Arsenal announce Henry departure

Jimbo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Owen to Arsenal then?

Makes you wonder, but is he a Wenger type player ? but how long has Wenger got at the club ? this could spark an exodus.

Lol, this is hilarious - there's an Arsenal fan who works in my department and he's always told me how Henry would easily break Shearer's Premiership goalscoring record... oh dear B)

Still, I wonder if it does mean Mercenary Owen will be off to the Arse.

Arsenal are fucked now.

Not really, he hardly played last season. I'd go so far as to say they missed van Persie more.

Exactly he hardly played and look how they did, they might have been top 4 but they should be competing with the top 2, for assists and goals scored there aren't too many better in the history of the PL, it'd be a huge blow to any club.

Edited by ewerk

Arsenal are fucked now.

Not really, he hardly played last season. I'd go so far as to say they missed van Persie more.

Agreed. They didn't look much better when he played tbh.

If they can use the money to get a good partner for Van Persie I can see them being stronger next season, how many times has Arsenal been dismissed after selling one of their star players only to replace them?

Anelka, Vieira, Overmars, Adams, Cole and Petit all replaced comfortably with Henry, Fabregas, Pires, Toure, Gallas and Gilberto.

Wenger is a cracking manager. I'm guessing that he'll spend the money well.

Reyes

Cygan

Wiltord

Garde

Grimandi

Boa Morte

Suker

Wreh

Malz

Luzhny

Aliadiere

Inamoto

Stepanovs

Jeffers

Diawara

Baptista

Tavlaridis

Wright (Richard not Ian)

Vivas

Reyes

Cygan

Wiltord

Garde

Grimandi

Boa Morte

Suker

Wreh

Malz

Luzhny

Aliadiere

Inamoto

Stepanovs

Jeffers

Diawara

Baptista

Tavlaridis

Wright (Richard not Ian)

Vivas

I know every manager has fuck ups and I'm not saying Wenger always gets it right. Some of those players he made his money back on though, and some are loan signings.

Aliadiere for example came on a free I think, and they've sold him for £2m. Not the worst bit of business-he was only a kid when he signed.

Jeffers was a fuck up, but I think I'm relieved that he didn't end up here. Ditto Luzhny.

Richard Wright was a weird one, there was insane hype about the lad, even getting into several England squads, only to be an utter tart.

Boa Morte was cheap enough that it wasn't a huge financial loss selling him on. I think they made their money back immediately on Diawara.

Not sure how much Sukerr cost, but 8 goals in 22 games isn't too bad(according to wikipedia).

Wiltord did alright at Arsenal IMO. Scored the goal at Old Trafford that won them the title and played in a fair few postions for them. I think he may have cost a fair bit though.

Pointing out those transfers though, you have to look at signings like

Fabregas,

Henry,

Van Persie,

Toure,

Ljungberg,

Vieira,

Petit,

Eboue,

etc.

Edited by Barney

Reyes

Cygan

Wiltord

Garde

Grimandi

Boa Morte

Suker

Wreh

Malz

Luzhny

Aliadiere

Inamoto

Stepanovs

Jeffers

Diawara

Baptista

Tavlaridis

Wright (Richard not Ian)

Vivas

I know every manager has fuck ups and I'm not saying Wenger always gets it right. Some of those players he made his money back on though, and some are loan signings.

Aliadiere for example came on a free I think, and they've sold him for £2m. Not the worst bit of business-he was only a kid when he signed.

Jeffers was a fuck up, but I think I'm relieved that he didn't end up here. Ditto Luzhny.

Richard Wright was a weird one, there was insane hype about the lad, even getting into several England squads, only to be an utter tart.

Boa Morte was cheap enough that it wasn't a huge financial loss selling him on. I think they made their money back immediately on Diawara.

Not sure how much Sukerr cost, but 8 goals in 22 games isn't too bad(according to wikipedia).

Wiltord did alright at Arsenal IMO. Scored the goal at Old Trafford that won them the title and played in a fair few postions for them. I think he may have cost a fair bit though.

Fabregas,

Henry,

Van Persie,

Toure,

Ljungberg,

Vieira,

Petit,

Eboue,

etc.

I wasn't trying to slag Wenger off, I'd rather he was at Newcastle than Arsenal, but I was trying to make the point that he's made a fair few fuck ups on the transfer front himself.

Reyes

Cygan

Wiltord

Garde

Grimandi

Boa Morte

Suker

Wreh

Malz

Luzhny

Aliadiere

Inamoto

Stepanovs

Jeffers

Diawara

Baptista

Tavlaridis

Wright (Richard not Ian)

Vivas

Fabregas,

Henry,

Van Persie,

Toure,

Ljungberg,

Vieira,

Petit,

Eboue,

etc.

I wasn't trying to slag Wenger off, I'd rather he was at Newcastle than Arsenal, but I was trying to make the point that he's made a fair few fuck ups on the transfer front himself.

Yeah, point taken. I think his fuck ups haven't been as bad as other managers. Maybe they aren't highlighted as much though.

I'd love the likes of Eboue, Fabregas at Newcastle.

Back on track :

Assuming Barca don't sell Ronaldinho/Messi/E'eto, how the fuck are they going to line up next year?

Ronaldinho/Messi/E'eto/Saviola/Giuly/Henry

Deco/Iniesta/Xavi/Edmilson/Gudjohnson

VanBronkhorst/Puyol/Zambrotta/Thuram/Marquez/Belleti/Sylvinho

I can see one of Ronaldinho/E'Eto moving on. Maybe Ronaldinho to Milan. I can't see them ever selling Messi.

I could easlily see the likes of Ronaldinho, Saviola, Guily, Gudjohnson, Van Bronckhorst, Belleti and Slyvinho moving on during the closed season, thus making team selection a wee bit easier.

Wonder if Arse will go after Owen now?

Remember Anal's exclusive that Wenger had asked if he could have whichever of Owen and Martins we didn't want? B)

"Reports of.............. are wide of the mark"

Fill in the blanks etc.

Can't help but laugh at how Arsenal could have had £50 million for him. A year and a few million pounds wages later he hasn't done that much for them, and they will get £34 million less. B)

Although its only a few months but I guess the thought of paying out for 28 yearold is a bit different to justify paying out a similar sum for someone who's nearly 30.

excellent bit of business for arsenal if this goes through. bought for 10.5mil ( i think when he was 22/23) sold for 16 mil when he's virtually 30.

has done his bit for arsenal , but from those itk wanted things his way a bit too much.

their team needs 2 goalscoring forwards and a long term replacement for gilberto. other than that they are good enough i think to get a top 3 place again.