Claim to fame

Guest alex

My great grandfather was the Yugoslavian ambassador to Moscow during WWII, and met Stalin - my granddad has a cigar box signed by him.

My coursemate has the best claim to fame ever - he's punched Prince Harry in the face.

:lol:

Both them are fucking class tbh

I once threw up in the same room as Pauline Quirke.

:icon_lol:

I once threw up in the VIP area at Tynecastle Stadium. Had to break mid conversation from Gary Mackay (former Hearts player and current football agent) to go and hurl my load. :lol:

My parents claim to fame is a belter though.

Sometime in the early 80's Aberdeen were playing in Dusseldorf in Europe. My parents hitched their way from Galashiels in Scotland to Jormany for the game. Turned out at first to be a bit of a pointless excercise as my dad got so blitzed he didn't know the score! :D Later on that night, as they hadn't really thought about where they were going to stay or how they would get back, they saw the Aberdeen team bus parked outside a hotel. Went in and explained their predicament to a very caring pre-Sir Alex Ferguson who arranged for them to be flown back to Edinburgh on the team plane!

So after mingling with the players and Alex Ferguson in midweek, they went up to Pittodrie on the Saturday for a home game with Motherwell. 3 minutes into the game and my old man gets lifted for breach of the peace and gets marched straight past the dugout! My Dad thought it was funny, and Alex Ferguson found it funny too. Mother was bloody mortified though! :icon_lol:

Well I saw Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi in Eldon Square couple of months ago.

edit: 15 minutes later it hit me that it was Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi.

lols

Edited by Magma

My great grandfather was the Yugoslavian ambassador to Moscow during WWII, and met Stalin - my granddad has a cigar box signed by him.

My coursemate has the best claim to fame ever - he's punched Prince Harry in the face.

:lol:

Agreed, they're quality. As is Magma's.

:icon_lol:

Agreed, they're quality. As is Magma's.

Martins can barely speak english man :D

Ameobi is indecipherable so hes pretty much the same,

what a carry on :lol:

How was it fake like?

He signed it Jermaine Jenas.....

Mine is that I once scored a header from a Mick Martin cross :D

Mick Martin must have been some player to kick a ball that high. :lol:

How was it fake like?

He signed it Jermaine Jenas.....

Mine is that I once scored a header from a Mick Martin cross :lol:

Doesn't count tbh, seen as you were the designated goalpost at the time. WOODWORK!

My married surname is Loram, we're related to Mark Loram the Speedway star and Mark Loram the footballer who I doubt you've heard of but played for Torquay united a few years back and was a real talent who could have gone far but instead chose to stay playing locally and waste his life drinking!

Other than that I've met a few race drivers, Will Hoy (now sadly departed) Swirvin Irvine and Damon Hill.

Played on stage with Green Day / Played a gig with one of the lads from the band 'test icicles' new band / met loads of people but i dont think that counts allthough i did high five Carol Voderman and Richard Whiteley :lol: