James Milner, Scott Parker, Peter Ramage, Nolberto Solano

Incidently, both Fred and Big Sam put a donation in themselves.

Nice to see Michael Owen and Keiron Dyer donating some of hard earned combined weekly wage of 190 grand. :lol:

Nice to see Michael Owen and Keiron Dyer donating some of hard earned combined weekly wage of 190 grand. :lol:

Why should they? They directly keep enough nurses in their job throughout the year...

I was reading about Chelsea players not making a donation in a newspaper the other day, the women who went about putting this whole thing together said Chelsea donated as a club, but they wouldn't let her anywhere near the players which I can't say I see anything wrong with.

It seems to me she's trying to shame players into donating.

I was reading about Chelsea players not making a donation in a newspaper the other day, the women who went about putting this whole thing together said Chelsea donated as a club, but they wouldn't let her anywhere near the players which I can't say I see anything wrong with.

It seems to me she's trying to shame players into donating.

I wonder how much they donated. I remember one public statement of theirs about how they were commited to donating to charity and boasted that in the last year they'd given so much, which the Guardian pointed out was about a tenth of their weekly wage bill or something.