José Enrique

Baggio

My point Leazes ( and I know this doesn't suit your agenda) is that it's sometimes nice to discuss current events at the club from a viewpoint of today. Not yesteryear, not where we feel we should be, but where we actually are.

We all know the past, we all know the H & S's gave us our best times in a generation, we all know Ashley fucked up and we all know the club currently has no intention of throwing big money at chasing the Top four or even Europe.

Virtually everyone knows this.

Therefore we should be able to discuss current events from this perspective without every thread derailing into the usual end game.

My point Leazes ( and I know this doesn't suit your agenda) is that it's sometimes nice to discuss current events at the club from a viewpoint of today. Not yesteryear, not where we feel we should be, but where we actually are.

We all know the past, we all know the H & S's gave us our best times in a generation, we all know Ashley fucked up and we all know the club currently has no intention of throwing big money at chasing the Top four or even Europe.

Virtually everyone knows this.

Therefore we should be able to discuss current events from this perspective without every thread derailing into the usual end game.

I don't have an "agenda". The only "personality" I want is to compete at the top, and realistically get back above teams like Spurs and Liverpool at the curren time, and I don't care who runs the club if we do it. There is a way to do it, and your man is not doing it the right way ie the way to succeed. This is my only "agenda".

I would rather someone who understands how to do it and/or makes mistakes and retains that focus, than someone who does not have the desire or the know-how or the footballing awareness to attempt it.

If you don't take a shot, you don't score a goal.

Sit back in football, rest on your laurels, stop trying to move forward on the pitch and there is only one way you go.

And you have mentioned Shepherd/Halls and Shepherd here, not me. I'm saying what it takes to succeed, if you associate those principles with the fact that the Halls and Shepherd understood and implemented them, then you are right and there is indeed hope for you yet, but it is not me who mentioned them first and "derailed" this thread.

Edited by LeazesMag

from .com

Much debate has been prompted by the supposedly accidental outburst from Anfield apologist Phil Thompson, regarding an agreement to sell Magpie defender Jose Enrique to Liverpool this coming summer.

While there's no shortage of folks claiming to have insider knowledge of what the red side of Merseyside are up to, our attempts to shed light on the story from a Tyneside perspective have failed to find anything worth reporting.

That's not to say there's no smoke without fire, but the people who are often first to know when deals are struck involving SJP are noticeably quiet at present.

Sorry for putting thread back on the rails :(

The fact Enrique himself hasn't cleared the air yet is a little worrying...

The Toon boss (Anal Pardew) told the Chronicle: “There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%.

“He’s under contract here until next summer. And we hope to open talks on a new deal as soon as possible.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1JP0v1Lbd

That makes it certain then, Jose's away.

Edited by trophyshy

Shakes head, moves on giving himself a good kick for expecting a different outcome.

the only outcome here, will be Enrique moving on, and you making excuses for Mike Ashley

What I mean is whether he stays or goes is out of Ashleys hands.

If a "bigger" club who or already in the CL or looking as though they are heading there, come in for a player who has ambitions to be in the CL then he's going to go.

We are neither of those.

We have had zero ambition for years and all selling good players gets you is relegation fights. Even if you reinvest all the money on new players there's no guarantee the new ones will be as good, and lets be honest, who thinks all the money will be spent? We sold three of our better players in 1988 and spent the lot replacing them. We went from 8th to 20th in a season and were relegated.

Everything that happens at NUFC is in Ashley's hands, players want to go to clubs to further their ambitions, MA has made NUFC an unattractive prospect for a player who wants to get on in his career. How many stories do the club have to peddle about not keeping unhappy players or smearing people like KK for people to realise that the regime in charge are absolutely and categorically, full of shit?

Everything that happens at NUFC is in Ashley's hands, players want to go to clubs to further their ambitions, MA has made NUFC an unattractive prospect for a player who wants to get on in his career.

Very well summarised and simply put, it sums everything up nicely. Anyone that disagrees with HMHM's sentence is a mug, and I would say it to their faces.

Edited by McFaul

iirc - the only comment enrique has made was to say he would sign a new contract when we are safe...........

How, man, divvent let facts get in the way of a good argument!

However, what a boost it would be if Ricky did sign a new contract. I doubt it, but it would be fantastic news.

iirc - the only comment enrique has made was to say he would sign a new contract when we are safe...........

Did he specify which club though? :(

Everything that happens at NUFC is in Ashley's hands, players want to go to clubs to further their ambitions, MA has made NUFC an unattractive prospect for a player who wants to get on in his career.

Very well summarised and simply put, it sums everything up nicely. Anyone that disagrees with HMHM's sentence is a mug, and I would say it to their faces.

agreed. i'm shocked by some of phil and toonpack's comments. i honestly didn't think there were any nufc fans out there that didn't despise the twat that runs the club. some of the anti-keegan sentiment is a bit off too.

agreed. i'm shocked by some of phil and toonpack's comments. i honestly didn't think there were any nufc fans out there that didn't despise the twat that runs the club. some of the anti-keegan sentiment is a bit off too.

I would go further than my earlier point, people who don't agree with HMHM's comment are ARSEHOLES. This is a dictatorship who were found by an independent inquiry to have systematically LIED and MISLED a customer and fanbase of well over 600,000 people in this country. Utter utter mugs. There's no defence. If we win the league with them they're still fuckin cunts.

Everyone deserves a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th chance.

One thing though, while CT might talk a load of guff at times he's actually said he's holding off buying a ST until he sees whether Ashley is going to spend any money this summer. Leazes, on the other hand, has bought another 3 years upfront. Now I don't have a problem with him for doing that and I'm not about to criticise anyone who supports the club, but when we've got so many fans who are prepared to stay loyal to the club despite their feelings for Ashley then it's not difficult to see when the fat man feels he get away with behaving in this manner.

One thing though, while CT might talk a load of guff at times he's actually said he's holding off buying a ST until he sees whether Ashley is going to spend any money this summer. Leazes, on the other hand, has bought another 3 years upfront. Now I don't have a problem with him for doing that and I'm not about to criticise anyone who supports the club, but when we've got so many fans who are prepared to stay loyal to the club despite their feelings for Ashley then it's not difficult to see when the fat man feels he get away with behaving in this manner.

Why should he spoil something which I've had for over 20 years though?

I know mate, which is why I don't blame or want to criticise people for renewing. I do think we'll be awful next season mind.

All I see is Direct Spots adverts everywhere and LardAsh pissing all over us whilst laughing his fuckin' head off.

I know mate, which is why I don't blame or want to criticise people for renewing. I do think we'll be awful next season mind.

We will be I agree. Leon Best top scorer with 9 his new strike partner Jonathan Walters with 6 (3 pens).

I say now I think I have as much (if not more) contempt for local toon fans who support this regime, as I have for Ashley and Dekka themselves.

The Toon boss (Anal Pardew) told the Chronicle: “There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%.

“He’s under contract here until next summer. And we hope to open talks on a new deal as soon as possible.

You have to smile at the Chronicle, like, you really do.

Good old Ronnie Gill isn't known for his ability to dig to find a story, even if one is under Ronnies nose with a huge label wrapped around it saying 'I'm a story' on it.

He'll be away as he's ambitious and knows we're a selling club. Thompson will have more clue he's going to Liverpool than Ronnie will even if its just Liverpools intentions to buy him, as a decent bid will see him sold because the club will 'reluctantly sell a player who doesn't want to be here'. He's away, but it won't be Mikes fault. :(

All I see is Direct Spots adverts everywhere and LardAsh pissing all over us whilst laughing his fuckin' head off.

You know the SD tat all over the gaff is one of the main issues I have with the club. It's like they are trying to change our identity. Fuck the commercial aspect. While I understand it, I would love to compare marketing income now to before MA came. My impression (not necessarily correct) is that it will be lower with few boxes sold and less advertising being taken up outside of SD. I may be wrong, we may be selling it to SD for the going rate...

Good old Ronnie Gill isn't known for his ability to dig to find a story, even if one is under Ronnies nose with a huge label wrapped around it saying 'I'm a story' on it.

He'll be away as he's ambitious and knows we're a selling club. Thompson will have more clue he's going to Liverpool than Ronnie will even if its just Liverpools intentions to buy him, as a decent bid will see him sold because the club will 'reluctantly sell a player who doesn't want to be here'. He's away, but it won't be Mikes fault. :(

Oh aye, it won't be Mike's fault. When will we all just realise what a kind generous benevolent capitalist exploitative greedy cunt we have at the helm?

If we didn't have him then the club would be finished and we'd all have to support Sunderland. So tilt your prayer mats toward Burnham tonight, and while your on your knees showing respect, be a sweetie and lube your butthole for Big Mike and Little Lamb's next round of alacritous mendacity.

He'll be away as he's ambitious and knows we're a selling club. Thompson will have more clue he's going to Liverpool than Ronnie will even if its just Liverpools intentions to buy him, as a decent bid will see him sold because the club will 'reluctantly sell a player who doesn't want to be here'. He's away, but it won't be Mikes fault. :razz:

Oh aye, it won't be Mike's fault. When will we all just realise what a kind generous benevolent capitalist exploitative greedy cunt we have at the helm?

If we didn't have him then the club would be finished and we'd all have to support Sunderland. So tilt your prayer mats toward Burnham tonight, and while your on your knees showing respect, be a sweetie and lube your butthole for Big Mike and Little Lamb's next round of alacritous mendacity.

:(

Which one's please and I'll explain, feel free to paraphrase (acurately).

There's LOTS, many don't like the bloke (like me) but understand the position we were in, we're not now.

On Keegan, he's as open to valid criticism as anyone.

He wouldnt have needed to put as much as £250 mill into the club if it wasnt for the mistakes he made though

I agree, it'd have only been about £200-220 Mill ish

I don't view the money he paid to purchase the club as "putting it into the club". I'm not going to thank him for buying it in the first place, that was his own decision.

Anything he's paid over to fund the club's losses, that's what he's "put in" imo. Which I imagine is quite a lot of money, so well done him. However I don't know what he expected - I'd have thought most clubs lose money in an accounting sense. Which would have been obvious if he'd done his research or due diligence instead of buying the toon on a whim, as seems to be the case.

I suppose it depends whether you view football clubs as business investments. I don't really, I think they're more like public institutions. The economics of football clubs seem to be completely fucked anyway. I don't give a shit about the balance sheet, I just want to see the team progress on the pitch and I don't understand why fans act like financial controllers at times. As long as we're not going into liquidation, I find debating what we can and can't afford to spend quite tedious actually.

I can fully understand why Ashley won't put his hand in his pocket to fund losses and buy players, but then I wonder why he owns the club at all. If I bought a stately home, and let it fall into disrepair because I couldn't fund repairs from visitors receipts, would anyone be sympathetic to me? If Ashley doesn't like it, he should sell up for a realistic price and accept he made a bad investment. imo.

Quite like the stately home analogy, I would expand it thus:

You’ve bought your stately home, and being an idiot, and in a hurry, you didn’t have a survey done as you had the ready cash to get it for an apparently, good price, it being on of the biggest stately homes in the country, it got lots of visitors and seemed like a great way to massage your ego and possibly make some money, besides you love visiting stately homes and always secretly wanted one for yourself to play with.

Once you became owner and started to look around you found it had dry rot and woodworm and you had no choice but to get that fixed if you didn’t want it to fall down and you’d lose all the money you’d put into it. So you embarked on the costly work needed to sort that out.

The main attraction at the home was the art collection that came with it, to help fund the restoration work you traded some of the artwork, that hacked off the head art director and he left, sadly a good proportion of your regular visitors and art critics loved the old bloke and from that moment on you were despised by a good portion of your “customers”. You compounded that by appointing a succession of new art directors who basically just weren’t up to the job and your popularity continued to plummet, as did the popularity of your home, to the point where it dropped from the “A” list of Stately Homes to the “B” list.

Despite that you ploughed on with the restoration (which has cost you more than necessary because of your mistakes). But you’ve managed to get the home back onto the “A” list. On top of that the restoration is finished and the home is looking like turning a profit year on year so you can close your wallet. As an added bonus one of the artworks in the collection became very sought after and you sold it for a huge sum, there’s another one that people are after as well.

You are now at the point where you have a decision to make, the house is self sufficient and you have a surplus of cash, what do you do?? There’s two possible routes to take, firstly you could just leave the house ticking over and try and recoup some of the money you’ve put in to a point where the house is saleable again. Secondly you could spend all the surplus cash on new artwork (and its maintenance) to try and improve the house’s status.

Sadly the since you entered the Stately Home game, the Royal Family have opened the doors of their castles to the public and it’s unlikely you can compete with them, so the best you can hope for in reality is a steady growth and maybe you may get more visitors than Balmoral (like that Jewish stately home just did). Unfortunately overtaking Buck Palace or Windsor Castle is not on. Although, there are some new EEC rules on stately homes which may help.

At the end of this visitor season you will show, without doubt, which way you are going to go.

and whatever happened to those who built up the "stately home" when its foundations were crumbling, nobody came to visit anymore, local business didn't want to invest in it, and the bulldozers were ready to move in ? They were despised for wasting money on the reconstruction of the building, and all those valuable art paintings that they filled it with which attracted massive increases in the clicking of the turnstiles and commercial exposure every time it opened ?

We agreed not to do this anymore :(

It wasn't that badly crumbling, as some state, when they took it over. They were lauded for the stately home's extension work and some of its artwork (past more than present), sadly they'd taken out a 110% mortgage and the property market collapsed.

Guest Your Name Here
"Rulings have to be backed up with provable evidence; or technicalities as you call them"

So why not use a better example? Surely the tribunal would only focus on the Gonzalez deal if there was evidence which didnt exist for other transfers. I have to admit, i wasn't aware of the perspective on events that Phil is putting forward

Presumably because neither party had been recording the previous discussions/debates/ arguments?

"Although we heard a considerable amount of evidence as to events which took place in the months which followed Mr Keegan’s appointment, in view of our conclusions, we can proceed at once to the events which culminated in Mr Keegan’s resignation on 4 September 2008”

What do you think these conclusions were and how did they arrive at them?

There conclusions were that everything prior to Gonzalez was irrelevant. i.e. there was no valid reason for Keegan to leave.

They do actually go back to mention Keegan was aware that Wise would be appointed as DoF before he took on the job, but say this has no bearing on who has final say.

You appear to have read the document, but have no understanding of the fact the whole thing is centred around Gonzalez. Did you read the unedited PDF or a summary on a blog - such as nufc.com?

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/c...6~147392,00.pdf

I read the pdf, and I'm not unfamiliar with legal speak.

The Gonzalez transfer was the knockout blow to the head, but to assume this means there weren’t a number of body shots is simplistic and unrealistic.

Edited by Your Name Here