***Takeover News***

smoggeordie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh i think leazes got found out.

wasn't a bad bloke mind, just allowed opinion to cloud his judgement.

His crack is good on howaythetoon but he's still going on the same on N-O as he did on here from what I can tell - 5th best, you lot don't know what a shit board is etc. I thought he was alright too but I don't think he's that missed on here as he had become a bit of a self-parody to say the least.

His crack is good on howaythetoon but he's still going on the same on N-O as he did on here from what I can tell - 5th best, you lot don't know what a shit board is etc. I thought he was alright too but I don't think he's that missed on here as he had become a bit of a self-parody to say the least.

I liked and got on with him but I still cannot get my head round the fact that he stopped posting after Baggio had dug up his old post on Souness and "spat the dummy" with the forum, yet now has Baggio as a mod on his forum? :huh:

Edited by Scottish Mag

I liked and got on with him but I still cannot get my head round the fact that he stopped posting after Baggio had dug up his old post on Souness and "spat the dummy" with the forum, yet now has Baggio as a mod on his forum? :huh:

To err is human. To forgive is divine :date:

Don't know if already posted:

New Directors appointed to Newcastle United PLC following Offer

by St James Holdings Limited being declared unconditional

Chris Mort and Steve Hayward were today appointed as Directors of Newcastle United PLC.

Chris Mort will be the Company’s Deputy Chairman, and will lead a strategic review of the Club, including its existing infrastructure, contractual arrangements, staff and financial position.

Chris is a partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, the international law firm and will go on special leave for the period of the appointment. At Freshfields, Chris co-heads the firm’s leisure sector group, which covers the sports, gaming and hotel sectors. He advised Mike Ashley on the acquisition of Newcastle United.

Steve Hayward is an experienced commercial manager who has spent much of his working life in areas related to sport and leisure, including time with Universal/Paramount, Coca-Cola and Sports Direct. He has extensive experience of licensing, sponsorship and sports retailing. Whilst at Coca‑Cola, Steve managed their UK sponsorship programme, which saw him work with all the major participants in English football.

Chris Mort commented:

“I am delighted to take on this role. Newcastle United is a fantastic football club with a wonderful set of supporters. My first task is to lead a review of all aspects of the Club and I look forward to starting that work immediately.”

Edited by Isegrim

I bet people who have been getting free tickets etc through shepherd and his clan for years will now find themselves at the bottom of the pile when Shepherd gets told 'sorry Fat man you can have your standard 4 ticket allocation and be happy with it'.

"planning" and "qualifications"

It has disaster written all over it...

:blink: What have the Romans ever done for us??

Like a lot of Newcastle supporters, I will be having a drink tonight in celebration.

The hangers-on and parasites have left the club - at long fucking last. Hoorah.

I liked and got on with him but I still cannot get my head round the fact that he stopped posting after Baggio had dug up his old post on Souness and "spat the dummy" with the forum, yet now has Baggio as a mod on his forum? :blink:

To err is human. To forgive is divine ;)

Don't think the problem was with Baggio it was the fact that the post had been edited he reckons.

I liked and got on with him but I still cannot get my head round the fact that he stopped posting after Baggio had dug up his old post on Souness and "spat the dummy" with the forum, yet now has Baggio as a mod on his forum? :blink:

To err is human. To forgive is divine ;)

Don't think the problem was with Baggio it was the fact that the post had been edited he reckons.

Glad you put that bit on the end because it quite categorically had not...

As of 5 minutes ago......

SJHL OWN MORE THAN 90% OF THE SHARES

;)

Considering the soap opera/circus that is NUFC its amazing how quickly we have went from being run by morons with Roeder and his team in charge to bringing in Big Sam, Ashley buying out the Halls and then Fat Fred and bringing in his people!

Throw in the fact we already have players in with more on the way, potentially big money available, the two key backroom people from Bolton likely to be here soon and i still can't believe this is happening to be honest! :blink:

Edited by Papa Lazaru

As of 5 minutes ago......

SJHL OWN MORE THAN 90% OF THE SHARES

:razz:

Considering the soap opera/circus that is NUFC its amazing how quickly we have went from being run by morons with Roeder and his team in charge to bringing in Big Sam, Ashley buying out the Halls and then Fat Fred and bringing in his people!

Throw in the fact we already have players in with more on the way, potentially big money available, the two key backroom people from Bolton likely to be here soon and i still can't believe this is happening to be honest! :blink:

Biggest thing for me is that the players we've already brought in, haven't broke the bank and seem (on paper) to be very sound acquisitions. Instead of trophy signings, or "potential stars of the future" at an inflated price. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United, is poised to complete his buy-out of club shares after triggering a compulsory purchase of the remaining stock.

St James Holdings Limited, the company owned by the 42-year-old, this morning informed the London Stock Exchange they had reached an agreement to buy just under 95% of the shares before the close of trade yesterday. They will now activate their option to force the remaining stockholders to sell their outstanding share, with the remaining purchases expected to be completed by the end of next month.

Ashley bought over 40% of shares in May. On June 7 the Newcastle board recommended his takeover and he increased his stake at St James' Park to almost 80% over the following two weeks.

The retail billlionaire founded Sports World stores in 1982 and, according to the Sunday Times, is the 25th richest person in in the UK with an estimated £1.9 billion fortune.

Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United, is poised to complete his buy-out of club shares after triggering a compulsory purchase of the remaining stock.

St James Holdings Limited, the company owned by the 42-year-old, this morning informed the London Stock Exchange they had reached an agreement to buy just under 95% of the shares before the close of trade yesterday. They will now activate their option to force the remaining stockholders to sell their outstanding share, with the remaining purchases expected to be completed by the end of next month.

Ashley bought over 40% of shares in May. On June 7 the Newcastle board recommended his takeover and he increased his stake at St James' Park to almost 80% over the following two weeks.

The retail billlionaire founded Sports World stores in 1982 and, according to the Sunday Times, is the 25th richest person in in the UK with an estimated £1.9 billion fortune.

Swiiiiing!

• 2 years later...