Bolton Wanderers vs NUFC

Matty

Fucking mint to be honest. I had a little fancy for us today but 3-0 after half an hour exceeded anyone's wildest dreams. Even when they scored I though we had enough about us all over the park to hang on for a win. I'm not getting carried way or anything but it was a great result considering there's a few first-teamers still who aren't fit. I think if we are going to do anything this season in the league (i.e. top 6) it was important, if not imperative, to get a good start. And today's result is a big step along the way to us getting a good start to the season.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm meeting a Bolton supporting mate later to give him the 50 quid he won in a bet on who would finish higher in the league last season, the result today makes it a bit easier to hand over the money.

I've got my money on Bolton Wanderers 1 Newcastle United 3, BSA will know exactly what tactics to employ, he'll be a gaping hole for Bolton, and I feel Sammy Lee has as much charisma as someone like Howard Wilkinson, Bolton doon within 2 seasons.

Bolton 1 Toon 3 25/1 at Lads 5a

Geremi first goal 22/1 at Corals 5a

Howay The Toon.

Psychic Stevie! ;)

Excellent start to the season, and it was nice to see West Ham lose at home too! :)

Was Smith any good?

Watch Football First tonight, we're match of the day... which is nice.

bet we're last on MotD

we always are......................

5 minute highlights of the match

http://rapidshare.com/files/48355399/Bolto..._Highlights.avi

press FREE and wait for the counter to stop, enter the code and hit download

if you just get sound (which will be silent or very quiet) you've not got the divx codec on your system, download and use this

http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/software/vid....8.6c-win32.exe

My uncle wasn't happy after the game. Said that at three nil we should have pushed on and hammered them Keegan style.

If we could have held out the first ten or fifteen minutes of the second half I might have agreed, but given that there was only 2 Newcastle players in our half when they broke to score, I think we learned our lesson and made sure of the 3 points very sensibly.

Excellent start.

Why did he drag Martins off and not Viduka though?

The fat aussie bastard really needs to win me over.

Very good result, chuffed to bits with this. Came in from the shop and stuck the radio on half expecting it to be 1-0 Bolton or 0-0, good feeling to find out we're 3-0 up ;)

Second half sounded like we lost the plot a bit and Bolton sounded like they were dominating, encouraging that we can see results out though and we didn't self destuct after Anelka's goal.

Viduka done very little for me. No one really shone but it was a good solid performance. Even though Bolton's only response was to start fouling we still hung on and looked quite resolute.

Over the moon

I thought Viduka did a lot of quiet dirty work - the striking equivalent of what Butt does/did.

When they score I wanted to get to the end with the 3 points being able to feel positive about the character of the team - and thats what happened.

Shola was shit though.

76059314ou4.jpg

What is it with Rozehnal and his socks ??

at first I thought he was wearing white socks with black stripes but it seems he's got some weired strapping thing going on, its not the first time he's worn them like that.

Brilliant performance today... 1st half especially.

Everyone was up for it, from Taylor and Roz at the back up to Viduka and Martins up front who really impressed, obviously Martins with 2 goals but Viduka helped him and everyone else very much.

Geremi looked like a great leader and Smith and Butt in midfield were superb tbh. Zoggy seems to have slotted in at left back even smoother than Nobby did at right back last season, which is a very good to see.

Canny good performance from our fans too, which is appreciated more when your sat in the home end like I was today. Was hard to contain myself after the goals but I somehow managed! ;)