José Enrique

Baggio

As he's gone for less than we bought him, it's clearly got nothing to do with making a profit. The lad wanted out because he didn't like the way the club was run. Neither do any of us.

some do mate, some do.

He doesn't "like the way the club is run" because they are putting short term profit over building a good longer term football team.

We've only got ourselves to blame. Giving him 60k a week when he first joined was a ridiculous amount of money and frankly a lot more than he was worth for the first two seasons.

I personally think two poor to average seasons followed by one good season in the championship and a good season in the PL does not warrant a pay rise, which is what he expected.

Those pictures made me almost throw up. Not even kidding. Made me fucking sick to my stomach. If Perch is playing left back against Arsenal I'm going to fucking kill myself.

Even rapey knows that the only thing that can make his reputation go any lower, is playing James Perch. Perch literally and seriously could be the difference between 0 points and 3.

Fuck Enrique, most boring transfer saga in the clubs history. "I only go to Champion League clooob jajajaja" fuckin mercenary cunt, and he ends up somewhere who will come 5th IF Tottenham and Arsenal have spectacularly bad seasons. Bitter? Very.

NUFC has been a shambles for most of the time Jose’s been here. Taylor and Harper are probably the only first team players on our books that wouldn’t jump at a move to a club with real ambition and a professional approach.

We were loyal to him when he was shit, where is his loyalty. Now this is open to debate, but as far as I'm concerned coming 5th is coming no where in this league, Europa League is shite, and in my view Liverpool won't come higher than that, their best player is getting no younger, and who else do they have that is absolute top drawer? Suarez possibly, they don't have what Tottenham have even in my view, he categorically said he'd leave for a CL club, they're not even in the fuckin Europa League let alone CL. It's been dragging on for 9 months making us look like cunts, well he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, I hope he does shite, and I hope he returns to the form he showed here under Sam Allardyce. They're an unforgiving crowd at Anfield too, first sign of a few bad games they'll give him the old Konchesky treatment and his mother will be abusing scousers on facebook and twitter. Pleased it's all over and he'll get a shit reception of me as opposed to Carroll who I have nothing against.

You're the biggest gobshite on this forum by a long way. Konchesky was never, nor ever would be, a Liverpool player. He wasn’t wanted at any time by the fans because we already knew before he came that he was a load of shite. He was brought in by that stupid old owl to be his eyes in the dressing room. We didn’t turn on him, we were never for him.

New players here get more of a chance than I’ve seen at most clubs, although, like ALL fuckin clubs, we have our knobheads who kneejerk at the slightest bad pass. When we signed Crouch the world and his wife were slagging us, him, and the management, as week after week he failed to score. Fans know, before, and better, than any other clubs fans and the media, whether a player is worth having or not, which is why we, and we alone, stuck by him. He made a difference to the team from day one even though he didn’t score, all the rest of you saw was that he didn’t score.

As for Enrique, personally if I thought we could have had a shot at getting Baines I’d have broken the bank for him, far better player, imo. I’m happy to have Enrique though, if he plays as well for us as he did for you then he’ll be doing great.

As for your Europe jibe, c’mon ffs, we’ve been out of Europe only 7 times in the last 50 or so years, 6 of those through banning, I’m sure he sees himself as having a better chance here than at Newcastle, unfortunately for you.

It’s top 4 for us this year, I’m sure of it. Probably at the expense of Arsenal the way things are looking at the moment. Spurs aren’t looking that good to me, plus they’ve got all that Europa shite, which we haven’t.

BTW, Every time I read anything with Carroll he always goes on about how glad he is to be here, loves it by all accounts. Never stops smiling.

The feeling is mutual. Easily one of the biggest tools I've seen on tinterweb.

Kinchesky wasn't good enough so you persecute him game after game, even we give Perch a chance, poor Paul's mother had to resort to abusing Merseysiders on Twitter, because of the shocking abuse he was receiving. See Alan Smith hes one of the worst players we've ever had I dont thnk I've heard the crowd victimise him, its not Konchesky's fault he's shite, just a shame his goal in 2006 didn't prove to be the winner imo.

As for us being worse than you on paper in December well I beg to differ. Enrique, Coloccini, Tiote, Barton, Nolan and Carroll would've walked in to your team, not to mention HBA if he was fit.

Carroll was born and raised in Gateshead, its nee wonder he feels so at home there, but we all know where he'd rather be imo.

Those pictures made me almost throw up. Not even kidding. Made me fucking sick to my stomach. If Perch is playing left back against Arsenal I'm going to fucking kill myself.

Even rapey knows that the only thing that can make his reputation go any lower, is playing James Perch. Perch literally and seriously could be the difference between 0 points and 3.

Fuck Enrique, most boring transfer saga in the clubs history. "I only go to Champion League clooob jajajaja" fuckin mercenary cunt, and he ends up somewhere who will come 5th IF Tottenham and Arsenal have spectacularly bad seasons. Bitter? Very.

NUFC has been a shambles for most of the time Jose’s been here. Taylor and Harper are probably the only first team players on our books that wouldn’t jump at a move to a club with real ambition and a professional approach.

We were loyal to him when he was shit, where is his loyalty. Now this is open to debate, but as far as I'm concerned coming 5th is coming no where in this league, Europa League is shite, and in my view Liverpool won't come higher than that, their best player is getting no younger, and who else do they have that is absolute top drawer? Suarez possibly, they don't have what Tottenham have even in my view, he categorically said he'd leave for a CL club, they're not even in the fuckin Europa League let alone CL. It's been dragging on for 9 months making us look like cunts, well he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, I hope he does shite, and I hope he returns to the form he showed here under Sam Allardyce. They're an unforgiving crowd at Anfield too, first sign of a few bad games they'll give him the old Konchesky treatment and his mother will be abusing scousers on facebook and twitter. Pleased it's all over and he'll get a shit reception of me as opposed to Carroll who I have nothing against.

You're the biggest gobshite on this forum by a long way. Konchesky was never, nor ever would be, a Liverpool player. He wasn’t wanted at any time by the fans because we already knew before he came that he was a load of shite. He was brought in by that stupid old owl to be his eyes in the dressing room. We didn’t turn on him, we were never for him.

New players here get more of a chance than I’ve seen at most clubs, although, like ALL fuckin clubs, we have our knobheads who kneejerk at the slightest bad pass. When we signed Crouch the world and his wife were slagging us, him, and the management, as week after week he failed to score. Fans know, before, and better, than any other clubs fans and the media, whether a player is worth having or not, which is why we, and we alone, stuck by him. He made a difference to the team from day one even though he didn’t score, all the rest of you saw was that he didn’t score.

As for Enrique, personally if I thought we could have had a shot at getting Baines I’d have broken the bank for him, far better player, imo. I’m happy to have Enrique though, if he plays as well for us as he did for you then he’ll be doing great.

As for your Europe jibe, c’mon ffs, we’ve been out of Europe only 7 times in the last 50 or so years, 6 of those through banning, I’m sure he sees himself as having a better chance here than at Newcastle, unfortunately for you.

It’s top 4 for us this year, I’m sure of it. Probably at the expense of Arsenal the way things are looking at the moment. Spurs aren’t looking that good to me, plus they’ve got all that Europa shite, which we haven’t.

BTW, Every time I read anything with Carroll he always goes on about how glad he is to be here, loves it by all accounts. Never stops smiling.

Kinchesky wasn't good enough so you persecute him game after game, even we give Perch a chance, poor Paul's mother had to resort to abusing Merseysiders on Twitter, because of the shocking abuse he was receiving. See Alan Smith hes one of the worst players we've ever had I dont thnk I've heard the crowd victimise him, its not Konchesky's fault he's shite, just a shame his goal in 2006 didn't prove to be the winner imo.

As for us being worse than you on paper in December well I beg to differ. Enrique, Coloccini, Tiote, Barton, Nolan and Carroll would've walked in to your team, not to mention HBA if he was fit.

Carroll was born and raised in Gateshead, its nee wonder he feels so at home there, but we all know where he'd rather be imo.

You have no idea what you’re talking about, as per.

Konchesky was a shite player but received no more abuse at Anfield than any other team’s worst player, I was there, you weren’t and he certainly wasn’t victimized, get a grip dickhead. The abuse, as you call it, was on internet forums where fans said exactly what they thought of him and the idiot who bought him. That his Mother took up his cause on fb just showed him up for the mummy’s boy he is. Konchesky and Poulson are the worst players I’ve ever seen in red shirts and it was a blessing all round that he was got rid of as soon as possible.

Back in December we had a manager who only knows how to play well drilled football and he has the worst tactics ever. No matter which players he’d have had in his team, they’d have looked awful. He brought the worst football seen at Anfield in 60 years and the worst set of results since we last got relegated.

With only Torres out and Suarez in (Carroll injured) Kenny got the team up the table and they looked like the decent set of players they actually were. The fact that we finished 12 points ahead of you in what was a very bad season for us makes nonsense of your players who’d walk in to our team, none of them would have looked good under Hodgson.

You can have all the opinions you want but if Carroll had wanted to be at Newcastle still he would’ve been, simple as.

As he's gone for less than we bought him, it's clearly got nothing to do with making a profit. The lad wanted out because he didn't like the way the club was run. Neither do any of us.

some do mate, some do.

He doesn't "like the way the club is run" because they are putting short term profit over building a good longer term football team.

Apparently he was going go buy his contract out in January if they didn't let him go.

If he passes the medical, agrees to personal terms,, and he's gone forever, I'll be sad but glad, Sad that we're losing another of our best players, glad that all the speculation and rumours revolving around him are at an end.

Credit to him for staying after relegation, credit to him for his stalwart performences, but after 6 new players already signed so far, maybe he shouldn't have been so quick to say we lacked ambition. My hope now is that we finish above Liverpool this season.

2 fucking hopes, nae and bob

its clear to say we lack ambition when we buy six risky players to replace 6 or more that were definite first teamers.

Aye 9 months ago we were clearly a better side than them and spanked them off the field at SJP. Crystal clear that the two clubs have moved in totally different directions since then (not unlike they did when they sacked Houllier and we got rid of Bobby) and their streets ahead of us now.

The fact they've improved so considerably and a quarter of their acquisitions since then have come from NUFC speaks volumes! Still, as long as the bank balance looks good, eh? :lol:

You have no idea what you’re talking about, as per.

Konchesky was a shite player but received no more abuse at Anfield than any other team’s worst player, I was there, you weren’t and he certainly wasn’t victimized, get a grip dickhead. The abuse, as you call it, was on internet forums where fans said exactly what they thought of him and the idiot who bought him. That his Mother took up his cause on fb just showed him up for the mummy’s boy he is. Konchesky and Poulson are the worst players I’ve ever seen in red shirts and it was a blessing all round that he was got rid of as soon as possible.

Back in December we had a manager who only knows how to play well drilled football and he has the worst tactics ever. No matter which players he’d have had in his team, they’d have looked awful. He brought the worst football seen at Anfield in 60 years and the worst set of results since we last got relegated.

With only Torres out and Suarez in (Carroll injured) Kenny got the team up the table and they looked like the decent set of players they actually were. The fact that we finished 12 points ahead of you in what was a very bad season for us makes nonsense of your players who’d walk in to our team, none of them would have looked good under Hodgson.

You can have all the opinions you want but if Carroll had wanted to be at Newcastle still he would’ve been, simple as.

Konchesky was left a quivering mess due to the persecution he received there, and he's not as bad as you make out. Funny Poulsen (you can't even spell one of your own players names nobhead) was a very good player at Juventus, and also for Denmark, if they don't like you at Anfield you might as well be Martin Luther King at an EDL march.

"Kenny" picked the team up yes, but you're forgetting we lost our best player, and suffered more turmoil off the pitch by sacking our manager again and as a result the patchy form that followed, not to mention injuries.

You last sentence, total bollocks :lol: and to be fair a lot of your fans freely admit it, his press conference I think he mentioned Liverpool once. It's quite clear what happened in that transfer only an idiot would fail to see it.

Fantastic signing for them. As much as I hate to say it, they've got a good shot of a top 4 finish IMO. If Gerrard can come back and be anywhere near the player he was a few years back they'd be a very good shout for top 4.

That's it for me like, and it's where I think some are being very short-sighted.

Those saying that they're 'glad to see the back of him because he's been engineering a move away from NUFC for the past 12 months' surely should be asking why he's done that? It's because the club is run like a fucking shambles.

Can't blame the kid for wanting away. And you'll not be able to blame Tiote either when he realises the grass is far greener at Stamford Bridge.

Funnily enough, I was coming on to say something similar to Craig. This business about he's dragged the club's name through the mud etc. We are all sick of the way the club is run, and fans are just customers. This bloke was part of that team that had this brilliant spirit, loved the manager who got them promoted, had this lanky teammate who suddenly looked like a world beater, and in the space of 2 months that was all being dismantled. Then he tries to renegotiate his contract and they want to keep his wage static. Why the fuck should he show any loyalty in that situation?

You can't have it both ways. You can't hate the current owners, but expect the players to suck it up cos "it's tha toon man!". They are as fucked off as any fan. So Enrique said he'd like to stay forever and now he's gone. So fuck. His circumstances have changed immeasurably since then. And even if they hadn't, anyone who thought that that was in any way binding is an idiot.

Unfortunately you have to (or you dont) bring some balance to the whole thing or you really will have a miserable time supporting Newcastle.

Even though its being run like a shambles, Enrique is the only player who has wanted to leave the club since relegation. On the other side other players, fine players at that, such as Cabaye do want to join Newcastle.

You only have to look at whats going on at Arsenal to see that every club has players who want to move on for many different reasons.

We shouldnt get carried away that one player wanting out makes the whole squad rotten and wanting to be away.

No real beef with him leaving. He wanted away from the end of last season that was clear. Liverpoool turned his head and it's easy to see they are pushing to get back up there. We're not. He's held a fairly respectful silence over the whole thing bar that one outburst on twitter, which in a way I dont mind that he done. Im not about to thank him for sticking around when we went down etc, before then he hadnt been that great and nee one wanted him. Took him a while to settle but the last two seasons he's been one of the best LBs we've had. If we had shown an ounce of ambition (there's that word again..) he'd have stayed imo.

But he's gone, like many before him (and many to follow Im sure). Time to get behind the next bloke.

Enrique is the only player who has wanted to leave the club since relegation. On the other side other players, fine players at that, such as Cabaye do want to join Newcastle.

Eh?

Why did Carroll hand in a transfer request then?

Bassong, Owen, Martins, Beye, Duff and Geremi wanted to stay too?

That's it for me like, and it's where I think some are being very short-sighted.

Those saying that they're 'glad to see the back of him because he's been engineering a move away from NUFC for the past 12 months' surely should be asking why he's done that? It's because the club is run like a fucking shambles.

Can't blame the kid for wanting away. And you'll not be able to blame Tiote either when he realises the grass is far greener at Stamford Bridge.

Probably some people venting their frustrations wrongfully at Jose. The anger left me a long time ago regarding this, and has been replaced with misery. As noted in my avatar I'm Enrique's biggest fan, and have been touting his ability more or less since he joined (whilst others were hurling abuse at him because he was playing sporadically behind a shit midfield and had to clear the ball out). I even populated a large part of his wikipedia page FFS (not the shit regarding relegation, well well before that). My frustrations regarding his departure know no limits.

Enrique is the only player who has wanted to leave the club since relegation. On the other side other players, fine players at that, such as Cabaye do want to join Newcastle.

Eh?

Not to mention that we've no real idea whether the players that have joined are "fine players" at all.

Probably some people venting their frustrations wrongfully at Jose. The anger left me a long time ago regarding this, and has been replaced with misery. As noted in my avatar I'm Enrique's biggest fan, and have been touting his ability more or less since he joined (whilst others were hurling abuse at him because he was playing sporadically behind a shit midfield and had to clear the ball out). I even populated a large part of his wikipedia page FFS (not the shit regarding relegation, well well before that). My frustrations regarding his departure know no limits.

I can vouch that OzT has even modeled his own game on that of Enrique :lol:

Eh?

Not to mention that we've no real idea whether the players that have joined are "fine players" at all.

Chances are they'll be fine until the cold sets in and they get kicked one time to many on a late November's evening.

Eh?

First of since relegation, ie once the rats had left.

Re Carroll I thought you thought he was MADE to hand in a transfer request and didnt want to leave? You cant have it both ways. (Thats my bit) :lol:

Even though its being run like a shambles, Enrique is the only player who has wanted to leave the club since relegation. On the other side other players, fine players at that, such as Cabaye do want to join Newcastle.

Will he want to stick with us if he proves to be a fine player with the club having no ambition? Will the club want to stick with him when they get an offer and they can sell him with a profit?

Eh?

Anyone doubting Cabayes pedigree wants their head examined. Take my word for it....New Rob Lee :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Will he want to stick with us if he proves to be a fine player with the club having no ambition? Will the club want to stick with him when they get an offer and they can sell him with a profit?

This is the crux of it. The recurring theme at the minute is if your contract's up for renewal, you're probably gonna leave if you're any good (Nolan, Enrique) and stay if you're shit (Shola, Ranger). The long term effect of that is that as the squad gets progressively worse, the quality of "fine player" you can attract also diminishes. Long term decline.

Eh?

Anyone doubting Cabayes pedigree wants their head examined. Take my word for it....New Rob Lee :lol:

Anyone listening to your opinion on a player wants their head examined. :icon_lol:

Anyone that's good enough to play for one of the 5 or 6 bigger clubs at present will be away given the opportunity, the only reason Barton wants to stay is cos his lass is geordie and wants the bairn brought up here. Still bitter though.

I dont disagree with that but I think the Top four is way beyond not only us, but most teams.

So unless a top four club comes in, is it really a great move to move to another similar club?

If and its a big if, we get a decent striker and a decent left back in, then I see no reason why we cant compete in that second tier of the premiership. 9th last season bar a collapse in the second half against West Brom.

Just look how Everton have done with fuck all to spend in recent times. Not saying we will or that Pardew can do it, but not ruling it out also.

I know its popular to hate Pardew but he did get West Ham to a cup final. Would do me nicely next year.