Ashley's Newcastle future not black and white

Dr Gloom

Aye, that's the thing though, we're a few players short and we haven't signed as many as everyone thought we would have by now, therefore there's a disaster imminent. Kerayzee talk of epic proportions imo.

Maybe if Allardyce hadn't spent the last week saying that it's proving impossible to get players, certain people wouldn't be so worried?

Aye, it's his fault.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, you believe this story? And those are your reasons?

I don't think anyone really believes that he's about to sell up but I do believe that the situation at the club is a lot worse than Ashley originally thought.

Was I asking you what he thought like? :nufc:

I thought I told you to zip it? :lol:

Just to be clear, you believe this story? And those are your reasons?

I don't think anyone really believes that he's about to sell up but I do believe that the situation at the club is a lot worse than Ashley originally thought.

Was I asking you what he thought like? :nufc:

I thought I told you to zip it? :lol:

The Fenians still take the orders round my way sonny :huff:

Football is a straightforward business though...you win stuff, you earn money. Simple. If you settle for a mid table cautious approach, you aren't on the radar when the big players decide where to go. For all his faults, Shepherd's trophy signing mentality wasn't completely stupid.

I'm worried that we'll spend a whole year struggling, only for Mort/Ashley to :lol: strategically :nufc: decide that what we need are some new players.. :huff:

I thought we had a £30m windfall from SKY this year anyway.

Football is a straightforward business though...you win stuff, you earn money.

Well I wouldn't say it's quite that straight forward but I see you're point.

I'd like to know exactly what this strategic review encompasses, surely a review of playing staff/wages should be the first thing to be done so we could get a move on in the transfer market because one thing is very simple - if we don't sign a few quality players in the next month we will struggle again this season.

Football is a straightforward business though...you win stuff, you earn money. Simple. If you settle for a mid table cautious approach, you aren't on the radar when the big players decide where to go. For all his faults, Shepherd's trophy signing mentality wasn't completely stupid.

I'm worried that we'll spend a whole year struggling, only for Mort/Ashley to :lol: strategically :nufc: decide that what we need are some new players.. :huff:

Most West Ham fans thought they'd win stuff last season. It's not as straightforward as you make out.

I thought Mort was only being loaned to Newcastl;e from Sports Direct to look at the Business then they were going to get someone else in. If so then he may be looking for a cheif executive like at Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea. We were a PLC so all the debt will have to have been public so there should be nothing hidden.

Yeah, I thought that too. I know he's mates with the bloke from Spuds but wasn't there a rumour early on of someone like Dein coming in or did I imagine it? Can't remember exactly who it was, but I seem to recall it was a known name. Someone I thought would run us properly.

I'm worried that we'll spend a whole year struggling, only for Mort/Ashley to :lol: strategically :nufc: decide that what we need are some new players.. :razz:

Most West Ham fans thought they'd win stuff last season. It's not as straightforward as you make out.

Yes it is.. :huff:

If we keep with the squad we've got, we'll win fuck all. I didn't say spending money guarantees success, but the top teams do spend big. With a good manager (Allardyce) and a decent transfer fund we'll improve, without it we won't.

Fucking hell Dan, they only took over the club less than 2 weeks ago. It's not like they just hand over a dirty great big cheque book to Allardyce and say "off you go son, spend it well".

As has been suggested they're undertaking a strategic review of the way the whole club is run and given the obviously shitty mess we are in, it's going to be a little bit more involved than appointing new faces and letting them get about things their own way.

Every process within the club needs analysing and streamlining from top to bottom and that is definitely NOT an overnight thing. You might argue that this was not the right time to carry this out, well when was? We've all been baying for the removal of Shepherd for some time now and we've got it. We all said that we should change personnel at the end of a season. We've done it!!

Whenever this strategic review took place it was going to take time - and the sooner the better. I also think people's perceptions of the coming season are WAY too high as well. I expect us to consolidate our position, perhaps improve to just inside the top 10 and maybe have a decent run in one of the cups. Anything more than that will be a bonus IMO. This time next season I'd hope that we're in a much stronger position in the transfer market.

As for this summer, well Viduka, Rozenhal, Barton & Geremi have all come in and I expect we'll see more activity before the end of the window. This time last year we'd brought in Duff and that was it. On top of that we had Martins to come and that was about it!! (Sibierski, Bernard, Srnicek and Rossi on loan, I don't count).

We're taking steps forward IMO, and alright, they might not be as big as some people would hope, but it's something we haven't done for many years...

Well said. I echo those sentiments 100%

as he said above..you cant sort out 10 years of mismanagement in a few weeks

its going to take a few years to sort this club out ...that means the team and the running of the club

i cant believe that people expect success in 2 month....it will take years

fuk me i have waited long enough now and im sure i can wait a few more

peace out ffs

Edited by Knackers

Perhaps that's true but surely the past 10 years weren't all mis-managed?

its going to take a few years to sort this club out ...that means the team and the running of the club

Based on Keanes achievement at Blunderland WHY should it take a few years to sort out the team?

I don't expect success in 2 months but it had better not be years!

Fuck you, I've probably waited longer than you Knackers and at 74 I'm not sure I have a few more years to wait. Every day above ground is a bonus day for me.

peace out ffs

Far out ffs

Maybes they weren't all mis-managed but that doesn't mean it won't take a while to sort out... Did you actually watch our team last year, it was a fucking disgrace.

And comparing us to Keane/Sunderland... They were in the Championship ffs, he got plenty of money to spend considering what the other teams had, I could've got them promoted tbf, can you honestly see them being much kop in the Premiership this season?

Stop with all the fucking panic posting, calm the fuck down and stop getting angry when people tell you to calm down.

Edited by Besty

.............. Did you actually watch our team last year, it was a fucking disgrace.

As much as I could via Setanta, ESPN, our Fox Soccer Channel, sometimes GolTV, and LiveFooty on me computer. Actually saw a lot of our games last season.

And comparing us to Keane/Sunderland.....................................

Wasn't comparing us to Keane/Blunderland, just making an observation that it doesn't have to take a long time to get sorted especially if the right man is in the right place at the right time and it matters not what league.

Stop with all the fucking panic posting, calm the fuck down and stop getting angry when people tell you to calm down.

Tut tut, not really in the habit of panic posting, usually well thought out, curious, leading, and sometimes piss-taking just like this one, and when people tell me to calm down I take it in the spirit it is meant.

Fucking hell Dan, they only took over the club less than 2 weeks ago. It's not like they just hand over a dirty great big cheque book to Allardyce and say "off you go son, spend it well".

As has been suggested they're undertaking a strategic review of the way the whole club is run and given the obviously shitty mess we are in, it's going to be a little bit more involved than appointing new faces and letting them get about things their own way.

Every process within the club needs analysing and streamlining from top to bottom and that is definitely NOT an overnight thing. You might argue that this was not the right time to carry this out, well when was? We've all been baying for the removal of Shepherd for some time now and we've got it. We all said that we should change personnel at the end of a season. We've done it!!

Whenever this strategic review took place it was going to take time - and the sooner the better. I also think people's perceptions of the coming season are WAY too high as well. I expect us to consolidate our position, perhaps improve to just inside the top 10 and maybe have a decent run in one of the cups. Anything more than that will be a bonus IMO. This time next season I'd hope that we're in a much stronger position in the transfer market.

As for this summer, well Viduka, Rozenhal, Barton & Geremi have all come in and I expect we'll see more activity before the end of the window. This time last year we'd brought in Duff and that was it. On top of that we had Martins to come and that was about it!! (Sibierski, Bernard, Srnicek and Rossi on loan, I don't count).

We're taking steps forward IMO, and alright, they might not be as big as some people would hope, but it's something we haven't done for many years...

nah, i don't buy that like. there's no excuse for accepting another season of consolidation.

i accept that we may well end up struggling to improve on last season (especially with many of the teams around us spending big), but the new owners have to at least try and give us a fighting chance.

strategic review or not, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that we're in desparate need of new players. i don't think anyone's demanding that they break the bank while conducting a review into the club's finances but we should at least be outspending the likes of derby.

this is the year that every club receives a record lump sum from the tv money - the likes of spurs, liverpool, pompey, west ham and even fulham ffs have invested in their playing side. as far as i can tell we're down on numbers on last year's squad which itself was short in numbers.

allardyce isn't happy with our lack of progress so far in the transfer market and if we start the new season with a squad similar to what we have at the moment i won't be either.

Spot on!

The transfer window isn't closed yet, BS has said we'll get one maybe two defenders on top of the four players the club has brought in already.

This season is about consolidation. I agree 100%. There are no European fixtures to contend with so the squad can fully focus on the league as well as the cups. We shouldn't have to worry too much about a quagmire of fixtures. The players will be better rested and better prepared for games. If injuries are kind to us we can challenge for 6th spot. It's a big if though.

The club also has a massive debt, so I presume the majority of the TV money will go to wiping some of it off. We are in a much better position this time now, than this time last year imo. The club still has a bit of deadwood in it, but not nearly as much as a year ago. Hopefully this time next year, they will be gone and we are in a position to attract higher quality players to the club and aim for a top four position.

As things stand there is no chance of this team finishing 6th.

We basically have no fullbacks worth speaking of, only two centre backs (and Taylor picks up quite a few knocks), and going into the start of the season it's looking more and more like we will only have one propper central midfielder!

I don't think it's panicing to say we are in a pretty shitty state at the minute and if clubs like Derby, Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham and the makems can comfortably outspend us there appears to be something very wrong!

As things stand there is no chance of this team finishing 6th.

We basically have no fullbacks worth speaking of, only two centre backs (and Taylor picks up quite a few knocks), and going into the start of the season it's looking more and more like we will only have one propper central midfielder!

I don't think it's panicing to say we are in a pretty shitty state at the minute and if clubs like Derby, Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham and the makems can comfortably outspend us there appears to be something very wrong!

exactly. the time to really panic is after the transfer window closes but if the new owners don't get their arses into gear we might end up having no option but to bring in more players like sibierski and bernard.

Spot on!

The transfer window isn't closed yet, BS has said we'll get one maybe two defenders on top of the four players the club has brought in already.

This season is about consolidation. I agree 100%. There are no European fixtures to contend with so the squad can fully focus on the league as well as the cups. We shouldn't have to worry too much about a quagmire of fixtures. The players will be better rested and better prepared for games. If injuries are kind to us we can challenge for 6th spot. It's a big if though.

The club also has a massive debt, so I presume the majority of the TV money will go to wiping some of it off. We are in a much better position this time now, than this time last year imo. The club still has a bit of deadwood in it, but not nearly as much as a year ago. Hopefully this time next year, they will be gone and we are in a position to attract higher quality players to the club and aim for a top four position.

no it fucking isn't!

we've been consolidating ever since sir bobby was sacked.

if we invest in the right areas we could get back among the top 6.

there's no excuse for accepting another season of consolidation.

i accept that we may well end up struggling to improve on last season

Your first quote here contradicts what I've said and the second one supports what I've said - so which is to be?

strategic review or not, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that we're in desparate need of new players. i don't think anyone's demanding that they break the bank while conducting a review into the club's finances but we should at least be outspending the likes of derby.

If you are conducting a strategic review, EVERY process needs to analysed otherwsie the whole process will become disjointed and be a complete waste of time and money. It's no use saying that we'll forget about looking into how the transfer process is carried out for now as we'll only end up in the same shitty mess again. Then you're probably looking at yet another year of consolidation on top! Ashley and Mort seem to be doing things methodically and carefully. I'd rather we took time and get it right than rush it and it all be fucked up again.

this is the year that every club receives a record lump sum from the tv money - the likes of spurs, liverpool, pompey, west ham and even fulham ffs have invested in their playing side. as far as i can tell we're down on numbers on last year's squad which itself was short in numbers.

How many of them are in the same position that we're in?? None of them! The only other club in the Premiership that is going through this at the moment is Man City and they're hardly running amok in the market.

allardyce isn't happy with our lack of progress so far in the transfer market and if we start the new season with a squad similar to what we have at the moment i won't be either.

Allardyce is making noises to the press in the same way he did at Bolton - it's his way of communicating. He must wonder what the fuck he's come to as the bloke who employed him has now gone.

I don't understand though. Ashley has more money than a person could possibly want. There is practically NOTHING he can't do for the want of money. More money will only mean "more money" to him.

The thrill of running a football club and seeing it win things is surely something beyond walking away £50m richer. Abramovich genuinely seems to get a kick out of seeing Chelsea win. I appreciate Ashley isn't a fan (yet) but why come in and try to balance the books?

Perhaps that's true but surely the past 10 years weren't all mis-managed?

Based on Keanes achievement at Blunderland WHY should it take a few years to sort out the team?

I don't expect success in 2 months but it had better not be years!

Fuck you, I've probably waited longer than you Knackers and at 74 I'm not sure I have a few more years to wait. Every day above ground is a bonus day for me.

peace out ffs

Far out ffs

Leazes had you spot on tbf :icon_lol: