West Ham In For Dyer

David Kelly

I have always felt that Emre could be another midfielder who would leave St James’ Park in the close season, and with Fenerbahce, Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin eyeing the Turkish inter-national this could still happen.

Nice to see Anal still sticking to some made up rumours from over a year ago... :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying Dyer is a better player than he;s made out. Sometimes he's fucking unplayable, the problem is never nearly enough to command a salary of over £4m a season. Really it's sad to say, but cutting all ties with Dyer might not be such a bad thing particularly if we get a hefty transfer fee.

Different players I'll accept, but I'd rather have Kevin Nolan than Kieron Dyer, we'd certainly make a profit on the two deals if they happened. A midfield of Nolan and Barton, while being similar, would be a winner for the toon.

Will you fucking stop it! You're stalking me with agreement today!

Dyer is almost the perfect squad player in that he can come into the team and play in every position in midfield and up front, which is why he makes the England bench when he's fit, the problem for us though is his wages are far bigger than we should be spending on such a player.

He's a player who's pace stretches teams and as DK pointed out under Robson he was one of our better player when we made 3 top 5 finishes, his problem seems to be lack of motivation which hasn't been helped by shite managers and the injuries he's picked up, he seems to have put that behind him and with Allardyce as manager I'm hoping it'll come together for him this season.

People moan that he doesn't score enough goals but if he did get into double figures every season he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league, he's a far bigger asset to the team than Milner IMO.

Guest stevieintoon
People saying Dyer is a better player than he;s made out. Sometimes he's fucking unplayable, the problem is never nearly enough to command a salary of over £4m a season. Really it's sad to say, but cutting all ties with Dyer might not be such a bad thing particularly if we get a hefty transfer fee.

Different players I'll accept, but I'd rather have Kevin Nolan than Kieron Dyer, we'd certainly make a profit on the two deals if they happened. A midfield of Nolan and Barton, while being similar, would be a winner for the toon.

Not with a fee of anywhere near £2m for Dyer. I bet Bolton would be looking for nearer £10m than £2m!

£2m are you taking the piss? £8m at least.

I think Nolan is a pretty average player tbh, he's someone who's scored a few goals because he's played as the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3, meaning he has little in the way of defensive responsibilites, his goal record has been boosted because he took the penalties up until last year yet when Gary Speed took over Nolan only managed 4 goals last season.

Even the Bolton fans don't rate him that highly and I'd hope we'd go for someone technically superior to him.

Not with a fee of anywhere near £2m for Dyer. I bet Bolton would be looking for nearer £10m than £2m!

£2m are you taking the piss? £8m at least.

2mil is the figure that Anal (yes I know) is reporting.

West Ham are probably the only club around who might want him and would be daft enough to match the wages he's on here.

he's worth keeping even if he only plays half the games in a season

And you call Viduka a lazy fat ozzie :lol:

You truly have a fucked up valuation of a player worth to a team don't you Dan?

when dyer is fit he is an asset to the team. i don't think his ability comes into his question; it's his injury history that lets him down.

viduka seems to me the kind of player that only turns up when he fancies it. hope i'm wrong like because he's got loads of talent when he does turn up.

plus he's as fat as all offside.

Dyer is almost the perfect squad player in that he can come into the team and play in every position in midfield and up front, which is why he makes the England bench when he's fit, the problem for us though is his wages are far bigger than we should be spending on such a player.

He's a player who's pace stretches teams and as DK pointed out under Robson he was one of our better player when we made 3 top 5 finishes, his problem seems to be lack of motivation which hasn't been helped by shite managers and the injuries he's picked up, he seems to have put that behind him and with Allardyce as manager I'm hoping it'll come together for him this season.

People moan that he doesn't score enough goals but if he did get into double figures every season he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league, he's a far bigger asset to the team than Milner IMO.

spot on. it's just a shame he's always crocked.

Guest stevieintoon

I think Nolan is a pretty average player tbh, he's someone who's scored a few goals because he's played as the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3, meaning he has little in the way of defensive responsibilites, his goal record has been boosted because he took the penalties up until last year yet when Gary Speed took over Nolan only managed 4 goals last season.

Even the Bolton fans don't rate him that highly and I'd hope we'd go for someone technically superior to him.

I think he's one of the most underrated players in the Premiership. Technically I think he's superb. My gaffa is a Bolton fan and he rates him as the most consistent player they've had in the last 20 years. I can't disagree with that point of view. He's got a brilliant engine and is an absolutely vital part of Bolton Wanderers FC, as a player and as a bloke. As for him only scoring 4 goals, pah, two less than Barton who's the new superstar?!? He's scored a goal every 6 games in his career, which I feel is adequate, and it's also worth pointing out is the same ratio, as the "limitlessly gifted potentially etc", Shola Ameobi. I'd be delighted with his signing.

spot on. it's just a shame he's always crocked.

I'm convinced I read somewhere that the same guy who worked on michael ownes hamstring is the same guy who worked on Dyers, if so then fingers crossed we wont see him breaking down this season (unless he runs into another pole)

Id quite like to see what Sam can do with Dyer. Id also think that £2M would get us next to nothing and I would value him more than that. Current English midfielder? Has to be worth more like. Id at least keep him until the winter and see how he's looked.

Id quite like to see what Sam can do with Dyer. Id also think that £2M would get us next to nothing and I would value him more than that. Current English midfielder? Has to be worth more like. Id at least keep him until the winter and see how he's looked.

In the current market it would be insane to let him go for £2m, wages, injuries and everything else taken into account.

for me it's like getting rid of Hughes.

not enough money to get a good replacement and he does a decent Job.

I do think he adds a lot to the team, not neccesarily by his own direct influence, but he seems to bring the best out of players like Emre, Solano and N'Zogbia. His quick passing and eagerness to make himself available makes their life easier and the flow of our football smoother.

I'd rather not lose him to a premiership team and certainly not before we have a chance to see how Big Sam intends to play his football. A fit Kieron Dyer is an asset to any team and anyone who disagrees is coloured by years of evidence to the contrary.

£2m is a joke for a player who is still in the England reckoning. If Reo-Coker is worth £8m and Richardson £5m then Dyer is definitely worth more than that. I dont think Allardyce would get rid if he didnt have someone already in. Wouldnt give those cheating cockneys him for that price anyway.

for me it's like getting rid of Hughes.

not enough money to get a good replacement and he does a decent Job.

I do think he adds a lot to the team, not neccesarily by his own direct influence, but he seems to bring the best out of players like Emre, Solano and N'Zogbia. His quick passing and eagerness to make himself available makes their life easier and the flow of our football smoother.

I'd rather not lose him to a premiership team and certainly not before we have a chance to see how Big Sam intends to play his football. A fit Kieron Dyer is an asset to any team and anyone who disagrees is coloured by years of evidence to the contrary.

:lol:

Dyer is the kind of player that looks good, but isn't really a good player. A typical modern day Premiership player in many respects. He doesn't use his pace to good effect, doesn't deliver an end product and positionally he's a bit of a misfit. He hasn't developed at all from the promising youngster we signed and while various managers, fitness issues and being played all over the shop haven't helped, neither has his attitude. At 27 or 28 now, he's past his best, and his best was never really good enough.

Too many variables have to happen or be put in place for him to be an asset and really, he's not worth all the effort.

That said, I'm more than interested to see what Big Sam can do with him.

£2m is a joke for a player who is still in the England reckoning. If Reo-Coker is worth £8m and Richardson £5m then Dyer is definitely worth more than that. I dont think Allardyce would get rid if he didnt have someone already in. Wouldnt give those cheating cockneys him for that price anyway.

Exactly, in terms of the current transfer market £2m isn't worht thinking about. Also he seems to have got over alot of his injury problems so i'm buggered if we're going to finally sort that out and let somebody else have him play all the time!

Plus i want to see what Big Sam can get out of him as a player. And as people have said we would then have to find another player to replace him and he is one of the few players with pace in our midfield/attack.

Dyer is quick, but his biggest asset for me was his versatility and stamina but since he returned from his long injury lay-off, that energy seems to be missing from his game and could well be on the wane, especially if reports about his health problems are true. As I've already pointed out I think his pace is overrated anyway because he doesn't really use it to any great effect. As for the price, I'd say that is quite reasonable for a player with such a shocking return of games over the years who also has attitude and disciplinary issues (and what about those health rumours?). You also have to remember his wages, which are very high and saving on those and getting some money for him would be, in my opinion, a good bit of business. Can't see it happening though, seems Big Sam rates him. More is the pity. Triosi could take his place in the squad BTW, if we were to sell.

Dyer is quick, but his biggest asset for me was his versatility and stamina but since he returned from his long injury lay-off, that energy seems to be missing from his game and could well be on the wane, especially if reports about his health problems are true.

I'm intrigued about that myself, to see what happens this season under Big Sam. Because i agree with you he had amazing stamina and energy and could run up and down the pitch all day, but after his great start last season he slumped and didn't look to have the same energy he used to.

Well, it's sell him now (if the reports are true) or stick with him as I can't see anyone else signing until his contract is up. It would be a hell of a weight off the wage bill.

The Independent

West Ham United are considering a move for Newcastle United's Kieron Dyer after learning that their £6.1m signing Julien Faubert will be out for at least six months with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

However, given the England international's injury record - and his £80,000-a-week wages - West Ham would be unwilling to pay the £6m Newcastle are likely to hope to gain for the 28-year-old, who has two years left on his present contract.

Despite public statements that he wants Dyer to stay, it is understood that the Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is willing to listen to offers for the midfielder, who has previously attracted interest from Tottenham. However, Newcastle's inertia in the transfer market has made it less likely that Allardyce will sell.

Faubert, who was bought as a replacement for Yossi Benayoun, was injured during West Ham's 1-0 friendly defeat against Czech side Sigma Olomouc. The 23-year-old, who arrived from Bordeaux less than three weeks ago, is due to undergo surgery today with manager Alan Curbishley describing the injury as a "devastating blow".

West Ham have had to reassess their transfer targets and if they did buy Dyer, he would become the fourth former Newcastle player on their books following the arrival of Scott Parker for £7m and Craig Bellamy for £7.5m to add to Lee Bowyer.

West Ham have also hit back at claims by Carlos Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian that the club have made "inconsistent" statements about the striker's status. Joorabchian has grown frustrated at the delay in Tevez's £35m transfer to Manchester United and claimed that West Ham had made "promises and assurances" about the 23-year-old that they had not acted on. That is thought to relate to an email he received authorising him to speak to other clubs about Tevez's sale.

Fifa is to examine the proposed transfer and the government has also apparently intervened to request that the issue of "third party ownership" of players is cleared up by world football's governing body.

West Ham, who are under pressure from the Premier League and face the threat of a second disciplinary inquiry, hit back by stating that they "totally reject the latest outburst and threats issued in the name of Kia Joorabchian".

In a statement the club added: "Mr Joorabchian entered into agreements with the previous regime at West Ham at a time in which he was attempting to take over the club. Those arrangements, since terminated by West Ham, led the club into disciplinary difficulties for which the club has paid a heavy price."

Sir Alex Ferguson, meanwhile, admits that Alan Smith and Guiseppe Rossi are likely to leave United when Tevez arrives. The pair have been the subject of bids - United want £6m for Smith and £10m for Rossi . Middlesbrough have shown a keen interest in Smith, whileParma want to retain Rossi, who was on loan there last season.

Ferguson confirmed that Liverpool have offered £6m for Gabriel Heinze - but ruled out the defender moving to Anfield.