What's Going Well For You?

ewerk

There must be something chaps!

As for me, I felt my exams went reasonably well, and providing I pass them I will be off to India for two months on Saturday. The alternative isn't worth contemplating! I get the results on Wednesday.

And I managed not to sleep with my housemate's girlfriend despite her apparent advances (I was hammered) last Friday night. Thank Christ.

I'll let you know when I find out tbh, things can't be going much worse for me right now.

I just came in here to say "fuck all" too.

:lol:

Sorry Mr. Face. :nufc:

Wasn't going to say owt, but everyone should count what blessings they have. I know this is meant to be a positive thread but my brothers 29 year old partner passed away today. 4 months after the birth of their son. Totally gutted. The Happy Face is stuggling to stay that way. She had a serious Brain tumour last year, beat it, had the most gorgeous bairn and then succumbed to bowel cancer. 29 is no age.

I'll let you know when I find out tbh, things can't be going much worse for me right now.

Wasn't going to say owt, but everyone should count what blessings they have. I know this is meant to be a positive thread but my brothers 29 year old partner passed away today. 4 months after the birth of their son. Totally gutted. The Happy Face is stuggling to stay that way. She had a serious Brain tumour last year, beat it, had the most gorgeous bairn and then succumbed to bowel cancer. 29 is no age.

That is truly tragic news :huff:

My commiserations mate to your whole family and in particular the bairn who won't get to see the great woman that I'm sure his mother was. Things just aren't fair mate. :huff:

That's horrific, really sorry to hear it.

Cheers lads*, just reading an Ingmar Bergman obituary with a line from one of his films that hit home.

"If there is a God, he’s a shit, and I’d like to kick him in the butt."

Since it's a "what's going well" thread we can count our blessings she had what time she had with the beautiful boy she always wanted and he's got a doting dad and family that will now spoil him all the more.

His first season ticket is on me. :nufc:

*EDIT: and lasses.

Edited by Happy Face

That's really sad. Sorry to hear about it mate - 29 of all ages.

As for me, nothing too exciting has been happening. Not been doing much recently other than winning cricket matches but should be going camping with friends quite soon, which should be fun. Not before results day however which I'm not looking forward too. Feeling really bored at the moment and generally a bit annoyed with some people, but nevermind that.

Is that the kid you posted a photo of in toon babygrow a while back? Tragic that he's lost his mother before he knew her, but it sounds like the rest of his family will always be there for him.

That's the fella, had him in my ava a little while ago too.

14072007194wr4.th.jpg

And he's going very well.

really sorry to hear that HF but be safe in the knowledge that he will always have the rest of the family to be there and to let him know how special she was x

Edited by Radgina

God Happy Face, that's awful to hear mate, truly awful. I can only echo the sentiments of others. It's a blessing that they had the child though, the one postive at this time.

Sorry to hear that HF, there really is nothing anyone can say to make it feel any less of a bastard.

I wasn't going to put this in after hearing that, but as this is supposed to be a positive thread then I'll try to get it back on track; my mam was told she was in remission yesterday.

Terrible to hear HF - can only begin to imagine the hell he's going through :nufc:

On the flip side that's terrific news SLP - hope she continues to be on the mend :lol:

Happy Face, I'm sure that none of us can imagine what your brother and family are going through at the moment. The passing of his partner is just unfair and tragic. However, she has left your brother the most precious gift that anyone can. That little one will give your brother a reason to get up in the morning, to laugh and smile and not feel guilty, and to bring your family even closer together. You will all grieve and wonder why this had to happen but your lives will go on - just as hers goes on through that precious little boy. What an amazing legacy to leave behind. Stay strong and take care petal.

SLP - your mother is tough as old boots. That's fantastic news :lol:

Well today I saw the nurse about my very sore right plum. Went to see one in Yorkshire about it after the lad here had probs with his. They sent me an appointment for a scan on the 20th of April. I got the letter on the 21st. The first time I asked them for a scan they just didnt send a letter. Decided to wait til I was back home. Past two weeks have been hurting! Too much info :nufc:

Anyway, I feel better now its being sorted out to some degree.

Dentist tomorrow though :lol:

House buying is going through, new job stuff is coming through. Less skint than I was 4 weeks ago by a long way. All in all a good day really.

Oh, and havent had a fag since 10am. Got stuff for that too and reckon I will stick with it this time......and went for a run for the first time in 2 months too. :huff: