Kindle: Amazon's Well-Established Wireless Reading Device

khay

I am thinking of buying a Kindle, but worry I would miss the whole book experience, my son said the same. Im torn really.

Now you know how Natalie Imbruglia felt, but I know what you you mean about old book covers and that, but, it would be good having them all in the same place. :lol:

Cheers, Gemmill. :lol:

Yep I'm as torn as dear ole Natalie :lol:

You mean you're lying naked on the floor?

:lol:

I walked into that one didnt I? :lol:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of buying a Kindle, but worry I would miss the whole book experience, my son said the same. Im torn really.

Now you know how Natalie Imbruglia felt, but I know what you you mean about old book covers and that, but, it would be good having them all in the same place. :lol:

Walk onto this. BIFF! [/Lord Flashheart]

Walk onto this. BIFF! [/Lord Flashheart]

Love it!

Edited by Toonraider

I've had the kindle a couple of days now and I'm very pleased with it. If anyone is thinking of getting one I'd recommend it, easy to get the hang of, easy to set up to your wireless network, very impressed with it. Trouble is it's for christmas but I told the wife I was just going to 'make sure everythings ok and it works properly' before handing it over and now I don't want to wait for me new toy! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my mother had one of these kindles for xmas and i wasnt all that fussed on them because you cant replace a real book but when i looked at it. it actually made the writing look like it was on a piece of paper that beigy <<cant spell>> colour still wouldnt have one myself as i dont read that often.

Does it light up in darkness?

I rad somewhere it wasn't backlit.

No - they sell a cover which has an inbuilt light which according to a couple of the reviews is a little bit iffy.

No - they sell a cover which has an inbuilt light which according to a couple of the reviews is a little bit iffy.

You wouldn't read a book in the darkness would you? :lol:

Eg

When you missus wants to switch the lights off and you want to read.

thats a pointless excuse in favor of a shit device with some serious flaws. ipad anyway

thats a pointless excuse in favor of a shit device with some serious flaws. ipad anyway

Wouldnt the ipad be useless on holidays? Too much glare.

Eg

When you missus wants to switch the lights off and you want to read.

The lack of backlighting is kind of the point of it. The screen is meant to replicate a book and not strain your eyes like a computer screen would.

Kevin and "the point" - strangers as usual.

Kevin and "the point" - strangers as usual.

Oi, He of the Flaming Pube, give me ebooks!