West Ham In For Dyer

David Kelly

No article up yet as far as I can see.

I still think Dyer is a very underrated player amongst our fans who seem to forget how important he was to us when we were in the top five.

That said I'm still not sure how we can best use him but I don't think we really want to be losing any more players (Carr and Babyarou excepted) from our paper thin squad.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No article up yet as far as I can see.

I still think Dyer is a very underrated player amongst our fans who seem to forget how important he was to us when we were in the top five.

That said I'm still not sure how we can best use him but I don't think we really want to be losing any more players (Carr and Babyarou excepted) from our paper thin squad.

Any idea of price?

I read that on skunkers and assumed it was a piss take.

The Chronicle were only saying yesterday that any potential buyer would struggle to get him insured due to his history.

Not sure if Sam would want to sell him, but the lad on skunkers said £2m, which is a terrible price in this market. Especially as it's West Ham.

Edited by Barney

Hammers eye Dyer swoop

Jul 19 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Kieron Dyer

WEST Ham United want to take Kieron Dyer to Upton Park to link up with his former Newcastle United colleagues Craig Bellamy Scott Parker and Lee Bowyer.

And I believe that if Hammers boss Alan Curbishley can put together an offer which will appeal to United then Sam Allardyce will be prepared to listen and Dyer will be allowed to leave after eight years at St James’ Park.

Dyer’s history of injuries during those eight years have been well documented and any club signing the 28-year-old international could have a problem insuring him.

That’s why sources in East London told me today that West Ham would only be prepared to pay a couple of million for Dyer and the rest on a pay-per-game basis.

Whether this will be acceptable to United or Dyer remains to be seen.

Allardyce told me at Hartlepool on Tuesday night that he expected Dyer to be “a major force not only with United but England as well” next season.

But I am not 100% certain that Dyer will still be a United player at the start of the season.

Dyer was deep in conversation with Allardyce’s first-team coach Nigel Pearson on the pitch at Hartlepool after the final whistle on Tuesday night.

The former Ipswich man clearly looked distressed as Pearson attempted to console him in full view of the media and the stragglers leaving the ground.

And if Dyer is unhappy at St James’ Park then Allardyce will not try to keep him, even though he has another couple of seasons on his lucrative contract with the club.

On his last appearance at St James’ Park in the defeat by Blackburn, Dyer and his pal Titus Bramble were both jeered by some United supporters when they were substituted, and this is something which did not please either player.

Bramble has gone, of course, and it would not surprise me in the least if Dyer followed him.

There was talk of Dyer joining another of his pals Jermaine Jenas at Spurs, but this has not materialised.

Dyer is on big bucks but he will know that West Ham could match this as money is no object to new owner Eggert Magnusson.

And while Dyer had that notorious punch-up with Bowyer he is close to Bellamy, who has joined the Hammers for £7.5m from Liverpool.

I have always felt that Emre could be another midfielder who would leave St James’ Park in the close season, and with Fenerbahce, Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin eyeing the Turkish inter-national this could still happen.

But if Dyer and Emre were to leave, Allardyce would have to find replacements – as well as a left-back and central defender before the start of the season.

What the fuck is this btw?

Dyer was deep in conversation with Allardyce’s first-team coach Nigel Pearson on the pitch at Hartlepool after the final whistle on Tuesday night.

The former Ipswich man clearly looked distressed as Pearson attempted to console him in full view of the media and the stragglers leaving the ground.

Well, I am one of the few who still rate Dyer as a player. I think it will be not that easy to replace him.

But the club should have got rid of him long ago. His new and improved contract was sheer lunacy. So if a club really is coming up with some cash for him and helping to get rid of a player who is a symbol for a lot of things that went wrong in the past, then I would snap their hands...

Hammers eye Dyer swoop

Jul 19 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Kieron Dyer

WEST Ham United want to take Kieron Dyer to Upton Park to link up with his former Newcastle United colleagues Craig Bellamy Scott Parker and Lee Bowyer.

And I believe that if Hammers boss Alan Curbishley can put together an offer which will appeal to United then Sam Allardyce will be prepared to listen and Dyer will be allowed to leave after eight years at St James’ Park.

Dyer’s history of injuries during those eight years have been well documented and any club signing the 28-year-old international could have a problem insuring him.

That’s why sources in East London told me today that West Ham would only be prepared to pay a couple of million for Dyer and the rest on a pay-per-game basis.

Whether this will be acceptable to United or Dyer remains to be seen.

Allardyce told me at Hartlepool on Tuesday night that he expected Dyer to be “a major force not only with United but England as well” next season.

But I am not 100% certain that Dyer will still be a United player at the start of the season.

And if Dyer is unhappy at St James’ Park then Allardyce will not try to keep him, even though he has another couple of seasons on his lucrative contract with the club.

On his last appearance at St James’ Park in the defeat by Blackburn, Dyer and his pal Titus Bramble were both jeered by some United supporters when they were substituted, and this is something which did not please either player.

Bramble has gone, of course, and it would not surprise me in the least if Dyer followed him.

There was talk of Dyer joining another of his pals Jermaine Jenas at Spurs, but this has not materialised.

Dyer is on big bucks but he will know that West Ham could match this as money is no object to new owner Eggert Magnusson.

And while Dyer had that notorious punch-up with Bowyer he is close to Bellamy, who has joined the Hammers for £7.5m from Liverpool.

I have always felt that Emre could be another midfielder who would leave St James’ Park in the close season, and with Fenerbahce, Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin eyeing the Turkish inter-national this could still happen.

But if Dyer and Emre were to leave, Allardyce would have to find replacements – as well as a left-back and central defender before the start of the season.

£7m minimum IMO, I don't think he's worth that sort of money but he's a regular in the England squad and seems to be rated by people who don't see him week in week out.

Agreed he's not easy to replace, but I'm not sure how he's going to fit into the new set-up. As has been said, he's not been great out wide, and often looks disinterested there, and I don't think he's strong enough to be part of Sam's centre midfield. Perhaps on the right of a front three, where he can look to get inside, but other than that he's a bit of an odd un. And folk used to say he was versatile.

£2m would offer us very little in terms trying to bring in a replacement tbh and although we're certainly not in a desperate position time wise, the clock is ticking and we desperately need to bring at least another three defenders in. We could probably do without the distraction of having to replace Dyer too.

i'm unsure about this tbh, agreed he should have gone a while back, but when fit and if he can stay fit, then he is one of the best attacking midfielders, if Sam has someone lined up as a direct replacement then fine let him go, if not then he must stay

I'd put Dyer in the same bracket as Shola - I honestly think they have talent but feel they let us down too often so I generally think get rid if possible for a good deal.

Personally I can see Dyer running all the way to Upton Park just so he can link up with Bowyer again!

Everyone knows my opinion but I'll repeat it for anyone that missed it the first hundred times.

Get shot of the waster before he's back on the treatment table.

he's worth keeping even if he only plays half the games in a season

Effectively costing us around £160k pw then. His wages are a big drain on our resources for the return he gives us, he has fit for a long period last season and for the second half of the season didn't do much to justify his extorionate wages.

he's worth keeping even if he only plays half the games in a season

And you call Viduka a lazy fat ozzie :lol:

You truly have a fucked up valuation of a player worth to a team don't you Dan?

Guest stevieintoon

People saying Dyer is a better player than he;s made out. Sometimes he's fucking unplayable, the problem is never nearly enough to command a salary of over £4m a season. Really it's sad to say, but cutting all ties with Dyer might not be such a bad thing particularly if we get a hefty transfer fee.

Different players I'll accept, but I'd rather have Kevin Nolan than Kieron Dyer, we'd certainly make a profit on the two deals if they happened. A midfield of Nolan and Barton, while being similar, would be a winner for the toon.

People saying Dyer is a better player than he;s made out. Sometimes he's fucking unplayable, the problem is never nearly enough to command a salary of over £4m a season. Really it's sad to say, but cutting all ties with Dyer might not be such a bad thing particularly if we get a hefty transfer fee.

Different players I'll accept, but I'd rather have Kevin Nolan than Kieron Dyer, we'd certainly make a profit on the two deals if they happened. A midfield of Nolan and Barton, while being similar, would be a winner for the toon.

Not with a fee of anywhere near £2m for Dyer. I bet Bolton would be looking for nearer £10m than £2m!