***Takeover News***

smoggeordie

alex ITK'd me on this news a week ago today which gives him new cast-iron ITK status in my book. B)

Aye but he also said that FS was to be kicked out which appears to be wide of the mark, so half marks for him due to my huge disappointment :angry:.

Still reckon he'll go. Could be spun as being down to ill health possibly. He has developed pneumonia following his broken rib which led to a collapsed lung apparently.

Doesn't sound nice, I hope for him it's not getting worse. But probably stress has been another major factor in recent weeks.

I have to say that from the current board Fat Fred is the one I'd have least problems with to stay on. I said in the past that it only needed a more professional set up at boardroom level (I pointed to all those roles marked as vacant).

It's no surprise that all those family cronies from the Halls and Shepherds getting axed though. I could have predicted that as well. B)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see Mr Ashley wanting a bozo like shepherd left at the club, shouting his mouth off all the time - I stated when all this kicked off that i didn't think he ponced about in his business dealings - looks like i was right - untenable position i think is the city speak for fatties plight

Good to see Ashley starting a proper clearout of the club!

Be interesting to see how much Big Sam get's to spend, as things stand with the money for Parker coming in, we haven't actually spent anything yet to get Barton and Viduka, and if/when we sign Rozehnal we won't really have spent much at all.

With Allardyce's ability to get bargains in, if he does that and gets big money to spend he will transform our squad.

With Allardyce's ability to get bargains in, if he does that and gets big money to spend he will transform our squad.

I'm apprehensive about Sam's ability in the transfer market, his previous tactics seems to be to get ten players in on frees or for very little and hope that 2 or 3 of them are decent and nobody mentions the rest of them, he can't do that now that he has money to spend.

I'm apprehensive about Sam's ability in the transfer market, his previous tactics seems to be to get ten players in on frees or for very little and hope that 2 or 3 of them are decent and nobody mentions the rest of them, he can't do that now that he has money to spend.

I'm sure we won't see that here as he can go for proven players with the money he'll have. What i mean is he acts quickly and doesn't just go for big money signings, so he's got Viduka on a free and but for Chelski would have had Haim for nowt as well, and he wanted Distin but wasn't up and running here in time.

But i agree we don't want complete wastes of space clogging up the squad, and i don't expect it to happen either.

alex ITK'd me on this news a week ago today which gives him new cast-iron ITK status in my book. B)

Aye but he also said that FS was to be kicked out which appears to be wide of the mark, so half marks for him due to my huge disappointment B).

Still reckon he'll go. Could be spun as being down to ill health possibly. He has developed pneumonia following his broken rib which led to a collapsed lung apparently.

EAT MY GOAL

SHEPHERD STAYS!!!!

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Freddy Shepherd is staying on as Newcastle United chairman - at Toon billionaire Mike Ashley's request.

The Sunday Sun can confirm Shepherd will be the only survivor of a United board meeting at St James's Park tomorrow.

All other directors of the club, including Douglas Hall, have agreed to stand down and be replaced by Ashley-appointed business experts.

And we can also reveal that Shepherd volunteered to join the exodus . . . only for Ashley (left) to persuade him to remain on board.

Shepherd - who sold his stake in United to Ashley for £37.6 million earlier this month, will return to his chairman's duties when he completes his recovery from pneumonia and a collapsed lung in early July.

"Mike Ashley and his team want Freddy Shepherd to stay, and he is staying," a Newcastle source told the Sunday Sun.

"There is a board meeting on Monday - probably at St James's Park - where the board, excluding Freddy Shepherd, will step down and the new board will be appointed.

"Ashley won't be there, but everything is agreed. Four directors will resign after being told by him that he wanted to bring in his own team."

The source added: "Freddy Shepherd felt it might be the appropriate time to end his 16-year association with the club, what with his brother Bruce and friend Douglas Hall both resigning, and his recent illness.

"But Ashley felt that Shepherd's experience and knowledge of the club was indispensable as it enters a period of transition.

"Every business needs continuity, and Shepherd is the man who has a strong personal relationship with the club's sponsors and backers - and therefore their loyalty - as well as contacts within football itself.

"Shepherd is now looking forward to working with the new owner and is optimistic that Ashley can move Newcastle forward."

Quitting the Newcastle board tomorrow will be executive director Douglas Hall, his sister Allison Antonopoulos, fellow non-executive director Timothy Revill and Shepherd's brother, Bruce.

Their resignations come with Ashley now owning around 80 per cent of United shares and having until 1pm on Thursday to boost his stake to more than 90 per cent and take the club into private ownership.

Doesn't he have that two year option in his contract? Maybe Ashley is thinking of exercising that, keeping him until the end of the two years and then letting him go with no pay off.

Yep, effectively he needed 3.4% from that point to gain control as beyond 90%+1 the remaining shares are as good as his.

That equates to around 4.5m shares. 500,000 have gone through this morning, though they may not all be to SJHL.

Edited by Matt

Yep, effectively he needed 3.4% from that point to gain control as beyond 90%+1 the remaining shares are as good as his.

That equates to around 4.5m shares. 500,000 have gone through this morning, though they may not all be to SJHL.

I think anyone else who was buying shares at 101p with the major shareholder close to reach 90% would need his head sorted... :huh:

Maybe, but given the timing of the two transactions, it looks as though someone has shifted 250,000 shares onto a third party who has lumped them with a handful of others to sell to SJHL.

09:36:38 26-Jun-2007 101.00 253,896 256,434.96 Ordinary Trade

09:35:52 26-Jun-2007 101.00 250,000 252,500.00 Market Maker to Market Maker including through IDB

Impossible to tell one way or the other really.

Maybe, but given the timing of the two transactions, it looks as though someone has shifted 250,000 shares onto a third party who has lumped them with a handful of others to sell to SJHL.

09:36:38 26-Jun-2007 101.00 253,896 256,434.96 Ordinary Trade

09:35:52 26-Jun-2007 101.00 250,000 252,500.00 Market Maker to Market Maker including through IDB

Impossible to tell one way or the other really.

Ah, I see now what you mean. I am still unsure what sense the involvement of a third party would make though.