Geremi

smoggeordie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully with him being free it can be sorted straight away and get it sorted very quickly.

Unless he's talking to anyone else (Villa have been mentioned) which would slow it all down.

I'd imagine Big Sam will have him convinced and have it done pretty sharpish though.

I think I'm going to enjoy this summer, not only are we being linked with pretty good players but there's actually a feeling of confidence we can sign them

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have opened talks with Geremi.

Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in the Chelsea utility man earlier this week and said he was looking to push through a deal as quickly as possible.

Chelsea are now understood to have given The Magpies permission to speak to Geremi and the Cameroonian has travelled to St James' Park for talks.

Geremi has been at Chelsea since 2003 and has made some useful contributions even if he has not established himself as a regular starter.

He can operate in midfield or at right-back and his versatility is sure to appeal to Allardyce.

If Geremi joins he will become Allardyce's fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Mark Viduka, Joey Barton and David Rozehnal.

Barcelona's Edmilson has also been linked with a move to Newcastle.

I think I'm going to enjoy this summer, not only are we being linked with pretty good players but there's actually a feeling of confidence we can sign them

I don't think that Geremi or the players we have already signed were unrealistic targets in past seasons.

I don't think that Geremi or the players we have already signed were unrealistic targets in past seasons.

You're right, roeder would be doing this well

I wasn't talking about the way they were being signed, I was talking about their quality, so far I don't think we've signed anyone outstanding.

Aye, it's a shame we didn't go for Henry when we had the chance....! ;)

I wasn't talking about the way they were being signed, I was talking about their quality, so far I don't think we've signed anyone outstanding.

Perhaps they're no better in quality, but they're a damned sight more applicable to our needs which I think both the previous two incumbents of the manager's chair failed to address.

As has been alluded to previously, Ashley is unable to plough the big money in until the club is de-listed (scheduled for 18th July).

I can't say for sure, but I'm hoping that at least one signing after this point will make people's eyes open.

Perhaps they're no better in quality, but they're a damned sight more applicable to our needs which I think both the previous two incumbents of the manager's chair failed to address.

As has been alluded to previously, Ashley is unable to plough the big money in until the club is de-listed (scheduled for 18th July).

I can't say for sure, but I'm hoping that at least one signing after this point will make people's eyes open.

I think we could still spend big on a deal if we wanted, much as i know nowt about finace! If they know come July 18th he'll plough the cash in then we can just spend the money from the clubs own resources anyway with him soon to replace it, and in most tranfers you don't pay it all up front anyway.

But either way i think we'll see some bigger spending allied to Big Sam's shrewd use of frees and cheaper players to build a "proper" squad, something we haven't had in ages.

for £16.5m he would have been a steal looking at the market today

for £16.5m he would have been a steal looking at the market today

I agree, but point being we wouldn't exactly attract him.

Our squad is getting stronger by the week with the kind of hard working quality players that we need rather than trophy signings. As mentioned before though, I'm sure there'll be one surprise before the season kicks off

something we all need to realise is that this is the first manager we have had in years where the board haven't interfered in the transfer selections of the manager.

good thing is he's addressing the weak points first and then will probably have the budget to sort out extra players that hopefully can make the difference, between being mediocre or being a top 5/top 6 club.

shame sir Bobby Robson wasn't allowed this priviledge.