Man Utd offer Smith for Newcastle's Owen

khay

Manchester United are ready to offer Alan Smith in a swap deal for Newcastle United striker Michael Owen.

The Sun says United are set to offer £4 million plus Smith for fellow England striker Owen. United are on red alert as Owen, 26, has yet to comment on suggestions he could invoke his ?9m get-out clause.

I know people are not so sure on Smith, however If Owen is going to leave this would give us another forward in who we know can do a job in the prem all though as people have said I'm not sure he would get us that many goals.

I still want Defoe if Owen or Martins leave. :unsure:

So what that means they are rating Smith at 5m > fuck off fergie you twat!

Sorry but I'm over Micky O the little cunt!

We are currently going through the greatest revolution our club has seen, something that has the potential to be bigger than the Keegan era and this little fucking no loyalty to anyone prick is currently holding us over a barrel by not committing to the club, the same club that helped him out when he need a platform to make the England team.

Fucking sell him to any club willing to pay the 9m in cash, no fucking jumped up valuations of deadwood you're trying to off load. Somewhere shit like villa preferably.

thing is he has said nothing at all. don't think his agent has either!

if he goes well i for one would not be gutted but he would be if fully fit the best goalscorer we have on the books.

i reckon he'd stick around until january, then do one once he's proved his match fitness.

can't stand defoe as a player, doesn't score enough goals.

I`m sure he would if he wasnt warming the bench so much, I think he would do well for us playing with Viduka. I would take Smith plus either Brown or O`shea for Owen, If Owen invokes his clause

As Allardyce has reported, the speculation on Owens future has died down lately and he seems to think that he's staying for the forseeable future.

Picture the following situation: - We hit the ground running at the start of the season, Vids and Owen both forming a formidable partnership with the Midfield providing steel and good movement and the defence keeping it tight at the back. Our position moves up and we find ourselves sitting in the top 5 come Xmas. Do you think Owen will still disappear or do you think it might be likely that he sticks around to see what happens until the end of the season?

At least I think we could argue that this doesn't trigger the release clause. If we want Smith I'd argue that we value him at, say, £1m. So Smith + £8million for Owen would be ok so long as we but another striker too. I'd rather keep Owen though.

At least I think we could argue that this doesn't trigger the release clause. If we want Smith I'd argue that we value him at, say, £1m. So Smith + £8million for Owen would be ok so long as we but another striker too. I'd rather keep Owen though.

That's about the only way I'd be happy with this deal. To sell a player who (if fit) guarantees 15-20 goals a season and replace him with one who struggles to get near double figures would be stupid.

Unfortunately Owen has to go unless we can get some assurances out of him he wants to stay longer than half the season. Remember allegedly his release clause drops even more in the next transfer window.

Unfortunately Owen has to go unless we can get some assurances out of him he wants to stay longer than half the season. Remember allegedly his release clause drops even more in the next transfer window.

Aye, I know what you're saying it's just I don't think Smith + £4million is the best deal we can get for him.

I really want us to hang onto Owen as I would love to see him play for us in a good team with good players around him.

Me too. Unfortunately, whilst he has this release clause he has NUFC over a barrel which makes things very difficult.

Like Alex says, £4m + Smith does NOT = Owen.

Aye, I know what you're saying it's just I don't think Smith + £4million is the best deal we can get for him.

Not arguing there Alex, see my post earlier.

Me I'd only accept cash for him, no over valued players in exchange.

I'd also try hawk him to a foreign club.

Not arguing there Alex, see my post earlier.

Me I'd only accept cash for him, no over valued players in exchange.

I'd also try hawk him to a foreign club.

I'm not arguing either. Makes a change, I know :unsure:

Manchester United are ready to offer Alan Smith in a swap deal for Newcastle United striker Michael Owen.

The Sun says United are set to offer £4 million plus Smith for fellow England striker Owen. United are on red alert as Owen, 26, has yet to comment on suggestions he could invoke his ?9m get-out clause.

I know people are not so sure on Smith, however If Owen is going to leave this would give us another forward in who we know can do a job in the prem all though as people have said I'm not sure he would get us that many goals.

I still want Defoe if Owen or Martins leave. :unsure:

your having a fucking laugh aren't ya

Sam stated yesterday that Michael leaving wasn't even an option on SSN.

Wasn't an option for who? If a club comes in for him and he wants to go then there isn't a fucking thing Sam can do about it.