Home is where the heart is?

Guest stevieintoon

Lived in Bensham, Gateshead for the first 21 years of me life, then went to sea for a few years but Gateshead was still me home.

Noo live doon the road from Disneyland in Anaheim, California but still consider Gateshead me hometoon.

Noelie was it a woman that got you living in Anaheim, or did you drop out in the sixties?

Neither, actually it was the lure of the sun that made me do it, got the urge to live in a place where the sun shone a lot more often than it did on Tyneside, a lot more ;)

I can understand that tbf. ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born at the Princess Mary

Wahey! So was I. That makes us almost related. I live a disgustingly sooperfan licence revoking 8.3miles from SJP. However, I've saved myself by marrying a lass who lived approx 1.2 miles from SJP therefore I am win.

Wahey! So was I. That makes us almost related. I live a disgustingly sooperfan licence revoking 8.3miles from SJP. However, I've saved myself by marrying a lass who lived approx 1.2 miles from SJP therefore I am win.

Two of us being born in the same Newcastle maternity hospital. Incredible ;)

Two of us being born in the same Newcastle maternity hospital. Incredible ;)

I know...the odds.

Born 159.1 miles away

Live 95.0 miles away

Quite far away but I have moved 64.1 miles closer to SJP, something even Stevie hasn't managed. I am therefore a better Geordie than he.

that means by the law of averages that when you die (64.1 miles closer to sjp), you will be a smoggy bastard.

Born 159.1 miles away

Live 95.0 miles away

Quite far away but I have moved 64.1 miles closer to SJP, something even Stevie hasn't managed. I am therefore a better Geordie than he.

that means by the law of averages that when you die (64.1 miles closer to sjp), you will be a smoggy bastard.

Eh?

Speaking of "Home is where the heart is"

I'm back in Toon tomorrow for Chrimbo. Cant wait for the train to cross the Tyne. Happy days.

Always good anyway but it was especially lush when I used to live away at university. You coming to The Trent before/after the match then? ;)

I'm back in Toon tomorrow for Chrimbo. Cant wait for the train to cross the Tyne. Happy days.

Always good anyway but it was especially lush when I used to live away at university. You coming to The Trent before/after the match then? ;)

I was going to but other posters have put me off with the toilet description! ;)

I can imagine. Once you get to know the place it's fantastic, to call it home must be an even greater privilage. Despite a "rocky" start up there I ended up enjoying it a hell of a lot. Newcastle has become one of my favourite cities in the world and without wishing to sound like a tit, I've been to a few. It's a perfect size, has a fucking great football stadium right in the middle, fantastic guitar shops and an international airport. Plus within 10 minutes you're in some of the most beautiful scenery you could hope to see. If only I could have found some decent golf courses I may have stayed longer....

I can imagine. Once you get to know the place it's fantastic, to call it home must be an even greater privilage. Despite a "rocky" start up there I ended up enjoying it a hell of a lot. Newcastle has become one of my favourite cities in the world and without wishing to sound like a tit, I've been to a few. It's a perfect size, has a fucking great football stadium right in the middle, fantastic guitar shops and an international airport. Plus within 10 minutes you're in some of the most beautiful scenery you could hope to see. If only I could have found some decent golf courses I may have stayed longer....

You're not Ottmar Hitzfeld are you?

Always good anyway but it was especially lush when I used to live away at university. You coming to The Trent before/after the match then? :rolleyes:

You're not Ottmar Hitzfeld are you?

I thought I was being really clever.... ;)

I don't even play golf. :yes:blush:

Where've you moved to btw?

South of France (not the expensive bit... ;)) Couldn't afford anything in England so me and MrsF decided to take the plunge. I've got a couple of friends out here so it made it a lot easier. We're doing up the place we bought so we might sell it on or stay here depending on my work and whatnot.

South of France (not the expensive bit... ;)) Couldn't afford anything in England so me and MrsF decided to take the plunge. I've got a couple of friends out here so it made it a lot easier. We're doing up the place we bought so we might sell it on or stay here depending on my work and whatnot.

Nice one. Sounds excellent.

Nice one. Sounds excellent.

Cheers man...it is in the main. I'm sure come the summer I'll be doing cartwheels. I do miss Northumberland though. Barca and Marseille are both 2-3 hours drive away from here, if we ever get back into Europe and any of you are coming over let me know. :yes