José Enrique

Baggio

What's that prog called with the blonde wifey, Country House Rescue? I think it is. Anyhoo, get her in!

Or, if we did a restaurant analogy, we could call in Gordon Ramsay to sort us oot. All it would need was some local produce.......oooops, we went and sold our prize cabbage to a competitor :(

What's that prog called with the blonde wifey, Country House Rescue? I think it is. Anyhoo, get her in!

Or, if we did a restaurant analogy, we could call in Gordon Ramsay to sort us oot. All it would need was some local produce.......oooops, we went and sold our prize cabbage to a competitor :razz:

:(

Aye, the "favour" loan deal was the one that broke the camels back. there were other issues. Lack of investment and the size of the squad being something I recall. Not sure about others.

We have had zero ambition for years and all selling good players gets you is relegation fights. Even if you reinvest all the money on new players there's no guarantee the new ones will be as good, and lets be honest, who thinks all the money will be spent? We sold three of our better players in 1988 and spent the lot replacing them. We went from 8th to 20th in a season and were relegated.

Everything that happens at NUFC is in Ashley's hands, players want to go to clubs to further their ambitions, MA has made NUFC an unattractive prospect for a player who wants to get on in his career. How many stories do the club have to peddle about not keeping unhappy players or smearing people like KK for people to realise that the regime in charge are absolutely and categorically, full of shit?

Id agree everything except the bit in bold.

We are an attractive prospect to players looking to further their career. Unfortunately its not the types of players that will help NUFC. Championship players, lower league Europeans and those with a "dodgy record" who otherwise would have little chance of playing in the Prem now see coming here as their chance and hopefully for them if they do ok they'll get to move to another "bigger" club.

Sometimes it will work, Ben Arfa will likely be an excellent example of the "dodgy record" ones, players who appear to be so skillful its unbelievable yet for some reason havent been snapped up by Man U, Arsenal etc. Keep his nose clean here and they'll be fighting to sign him.

The Ben Arfas and Tiotes of this world are the ones that will pee me off the most, watch them for a season, marvel at the silky skills and then be devasted the season after when they tear us apart for some other club.

Sometimes I think Id prefer not to have seen them in Black and White at all, at least then I wouldnt know exactly what I was losing. :(

My point Leazes ( and I know this doesn't suit your agenda) is that it's sometimes nice to discuss current events at the club from a viewpoint of today. Not yesteryear, not where we feel we should be, but where we actually are.

We all know the past, we all know the H & S's gave us our best times in a generation, we all know Ashley fucked up and we all know the club currently has no intention of throwing big money at chasing the Top four or even Europe.

Virtually everyone knows this.

Therefore we should be able to discuss current events from this perspective without every thread derailing into the usual end game.

Been out for the day and just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered but it was you who brought up Shepherd in this topic, no-one else! :(

The Ben Arfas and Tiotes of this world are the ones that will pee me off the most, watch them for a season, marvel at the silky skills and then be devasted the season after when they tear us apart for some other club.

Sometimes I think Id prefer not to have seen them in Black and White at all, at least then I wouldnt know exactly what I was losing. :(

Beardsley & Gascoigne syndrome all over again isn't it? Will never forget watching Beardsley absolutely tearing us apart at SJP soon after he joined Liverpool. It was sickening to watch - probably the hardest example of an ex-player playing against us.

My point Leazes ( and I know this doesn't suit your agenda) is that it's sometimes nice to discuss current events at the club from a viewpoint of today. Not yesteryear, not where we feel we should be, but where we actually are.

We all know the past, we all know the H & S's gave us our best times in a generation, we all know Ashley fucked up and we all know the club currently has no intention of throwing big money at chasing the Top four or even Europe.

Therefore we should be able to discuss current events from this perspective without every thread derailing into the usual end game.

Been out for the day and just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered but it was you who brought up Shepherd in this topic, no-one else! :(

So what does that make the Shepherd count to date..... CT 1 Leazes 3,000,971 :razz:

So what does that make the Shepherd count to date..... CT 1 Leazes 3,000,971 :razz:

Nope, I'm still failing to see why you're finding the need to bring it up in this thread. You've basically brought Shepherd into the argument to try to get Leazes to bite and when he hasn't really taken your bait, you've decided to attack him on it anyway.

I'd lay off the sauce for a bit if I was you CT.

Nope, I'm still failing to see why you're finding the need to bring it up in this thread. You've basically brought Shepherd into the argument to try to get Leazes to bite and when he hasn't really taken your bait, you've decided to attack him on it anyway.

I'd lay off the sauce for a bit if I was you CT.

:razz: One of us has been on the sauce and it aint me.

My first mention of Shepherd was in response to Leazes usual derailment meander of any newcastle thread that starts with lots of were not ambitious anymore, Ashleys a cunt bla fucking bla.......

My reply was

If you want to drag every discussion back to ashleys an unambitious cunt and were not as good as halls and shepherd then your discussions are not for me.

I think everyone on this forum, bar you understands exactly what my post meant and that in know way was it looking for a bite. :rolleyes:

So you accept that it was you who brought up the past and not Leazes? All he did was point out that, contrary to your argument, it IS in Ashley's hands - something countless others of us are arguing too yet you don't find suit to accuse us of digging up the past.

You're digging a fucking chasm for yourself man!

So you accept that it was you who brought up the past and not Leazes? All he did was point out that, contrary to your argument, it IS in Ashley's hands - something countless others of us are arguing too yet you don't find suit to accuse us of digging up the past.

Keep rolling your eyes Travis. Akin to sticking your fingers in your ears tbh.

Or, if we did a restaurant analogy, we could call in Gordon Ramsay to sort us oot. All it would need was some local produce.......oooops, we went and sold our prize cabbage to a competitor :razz:

After the owner had climbed on the roof and daubed "Shop at Joe's" on it :(

:razz:

Keep rolling your eyes Travis. Akin to sticking your fingers in your ears tbh.

Listen stalker chops, all I was trying to do was stop the discussion derailling into the usual Ashleys a twat, ashleys not ambitious which is always closely followed by the Shepherd debate as illustrated many times on this forum weekly.

You even did it yourself here

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&pid=736247

Stalk on bonny lad :(

Edited by Christmas Tree

and whatever happened to those who built up the "stately home" when its foundations were crumbling, nobody came to visit anymore, local business didn't want to invest in it, and the bulldozers were ready to move in ? They were despised for wasting money on the reconstruction of the building, and all those valuable art paintings that they filled it with which attracted massive increases in the clicking of the turnstiles and commercial exposure every time it opened ?

We agreed not to do this anymore :razz:

It wasn't that badly crumbling, as some state, when they took it over. They were lauded for the stately home's extension work and some of its artwork (past more than present), sadly they'd taken out a 110% mortgage and the property market collapsed.

I know..... :( I just like the analogy and thought I'd play along with it....

:razz:

You dig up a thread by me from 12 months ago and have the audacity to suggest I'm a stalker? :(

You can't be far off the pacific basin by now with all that digging :razz:

Everyone deserves a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th chance.

One thing though, while CT might talk a load of guff at times he's actually said he's holding off buying a ST until he sees whether Ashley is going to spend any money this summer. Leazes, on the other hand, has bought another 3 years upfront. Now I don't have a problem with him for doing that and I'm not about to criticise anyone who supports the club, but when we've got so many fans who are prepared to stay loyal to the club despite their feelings for Ashley then it's not difficult to see when the fat man feels he get away with behaving in this manner.

I take your point.

I've been away from the area a long time, and I've kept up my support for the club as much as possible, living in Scarborough wasn't too much of a problem. Before that though, I missed more home games than I wanted but made it up with the away games. There was a brief period when I missed quite a lot and couldn't do much about it but also I admit that during the years approx 1978-81 was a period where my enthusiasm drained, not really because it was a bad time, but circumstances and the way I led my life, it wasn't a deliberate boycott but emotionally I was detached because I was away and also the club had seriously pissed me off after losing Gordon Lee, and the fallout of it ie the McGarry years, and the subsequent realisation that the club was utterly shite from top to bottom.

I'm back now though, at least for now, if I am back for the whole 3 years, then it is too good a reduction in the price to turn down, and I have a good seat I don't want to lose. Having said that, one of my mates says that there will be plenty of spare seats and so if I give it up and the team picks up or Ashley sells there will be plenty of other good seats, so that made that particular point of view irrelevant, because of course he is right.

On the other hand, if I left the area again, I may not really be able to travel all the time, it depends, I would likely be too far away and I'm getting older, and I must admit the prospect of watching the team decline back to the on the field state it was in under the McKeags and Westwoods is something I don't know if I can stomach. So if this happens I will sell my ticket. So I'm buying it and playing everything by ear. If I stay back in the area I will see the 3 years through, whatever happens.

Each to their own. Lots of people can't get to games for different genuine reasons, the only thing that pisses me off, is those who were attracted back to the club by the previous regime [there I've said it] who have now either pissed off now they have gone and are criticising them, or have pissed off and won't admit it.

I also think those who are backing Mike Ashley quite fervently should be doing their best to back him or shut up. He will need it. I genuinely think the club is in decline, it can't be anything else when the expectations have been lowered, the revenues are diving, our best players see their careers elsewhere and they attempt to lie through their back teeth to us all the time about their intentions, and worst of all, piss off their managers. The one thing you must do is back your manager, he is your most senior employee !!!!

Back him or sack him if you lose confidence in him, but you MUST back him as best you can. Not one of the managers appointed by Mike Ashley has been backed and given a fair crack of the whip in line with what should be the expectations of this football club.

One thing though, while CT might talk a load of guff at times he's actually said he's holding off buying a ST until he sees whether Ashley is going to spend any money this summer. Leazes, on the other hand, has bought another 3 years upfront. Now I don't have a problem with him for doing that and I'm not about to criticise anyone who supports the club, but when we've got so many fans who are prepared to stay loyal to the club despite their feelings for Ashley then it's not difficult to see when the fat man feels he get away with behaving in this manner.

I take your point.

I've been away from the area a long time, and I've kept up my support for the club as much as possible, living in Scarborough wasn't too much of a problem. Before that though, I missed more home games than I wanted but made it up with the away games. There was a brief period when I missed quite a lot and couldn't do much about it but also I admit that during the years approx 1978-81 was a period where my enthusiasm drained, not really because it was a bad time, but circumstances and the way I led my life, it wasn't a deliberate boycott but emotionally I was detached because I was away and also the club had seriously pissed me off after losing Gordon Lee, and the fallout of it ie the McGarry years, and the subsequent realisation that the club was utterly shite from top to bottom.

I'm back now though, at least for now, if I am back for the whole 3 years, then it is too good a reduction in the price to turn down, and I have a good seat I don't want to lose. Having said that, one of my mates says that there will be plenty of spare seats and so if I give it up and the team picks up or Ashley sells there will be plenty of other good seats, so that made that particular point of view irrelevant, because of course he is right.

On the other hand, if I left the area again, I may not really be able to travel all the time, it depends, I would likely be too far away and I'm getting older, and I must admit the prospect of watching the team decline back to the on the field state it was in under the McKeags and Westwoods is something I don't know if I can stomach. So if this happens I will sell my ticket. So I'm buying it and playing everything by ear. If I stay back in the area I will see the 3 years through, whatever happens.

Each to their own. Lots of people can't get to games for different genuine reasons, the only thing that pisses me off, is those who were attracted back to the club by the previous regime [there I've said it] who have now either pissed off now they have gone and are criticising them, or have pissed off and won't admit it.

I also think those who are backing Mike Ashley quite fervently should be doing their best to back him or shut up. He will need it. I genuinely think the club is in decline, it can't be anything else when the expectations have been lowered, the revenues are diving, our best players see their careers elsewhere and they attempt to lie through their back teeth to us all the time about their intentions, and worst of all, piss off their managers. The one thing you must do is back your manager, he is your most senior employee !!!!

Back him or sack him if you lose confidence in him, but you MUST back him as best you can. Not one of the managers appointed by Mike Ashley has been backed and given a fair crack of the whip in line with what should be the expectations of this football club.

Aye that's spot on LM, straight from the heart.

FWIW I think this fantastic club of ours works massively on peaks and troughs and has done so for years. Early 70s we were up, late 70s / early 80s down, mid 80s up, late 80s / early 90s up. mid 90s to late 00s up and we're now down again. Our time will come again I have no doubt of it.

Fucking hard to deal with though when it is a down.

The Toon boss (Anal Pardew) told the Chronicle: “There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%.

“He’s under contract here until next summer. And we hope to open talks on a new deal as soon as possible.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1JP0v1Lbd

That makes it certain then, Jose's away.

Honestly, the worst part about this, and it's something that Leazes has been noting for some time now, is that this is yet another sign that the owner and board at NUFC are not at all behind Alan Pardew. I have no doubt that Pardew has believed everything that he's said (about Carroll in the past and now about Enrique) but he has to be learning quickly that the owner and board only tell him what's actually going on at the club when it suits their agenda.

In this case I have a feeling that there is in fact no deal done between Enrique and Liverpool - as they're not going to have been silly enough to risk punitive damage by tapping up the Spaniard. Nonetheless though this kind of derisory contribution to any semi-realistic attempt by Newcastle United to actually legitimately resign Enrique will have an impact. Already there is a suggestion from some that he's lost his enthusiasm and determination on the field, certainly he's not been at the standard he was earlier in the season. At this stage there is a legitimate reason for this - a niggling injury. If it continues through to the end of the season when his full match conditioning has returned then perhaps there is more to it.

He has to be completely aware now that clubs with far more ambition are interested in signing him, and now would be the time to do so. The only reason he has to be loyal to Newcastle United are the supporters and some of his team mates. In the context of modern football that doesn't count for much. Whatever the case I cannot see the club offering him a suitably improved contract, which there is obviously money there to do. Some of the money from the Carroll sale would be well spent in improving Enrique's deal. Let's not forget that we had a much higher wage spend (with numerous players signed under Ashley) in our last Premier league season so there's no reason that there shouldn't be enough room to make a legitimate improved offer to Enrique without even looking at the money from Carroll's sale.

The nail in the coffin will be if there is any sort of negative reaction from the supporters towards Enrique at the next home game. Like I mentioned earlier the support are one of the only two reasons that could potentially keep him here so if they go any miniscule chance of him re-signing will also.

The most frustrating aspect of this all for me, is that even will Carroll gone, we're not that far off having a very competitive side. Retain Enrique, Barton and Nolan and we need only to get a couple of strikers and a couple of wingers in, something entirely possible within the constraints of a 35M budget. I'd even have Routledge back as one of the wingers, costing us nothing and freeing up more of the 35m to improve our front line. Don't know how I can retain any sort of optimism given what we've witnessed over the last few seasons.

Aye that's spot on LM, straight from the heart.

FWIW I think this fantastic club of ours works massively on peaks and troughs and has done so for years. Early 70s we were up, late 70s / early 80s down, mid 80s up, late 80s / early 90s up. mid 90s to late 00s up and we're now down again. Our time will come again I have no doubt of it.

Fucking hard to deal with though when it is a down.

:( Respect LM.

We are an up and down club and your right our time will come again. This particular down has been frustrating what with relegation but theres a positive in every negative. Relegation imo actually done us good, although i will never say i wanted it to happen. Just gave us the chance to wipe the slate clean, ship out the shit and the mercenaries and start again.

From there on its been even more up and down but still i think as a club we are making steady progress not free from mistakes and set backs however. (Carroll and Hughton)

I dont back nor personally support FMA just hope that he will come good and a do right by our club. This summer is crucial and we will see which way we are going. If we dont spend big'ish then LM and others were right all along and i admit my wrongs, however if we do spend, and i honestly feel we will all be pleasantly suprised then we have to start looking at it all as a positive.

Back in the PL, secured PL status, gradual improvement, financial improvement and so on....like i said this summer is massive.

I just hope that if he doesnt spend that he sells the club instead.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

I take your point.

That's a great post

Relegation imo actually done us good, although i will never say i wanted it to happen. Just gave us the chance to wipe the slate clean, ship out the shit and the mercenaries and start again.

I don't entirely get this point of view. It was a financial disaster for the club; the manager who forged the squad was sacked; it must have impacted our ability to attract top talent; we were a laughing stock for many.

I can understand that layabouts like Martins didn't want to stay, but couldn't they have been persuaded to move on with suitable incentives anyway, at much less cost to the club than a relegation? I assume the malcontents would have wanted to go anyway, with the encouragement of the senior squad members, and by the same token, maybe we could have afforded to hang onto some decent players.

Edited by Kitman