NUFC v Fulham

NobbySol

:lol: played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. ;)

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

Spurs (false position) away.

Blackburn and Man City only teams above us played away.

I'd say that was skewed list of fixtures compared with whats gone.

Those are our future fixtures, we can only judge the past ones which haven't really been "easy". And in which we've performed better than last year.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allardyce is being a twat, this is surely obvious to anyone, sam supporter or not.

How's he being a twat? Just by playing Zoggy at left back?

Playing 4-3-3 when the players at his disposal don't suit it.

Geremi (no further explanation required)

Alan Smith, more bookings than attempts on goal.

Playing Butt when not fit.

Playing Faye when not fit.

Substituting creative players when chasing a result.

Playing Martins out of position.

Playing Milner out of position.

Thats without the fact we are looking absolute shite and not learning and responding to the causes of it.

Guest James_coDurham
Can't believe people are STILL persisting with this shite.

Almost half the way through the season, we're 5 points off 5th place ffs, and STILL not willing to give him time.

Jokers.

Clearly your tolerance for mediocrity is a lot higher than mine :icon_lol:

:lol: Fuck me. He's barely been in the job 5 minutes. just because he's tried different things and made selections that you find a bit suspect doesn't mean he should be sacked. Fucking hell ;) Rafa is years into his job, yet pissed Liverpool fans off earlier in the season. The decision not to select Torres in the starting 11 alarmed them. Yet there wasn't a massive RAFA OUT embarrassment. And that's for a bloke who's been there ages, not half a season. You're an embarrassment Jimbo

Edited by James_coDurham

We're actually doing ok. Not great but ok. Anyone who expected any more than that considering the new players that have come in and the other changes that have been made needs to have a word with themselves. It would have been an absolute disaster if some of the boo boys had 'won' and Allardyce had been sacked imo.

We're actually doing ok. Not great but ok. Anyone who expected any more than that considering the new players that have come in and the other changes that have been made needs to have a word with themselves. It would have been an absolute disaster if some of the boo boys had 'won' and Allardyce had been sacked imo.

I'll be honest, if you'd have offered me the position we are in before the start of the season, I'd have taken it !

But given the manner of our "performances", and the utter avoidablility of our poor results this season coupled with the sad fact that I don't actually enjoy watching us play at the moment, I don't believe Allardyce is the man for us, I don't believe that becoming Bolton is the way forward for Newcastle United.

It's ages since I've enjoyed watching Newcastle which should tell you how much work needed (and still needs) doing. I think a lot of the criticisms of Allardyce have been legitimate though. We were fucking awful yesterday too. It was like watching paint dry.

Some mistakes, some lessons learnt...

Playing 4-3-3 when the players at his disposal don't suit it.

Geremi (no further explanation required)

Geremi hasn't had a great start like, but 4-4-3 is what Allardyce knows. It's what brought him success at Bolton and it's not like the football is a whole lot better when he plays 4-4-2.

Alan Smith, more bookings than attempts on goal.

He seems to have realised that Smith belongs further forward and Smith had looked better over the last few games as a result.

Playing Butt when not fit.

Butt was maybe rushed back, worth a punt when he's been our best midfielder.

Playing Faye when not fit.

Substituting creative players when chasing a result.

Some of his changes have been met with incredulity from the fans, but those were games that were pretty much lost. When Butt went off injured last week he put Viduka on. Yesterday Emre came on for Geremi. So he's getting more rather than less creative.

Playing Martins out of position.

Martins is highest scorer so he knows how to utilise him.

Playing Milner out of position.

Milners been one of our best performers, if it's not his best position he's doing very well there.

Thats without the fact we are looking absolute shite and not learning and responding to the causes of it.

There's a couple of examples of learning above, and the last four performances have been infinitely better than the previous four before that.

:lol: played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. ;)

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

Those are our future fixtures, we can only judge the past ones which haven't really been "easy". And in which we've performed better than last year.

Judging by the performances so far I expect about 6 points from those games if we're lucky. We'd better not start losing against garbage at home.

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

Judging by the performances so far I expect about 6 points from those games if we're lucky. We'd better not start losing against garbage at home.

The same as we took from them last year then.

;) played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. :icon_lol:

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

You're hardly winning us over ! :lol:

;) played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. :icon_lol:

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

He expects us to do as well as we did last year against teams that are better than us, I expect us to get more than 6 points from those games. Either way we wouldn't have gone backwards. :nufc:

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

He expects us to do as well as we did last year against teams that are better than us, I expect us to get more than 6 points from those games. Either way we wouldn't have gone backwards. :nufc:

I think with the improvements in players, so called improvement in manager, and the undoubted improvement in back room staff, I would expect some signs of improvement, at least in performance if not result, but all I see is a worsening in performance, which I'm sure will be soon evident in our attendance figures.

I honestly don't understand a lot of folk on here. We used to say that we'd take an ugly three points and we're not interested in playing pretty just yet, we just want the points on the board.

Now we've played poorly and won, yet you lot now want great football and freeflowing attacking play. Get a grip man. We're not that good. We need to realise just where we sit in the Premier League at the minute. We're an average side, with average players on the whole.

I honestly have faith in Sam Allardyce, I don't agree with some of his decisions, but he's spent a lot longer coaching players than I have so I'd rather support him, than any of you lot.

It seems the cliche about Newcastle fans is absolutely on the money. Bunch of fickle, impatient children who need to learn what shite is before they start complaining about the position we're in now.

I can think of ten teams in the Premier League who'd swap with us in an instant. Let alone the other 80 odd teams in the football leagues.

fucks sake we're a team who should be content with points away from home and 3 points at home. That's where we are in the world at the moment. Solid home form and getting draws away from home are good results for us right now. We're not as good as you lot seem to think we are. With time and the right personnel we can become a team who gets 3 points at home and expects 3 points from teams like Fulham, but we're not there yet.

Bang on.

Wrong!

Football involves playing with a midfield and we're trying to play it like tennis.

Mark my words it will all end in tears.

We have played much, much better than this and lost, particularly in our last away game when we played Blackburn off the park. Today we probably didn't deserve to win but they certainly didn't deserve to, that's for sure.

Did we? :lol:

Fucking hell HF, which way are you going? Pro? Or against?

You're like a fucking wind sock!

I'm in agreeance with the wanker, for those that haven't worked that out yet.

And I have all the same concerns about players out of position and the negative tactics but what scares me the most is why Allardyce is persisting in the long ball game. It is obvious to everyone, even the most vocal Fish like Allardyce supporter that we don't have the players to play this way and yet 17 games into the season and it's still kick it as far up the pitch as you can and hope.

Football's not a hard game.

Following Fulham's late defeat to Newcastle United, Cottagers boss Lawrie Sanchez said on Setanta Sports that he would not be condemnng referee Howard Webb's awarding of a stoppage-time penalty.

Joey Barton buried the spot-kick to consign Sanchez's men to another defeat.

“Yeah probably, I mean the lad’s dived and hasn’t made contact, the ball was away when he contacted him…I’m seen them given, so I’ve got no real arguments with that to be honest," Sanchez said after the game.

He was full of sympathy for young defender Elliot Omozusi, who had a 19th birthday to forget, after bringing Alan Smith down in the area.

“I thought he was excellent today, I thought the team were excellent in the second half, I mean it’s a very cruel game for words, and it’s just shown you there was only one team ever going to win that second half," Sanchez continued.

"With about 20 minutes to go, I think Sam had settled for the draw, and was hoping to hold on for the draw.

“We entered their penalty box thirty times to their ten in the second half, there was only one team in it. We were creating everything, having better chances, I was disappointed to end up with a point. Ultimately, I’m disappointed it’s gone even worse, because we’ve ended up with nothing.

“We out-crossed them, we out-shot them, we did everything beyond out-score them, and then a long kick down the middle and it gets away from young Elliot.

"And you know, he has a dive at the bloke and the referee gives a penalty, as I say, it is symptomatic of our season, it’s been a cruel season so far.”

Fulham have now gone five games without a win, and their next game against Wigan could be crucial.

“I’m not having a good Christmas at this time, and unless we get a win against Wigan I’m going to have a very bad Christmas," Sanchez admitted.

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

We supposedly now have a much better manager and setup - is it wrong to expect improvements to performances and results?

Is it wrong to expect 6 months of "better" management to make a difference?

We have played much, much better than this and lost, particularly in our last away game when we played Blackburn off the park. Today we probably didn't deserve to win but they certainly didn't deserve to, that's for sure.

You see this is the problem with our support. They think like George "You're either with us, or against us" Bush. It's not as straightforward as "we're not top of the league so sack him". Yes, there's been some shit, yes Allardyce spouts some shit, that's no reason to go for a 5th manager in 3 years for christs sake!

You see this is the problem with our support. They think like George "You're either with us, or against us" Bush. It's not as straightforward as "we're not top of the league so sack him". Yes, there's been some shit, yes Allardyce spouts some shit, that's no reason to go for a 5th manager in 3 years for christs sake!

See I'd argue that your attitude is synonymous of the problems with our supporters.

It's obvious to all but the blind and the ostrich that there are problems but at least the blind have an excuse, what's yours?

Two very lucky, though not as "lucky" as NI it wasn't a penalty Lawrie would have you believe, wins and immediately we're safer than the twin towers against a jet aircraft.

Guest stevieintoon

And I have all the same concerns about players out of position and the negative tactics but what scares me the most is why Allardyce is persisting in the long ball game. It is obvious to everyone, even the most vocal Fish like Allardyce supporter that we don't have the players to play this way and yet 17 games into the season and it's still kick it as far up the pitch as you can and hope.

We won 1-0, it's a positive. Just for this week, I'm going to ignore the fact we're shit, if we get 7 points from Derby, Wigan, Chews and Citeh, we'll be in a reasonably healthy position.

By the way Sammy, loads of you Aussie cunts there on Saturday, outside the ground, felt like I was in Walkaboutcreek.

Did we? ;)

See I'd argue that your attitude is synonymous of the problems with our supporters.

It's obvious to all but the blind and the ostrich that there are problems but at least the blind have an excuse, what's yours?

Two very lucky, though not as "lucky" as NI it wasn't a penalty Lawrie would have you believe, wins and immediately we're safer than the twin towers against a jet aircraft.

My excuse is that I never wanted him here in the first place. :lol: How could anyone have seen us playing any different under him, did you ever see Bolton play? In our haste to get rid of Roeder without any forethought whatsoever as to having a BETTER manager lined up we brought this on ourselves. Do you want to make the same mistake again?

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a sacking debate, it's been done to death. Just to point out I'm not a flakey, flip-flopper, who's opinion changes with the weather as you suggest, but just someone with a bit of common who can see through the bullshit BOTH sides spout. :icon_lol:

We won 1-0, it's a positive. Just for this week, I'm going to ignore the fact we're shit, if we get 7 points from Derby, Wigan, Chews and Citeh, we'll be in a reasonably healthy position.

By the way Sammy, loads of you Aussie cunts there on Saturday, outside the ground, felt like I was in Walkaboutcreek.

If they were cunts stevie they can't of been like me, for starters I'm not stupid enough to support fulham which seems to be the london aussie backpacker thing to do. Now if they had of been aussie pricks well then that's a different matter.

Edited by sammynb

Did we? :icon_lol:

My excuse is that I never wanted him here in the first place. ;) How could anyone have seen us playing any different under him, did you ever see Bolton play? In our haste to get rid of Roeder without any forethought whatsoever as to having a BETTER manager lined up we brought this on ourselves. Do you want to make the same mistake again?

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a sacking debate, it's been done to death. Just to point out I'm not a flakey, flip-flopper, who's opinion changes with the weather as you suggest, but just someone with a bit of common who can see through the bullshit BOTH sides spout. :nufc:

:lol:

Obviously not!