Kindle: Amazon's Well-Established Wireless Reading Device

khay

Vinyl :rolleyes:

Pinball Machines :D

:D I don't collect Vinyl myself, but know a few people who do and they also own iPods (or whatever). It's a seperate issue imo. Books will stop becoming the defacto reading method and will instead, become a collectors ... fetish (for the want of a better word)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I don't collect Vinyl myself, but know a few people who do and they also own iPods (or whatever). It's a seperate issue imo. Books will stop becoming the defacto reading method and will instead, become a collectors ... fetish (for the want of a better word)

I've got nowt against people who grew up listening to vinyl collecting it, in much the same way I have a soft spot for VHS despite them being shite. It's the NME/Glasto crowd who preach that vinyl is a must and people who listen to CDs are heathens, despite not being born the last time vinyl was actually mass produced

KD - how come whenever somebody shows a taste slightly different to yours, you decide to mock all of the time?

Cos im just a middle of the road type guy who doesnt like anything out of the ordinary . . . except for being straight edge, collecting pinball machines and listen to obscure bands most people have never heard of :rolleyes:

I've got nowt against people who grew up listening to vinyl collecting it, in much the same way I have a soft spot for VHS despite them being shite. It's the NME/Glasto crowd who preach that vinyl is a must and people who listen to CDs are heathens, despite not being born the last time vinyl was actually mass produced

Where do you meet these people?

I kna :D I collect vinyls but listen to the majority of my music digitally.

Hark back to a time when you weren't a middle aged father . . . I have different circles of friends from home, university, work, football, travelling, the wife. Some of them spend hundreds a month on vinyl and laugh at the cheek of me listening to music in MP3 format. I laugh back

Anyone use any of the Newspaper subscriptions?

Still think this is one of the best devices ever!

Colour kindle coming out end of the year. Probably pick one of those up and subscribe to a few "periodicals" :rolleyes:

oooh. we were thinking of picking up a second one, not sure if I can hold out that long.

agree with khay that this thing is amazing. nice to be able to switch back and forth between a few books at a time without the need for keeping a pile of books next to me.

• 1 month later...