Dyer Quit Fears

Matty

Dyer quit fears

Jul 25 2007

Evening Chronicle

Kieron Dyer may be forced to leave Newcastle United because of "family problems".

United boss Sam Allardyce, speaking at a press conference ahead of the friendly at home to Celtic tomorrow night, revealed that the England midfielder's future was in the balance.

"At this time Kieron hasn't handed in an official transfer request, but if these problems cannot be resolved we will have to let him go," he said.

The news is bound to alert West Ham, whose interest in Dyer was revealed in the Chronicle last week and who could offer the player the chance to move to a club nearer to his family home in Ipswich.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the stage of the transfer window, and the fact that we've got a canny thin squad and other areas on which to be focussing our spending, I'll not be all that joyful if we lose the player through circumstances like this.

didnt Dyer piss off the wrong person/family from Wallsend awhile ago

It's not unlikely, he's been pissing off the majority of St James' park for the past 8 years.

Ambivalent would be the word here... whatever the outcome, leaves for a fee or stays, can't say I'd be overjoyed or gutted :baby:

Would just be a bunch of things that happened.

Given the stage of the transfer window, and the fact that we've got a canny thin squad and other areas on which to be focussing our spending, I'll not be all that joyful if we lose the player through circumstances like this.

Exactly he will be another body to replace at this late stage when we allready are struggling to get players in that we need in other area's.

Alternatively we could look at it as an oppertunity to bring a creative midfielder who actually performs to replace him!

Surely things like this should be kept behind closed doors. Why announce it to the world ffs?

Now West Ham are fully aware of the situation and will no doubt try and get him for a cut down price. :baby:

Kieron Dyer will always have my utmost respect for utterly ripping the piss out of Renton when he asked him for an autograph. :baby:

That said, and I know you're joking anyway, it helps demonstrate what he's like. Not that that particularly matters. I think though, given he scored a few last season and stayed fit throughout (and this may seem strange) now might be the time to cash-in. I think his legs have gone slightly in terms of stamina and if he loses any pace (which I suspect he may have done already) his game won't be the same. The things against selling im for me is the small squad, the lack of pace and movement about the squad, the injury to Barton and the inevitable injuries to Emre (who I don't particularly rate in any case). He needs replacing, and quickly, if we do sell him.

I like Dyer as a player, I know he's an arsehole and goes missing sometimes but that's down to weak managers not keeping him motivated and letting him stay in the comfort zone, he was one of our best players under Sir Bobby when we made the push up to a Champions League team and could do it again if he's got a good enough team around him.

He'd be a great player for Spurs and would give them the pace and penetration they need to push them up to the next level.

He'd be a great player for Spurs and would give them the pace and penetration they need to push them up to the next level.

Aye but we're talking about football not alledged (:baby:) cocaine abuse. :baby:

.cock are reporting it. Out on his arse I reckon for a minmum fee, and knowing us, probably wont be replaced.

Anybody any idea about the problem?

His sister? The stupid mystery illness?

seems pretty obvious BS wants shot of him but I would be very surprised if a) we didnt get a good price for him and :baby: he doesnt have some replacements ready.

or perhaps Im just believing all the hype about how great Sam is :baby:

Surely things like this should be kept behind closed doors. Why announce it to the world ffs?

Now West Ham are fully aware of the situation and will no doubt try and get him for a cut down price. :baby:

It's been rumoured for a while now that he's looking out, I'm sure Dyer's agent has ensured that all potential suitors have already been fully briefed as to the situation.

if we can sign a quality attacking midfielder to replace him then yeah let him go. altho we have got luque and troisi who can play that position

Luque and Troisi?!

Phew, that's alright then, I was starting to fear we might be left short...